America's Got Talent (Season 7)

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

They were quite entertaining. I really liked the one he painted upside down. That was pretty cool.
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I enjoyed Joe Castillo’s performances. He could have just drawn pictures in the sand and it would have been impressive enough, but he went farther and actually told stories through the images.

snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

I agree that he was very interesting to watch (though my brother and sister enjoyed him more than I). But I think he wouldn't have done as well if he didn't tell stories.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

snubs wrote:But I think he wouldn't have done as well if he didn't tell stories.
I agree, that was what made his performances good, as opposed to just impressive. I just meant from an artistic standpoint, it’s absolutely amazing that he can make such incredible images in sand.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Right. I wouldn't even know where to begin if I would doing something like that. I mean, how does one make one picture turn into something totally different with like two swipes?
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

William Close was pretty interesting. I didn’t catch whatever the judges did that made them think he was the best thing ever and a guaranteed winner, but I was impressed by his various instruments. Very unique.

snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

I found him interesting...But he definitely wasn't my favorite. And I don't really see why the judges liked him so much..
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

When they were all like ‘We’d finance your act ourselves!’ I thought ‘Then do it. He doesn’t have to win, let someone else win, and then you have two headlining acts.’
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

I know, right. -_-
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

I really liked William Close; his last performance (in the final) was good, but I have to admit that the performance the next day was slightly better.
But having said that, after he auditioned, I was like "okay, we can go home now." should've handed over the money then.

Olate Dogs winning was kinda of a let down. They were great the first couple times, and they did get better..but mostly, they seemed to do the same thing each time. I thought America just voted them through on cuteness, as opposed to extraordinary talent. (talent yes, but they weren't my first choice.)

Till the end of the line.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

This group reminded me of West Springfield Dance Team from last season because of their theme, but their style was very different. It was unique how they changed everything up part way through. And in their first performance I liked how they made those faces with their arms, that kind of choreography always impresses me.

Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

BUMP!!!!

I've never seen the show. What is it?

P.S. I feel like this is totally one of those illegal bumps >_>
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Don’t worry Woody, I’ll make it legal by answering your question.
And if anyone is about to call the authorities, it wasn’t his fault. I asked him to post because I remembered that I had a few other things I wanted to post about, which I will do once I sort out the videos.

This is essentially a big talent show. People audition and the judges pick who they like best into a big group, then slowly weed thought them each round to narrow it down. Eventually it’s turned over to the viewers to vote who to advance.
godisawesomeness99
Popsicle kid

Post by godisawesomeness99 »

New season comes out june 4th, with 2 new jugdes, one of them being heidi klum
Daniel- Seattle Pacific University '22
Music is how God speaks to me
I used to be here.... but now I'm probably not.... so yeah
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

This was interesting. In more ways than one.

Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

I actually really liked the bells. :-k I couldn't listen to a two-hour show of it, but it's still really different.
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Yeah, I thought the instrument was interesting, and I didn’t mind the sound, but the guy was... strange. The judges were a bit too mean to him, but I don’t think they were far off in the long run. This wasn’t a winning act.