Man of Steel (2013's Superman)

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Man of Steel (2013's Superman)

Post by American Eagle »

Man of Steel
Directed by Zack Snyder (300, Watchmen), produced by Christopher Nolan (Inception, The Dark Knight trilogy), starring Henry Cavill and Russell Crowe.

Teaser trailer is out today.

Looks like it's going to be the Superman version of Nolan's Batman movies. \:D/
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

PROMISING.

..but I'm seriously tired of superhero movies. :(
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

It looks like were finally going to have a good Superman film \:D/
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Yeah, the first couple Superman films from way back in 1977 and 1980 I think were good for their time, and you can appreciate them for that, but they obviously are dated now. 3 and 4 were kind of bad even back then. ;)

Superman Returns had some potential but a LOT of missteps were taken with that and its probably worse than the silliness of Superman 3 and 4.

This new one DOES have loads of potential to finally get it right.

Kneel before Zod! :x
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

Zod was a great villain wasn't he? \:D/
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

Nothing new under the sun...
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

New longer trailer, looks pretty good.
Metal15
Tallying up

Post by Metal15 »

It looks like it could be a pretty sweet movie.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

I think this movie is going to be awesome.
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
GlennAdams
Expecting a battle

Post by GlennAdams »

Okay, this movie looks awesome. I've practically memorized the newest trailer. I've always been such a Superman fan, spurred by watching Lois & Clark from the 90s and then watching all 10 seasons of Smallville. This should be a great direction for Superman.
I do what I do.
fodo14
Gold Member

Post by fodo14 »

Did anyone else pee there pants while watching this trailer. *Raises hands*..................no one ...really COME ON!
But anyways this flim looks amazing, but come on. Lets be serious for a second. The only reason where excited for this movie is cause Christopher Nolan's amazing name popped up on the trailer. ;) I mean AM I RIGHT !!!!
Anemone
Horse Crazy 14
Horse Crazy 14

Post by Anemone »

I am so EXCITED!!! This movie looks amazing! :D
ImageWeird is just a side effect of being awesome.Image
Song under my sig is 'Green Rain' by SHINee
Image Image Image Image Image Image
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

fodo14 wrote:Did anyone else pee there pants while watching this trailer. *Raises hands*..................no one ...really COME ON!
But anyways this flim looks amazing, but come on. Lets be serious for a second. The only reason where excited for this movie is cause Christopher Nolan's amazing name popped up on the trailer. ;) I mean AM I RIGHT !!!!
No.

Fortunately he didn't really do that much I don't think, it was mostly Snyder.
fodo14
Gold Member

Post by fodo14 »

The Top Crusader wrote:
fodo14 wrote:Did anyone else pee there pants while watching this trailer. *Raises hands*..................no one ...really COME ON!
No.

Fortunately he didn't really do that much I don't think, it was mostly Snyder.

Well I would think so he is the director. ;) Anyways I think Amy Adams is going to be an intrusting Lois Lane.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Yeah, she's a good actress. I know nothing of Cavill but I don't think anyone does. >_> He has... the jawline for the role, at least. >_>
fodo14
Gold Member

Post by fodo14 »

Yes she is, she seems fit for the role tho. Cavill has been in a couple of movies. Such as Immortals (2011), (Which was an Fail), and Stardust (2007), (which was kind of an fail as well). But I think he certainly looks the part, that's for sure. I think I will miss Brandon Routh tho, he was great in Superman Returns.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Look, fodo, you sound really silly when you say "an fail". Improper use of a vs. an is also a fail. O:)

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
fodo14
Gold Member

Post by fodo14 »

American Eagle wrote:Look, fodo, you sound really silly when you say "an fail". Improper use of a vs. an is also a fail. O:)
Well I'm sorry that I insulted you with my a and an's. :roll: . Just to tell you I'm gonna spell almost everything wrong. Just to save you from pointless correcting.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

fodo14 wrote:
American Eagle wrote:Look, fodo, you sound really silly when you say "an fail". Improper use of a vs. an is also a fail. O:)
Well I'm sorry that I insulted you with my a and an's. :roll: . Just to tell you I'm gonna spell almost everything wrong. Just to save you from pointless correcting.
Pro tip: if a word starts with a vowel (a, e, i, o, u), an goes before it; if a word begins with a consonant, put an a before it.

An apple
An elephant
An igloo
An ogre
An ugly ducking

A car
A house
A mother
A slice of pie
A zebra

There are a few exceptions, but this is a general rule. :) I'm just trying to help you survive in this cruel world, bro.

fodo14
Gold Member

Post by fodo14 »

American Eagle wrote:
fodo14 wrote:
Pro tip: if a word starts with a vowel (a, e, i, o, u), an goes before it; if a word begins with a consonant, put an a before it.

An apple
An elephant
An igloo
An ogre
An ugly ducking

A car
A house
A mother
A slice of pie
A zebra

There are a few exceptions, but this is a general rule. :) I'm just trying to help you survive in this cruel world, bro.
....well...thanks...for the tips...... :) I'll try to remember that.