BBC's "Sherlock" Series

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Sparrow
Processing

Post by Sparrow »

Aeva wrote:So I'm shamelessly bumping this topic because I'm desperate to let off steam lol.

I just finished the last episode of Season 2, and I am totally in love with Sherlock. :inlove: (I got hooked after the first episode and watched them all this week.) He's amazingly crazy and brilliant and gorgeous, and Martin Freeman is adorable, and Molly is pitiably cute, and Lestrade is hilarious, and Mrs. Hudson is lovable, and Moriarty is hot in a psychotic way, and, and, and.... *dies*
Looking for a little Martin Freeman fix after The Hobbit, eh? \:D/
Aeva
Pretzel
Pretzel

Post by Aeva »

Laura Ingalls wrote:I want to know what those pills were... :- Somebody tell me. :x
The criminal is playing a game as he calls it. He kidnaps his victims and then pulls out two bottles, each containing one pill. One is deadly and the other harmless, and he of course knows which is which. The victim then has a choice of which pill to take, and the antagonist takes the other. \:D/
Sparrow wrote:
Aeva wrote:So I'm shamelessly bumping this topic because I'm desperate to let off steam lol.

I just finished the last episode of Season 2, and I am totally in love with Sherlock. :inlove: (I got hooked after the first episode and watched them all this week.) He's amazingly crazy and brilliant and gorgeous, and Martin Freeman is adorable, and Molly is pitiably cute, and Lestrade is hilarious, and Mrs. Hudson is lovable, and Moriarty is hot in a psychotic way, and, and, and.... *dies*
Looking for a little Martin Freeman fix after The Hobbit, eh? \:D/
That is a Sherlock-level deduction. \:D/ (Before anyone asks, I have also watched the first episode of the BBC's Robin Hood. :- )
But break my heart, for I must hold my tongue. --Hamlet.
StrongNChrist ~ Remembered Forever <3
Men who kill without reason cannot be reasoned with. --Stoic the Vast
Let's go down together for one more chance. The skeletons are screaming for one last dance. --Hawthorne Heights
Tell 'em turn it up 'til they can't no more. Let's get this thing shakin' like a disco ball. This is your last warning, a courtesy call. --TFK
You have nice manners for a thief and a liar. --Smaug
I know you mean well, but leave me be. Yes, I'm alone, but I'm alone and free. --Elsa
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

Season 3 starts filming in March. When it'll air is up in the air, but eh, I'm sure the amount of Martin and Benedict coming out in other forms is so likely to keep interest in the actors :D

Sherlock is brilliant. And the end of season 2.... crazy. In a word, lol.

And I guess I never notice the language. o.0 Someone once said the same of Star Trek 2009. It's not that I'm used to it, I just... don't notice it. *shrug* The storyline is pretty great though. Definitely gets me thinking. I know all the stories and lines now, but it took watching every episode multiple times to fully understand the plot. It has been a year since season 2 ended. Seems like forever.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Aeva wrote:(Before anyone asks, I have also watched the first episode of the BBC's Robin Hood. :- )
Your life will now be spared Gopher Girl. \:D/
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Aeva wrote:
Laura Ingalls wrote:I want to know what those pills were... :- Somebody tell me. :x
The criminal is playing a game as he calls it. He kidnaps his victims and then pulls out two bottles, each containing one pill. One is deadly and the other harmless, and he of course knows which is which. The victim then has a choice of which pill to take, and the antagonist takes the other. \:D/
Thanks, Aeva! \:D/
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Aeva
Pretzel
Pretzel

Post by Aeva »

You're welcome, Laura! \:D/ (That's an extremely basic summary. I thought I shouldn't entirely ruin the episode just in case you ever decided to watch the whole thing.)
Knight Fisher wrote:
Aeva wrote:(Before anyone asks, I have also watched the first episode of the BBC's Robin Hood. :- )
Your life will now be spared Gopher Girl. \:D/
What's Gopher Girl? I googled it and couldn't find anything lol.
Let's go down together for one more chance. The skeletons are screaming for one last dance. --Hawthorne Heights
Tell 'em turn it up 'til they can't no more. Let's get this thing shakin' like a disco ball. This is your last warning, a courtesy call. --TFK
I know you mean well, but leave me be. Yes, I'm alone, but I'm alone and free. --Elsa
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

He's not in the books you know. You called me a book purist, so that would make you a gopher girl. \:D/
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
Aeva
Pretzel
Pretzel

Post by Aeva »

Ohhh, I see. \:D/ Sorry lol, I didn't realize you were referring to me.

You're still a book purist. :x (Sir Guy of Gisborne really isn't in the books? I had no idea. :- )
Caswin
Found

Post by Caswin »

Wait, what books are we talking about here? We're talking about Robin Hood, right? This is relevant to my interests.
Novacom transmission... one, two, three... testing, one, two, three...
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

Someone told me that this show is super intense, (I'm not entirely sure I trust his opinion though.. :- ) is that true?

'Cause I should totally trust people on the internets opinion over my friends, right? ;)
Aeva
Pretzel
Pretzel

Post by Aeva »

We people on the internets speak TRUTH. \:D/

I think Sherlock could be construed as intense, depending on your definition of that word. I love it because the plots are deeply intriguing and even poignant, and the characters are portrayed brilliantly. However, if you are bothered by mild language and fairly pervasive gay jokes (Watson frequently corrects the misconception that he and Sherlock are together), then you might not like the show. If not, then buckle your emotional seatbelt and dive in, because Sherlock is amazing.
Last edited by Aeva on Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

*sighs* I couldn't help but post here really quickly to tell everybody that Sherlock is pretty much the best TV show ever, and everybody should watch it!!! Seriously though, I just finished episode 2 of Season 2, and... it's brilliant. Amazingly constructed, well played by the actors, and very immersing. So... yeah. Can't wait for Season 3 :)

Ok, seriously though, now I'm outta here until Easter!!
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

Sherlock is an amazing show. Definitely a more mature watch than Doctor Who, but brilliant nonetheless. The characters are both compelling and hilarious, in their own ways. And my heart goes out to poor Molly. :( She could do so much better than that brilliant but disinterested sociopath.
Or a megalomaniacal super-villain posing as a gay coworker, for that matter.
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

I want to watch these, I saw them on Netflix the other day, and I've heard some good things :)
Aeva
Pretzel
Pretzel

Post by Aeva »

Go for it. \:D/ Like Amy said, some of the material is mature, but it's totally worth it because it will blow your mind.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Indeed. It will make you amazed, make you laugh and break your heart all at the same time :-

Till the end of the line.
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

Or you could just read the books...
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

Not to disparage the work of the great Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, but the Sherlock series is an experience in and of itself. :-

In related news, I read the short story "A Study In Emerald" by Neil Gaiman for English class. It was trippy. (I highly recommend it to fans of Sherlock Holmes--perhaps you'll figure it out a lot more quickly than I did. XP )
Sherlock
Solicitor Non Grata

Post by Sherlock »

I just saw the "Sherlock" star pop up in an episode of MI-5 the other day. Granted, it may have pre-dated the "Sherlock" series, as I think the MI-5 series goes back to 1999 or so...

Still, it was pretty cool. \:D/
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Hadassah wrote:Or you could just read the books...
I have :) Almost all of them actually, and I really like them :yes: