Your top 5 favorite bands/artists of ALL TIME

Here's the place for discussing music, plays, YouTube videos, and any other media that doesn't quite fit in the other sections of Harlequin Theatre.
Trixie Belden
Honourary Narnian
Honourary Narnian

Post by Trixie Belden »

In ABSOLUTELY NO particular order:

1. Onerepublic
2. Owl City
3. Coldplay
4. The Piano Guys
5. Athlete
Aeva
Pretzel
Pretzel

Post by Aeva »

Taps, maybe you should amend the title to say "Your top 5 favorite bands/artists of ALL TIME (in no particular order)" lol.

Without further ado, here are my top five bands, in no particular order. \:D/

1) Skillet
2) RED
3) Thousand Foot Krutch
4) Disciple
5) Family Force 5

Honorable mentions: Abandon and Flyleaf
Last edited by Aeva on Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
But break my heart, for I must hold my tongue. --Hamlet.
StrongNChrist ~ Remembered Forever <3
Men who kill without reason cannot be reasoned with. --Stoic the Vast
Let's go down together for one more chance. The skeletons are screaming for one last dance. --Hawthorne Heights
Tell 'em turn it up 'til they can't no more. Let's get this thing shakin' like a disco ball. This is your last warning, a courtesy call. --TFK
You have nice manners for a thief and a liar. --Smaug
I know you mean well, but leave me be. Yes, I'm alone, but I'm alone and free. --Elsa
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

Aeva wrote:Taps, maybe you should amend the title to say "Your top 5 favorite bands/artists of ALL TIME (in no particular order)" lol.

Without further ado, here are my top five bands, in no particular order. \:D/

1) Skillet
2) RED
3) Thousand Foot Krutch
4) Disciple
5) Family Force 5

Maybe your right. This is just a guess but I'd say your really into Christian Rock ;)
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

*YOU'RE really into Christian rock, Taps :x

(Ah, such lovely memories on this site \:D/ )
Aeva wrote:1) Skillet
2) RED
3) Thousand Foot Krutch
4) Disciple
5) Family Force 5

This is officially an awesome list :inlove: Christain rock is just generally awesome \:D/ But I've never really been a Five Iron Frenzy fan....no particular reason, I've just always been interested in other bands.

Honestly, my heart is a little saddened to see that there are no other One Republic and Superchick fans around here :( I saw Shen list Superchick as a favorite band, but alas, no one else shared that lovely sentiment.
*insert provocative quote here*
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Musical Shutterbug wrote:*YOU'RE really into Christian rock, Taps :x

2) RED
3) Thousand Foot Krutch
4) Disciple
5) Family Force 5

This is officially an awesome list :inlove: Christain rock is just generally awesome \:D/ But I've never really been a Five Iron Frenzy fan....no particular reason, I've just always been interested in other bands.

Honestly, my heart is a little saddened to see that there are no other One Republic and Superchick fans around here :( I saw Shen list Superchick as a favorite band, but alas, no one else shared that lovely sentiment.
Aeva, I like your list too \:D/ I forgot about FF5.

Musical Shutterbug: *high fives another Superchick fan*
One Republic is great too :)

Till the end of the line.
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

2) RED
3) Thousand Foot Krutch
4) Disciple
5) Family Force 5

You mean Family Force 5?
Pirate Oriana
laugh with the wind
laugh with the wind

Post by Pirate Oriana »

I can't really decide how to order my top 5, but here they are.

1. Celtic Woman
2. JJ Heller
3. Owl City
4. Phil Wickham :inlove:
5. He's not technically an "artist," but my favorite musician is definitely my dad. \:D/
AMDG

I started a comic. \:D/ "And there's no one to stand around looking impressed"....seriously "what is the point of having you all." :x ;-)
NOW AT: https://www.facebook.com/randompiratecomic
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

Taps wrote:

2) RED
3) Thousand Foot Krutch
4) Disciple
5) Family Force 5

You mean Family Force 5?
I like OneRepublic. They're not Christian of course, but they are pretty good. Very very pop-oriented though. :p
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

1. DC Talk
2. Petra
3. Johnny Cash
4. Relient K
5. Myself singing random show tunes and hits from the 90's to annoy my wife.
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

ric wrote:I like OneRepublic. They're not Christian of course, but they are pretty good. Very very pop-oriented though. :p
Fun fact: the piano player from One Republic goes to a church right here in my city, apparently \:D/ My friend (who attends that church) has yet to bring me his autograph.
Taps wrote:You mean Family Force 5?
O:) Yes.
*insert provocative quote here*
Aeva
Pretzel
Pretzel

Post by Aeva »

Oh yes, I am really into Christian rock. \:D/ (I was raised on the CCM stuff, and, while I believe that kind of music has its proper place, I can't listen to it anymore lol. It's too... tame.)
But break my heart, for I must hold my tongue. --Hamlet.
StrongNChrist ~ Remembered Forever <3
Men who kill without reason cannot be reasoned with. --Stoic the Vast
Let's go down together for one more chance. The skeletons are screaming for one last dance. --Hawthorne Heights
Tell 'em turn it up 'til they can't no more. Let's get this thing shakin' like a disco ball. This is your last warning, a courtesy call. --TFK
You have nice manners for a thief and a liar. --Smaug
I know you mean well, but leave me be. Yes, I'm alone, but I'm alone and free. --Elsa
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

Musical Shutterbug wrote:
ric wrote:I like OneRepublic. They're not Christian of course, but they are pretty good. Very very pop-oriented though. :p
Fun fact: the piano player from One Republic goes to a church right here in my city, apparently \:D/ My friend (who attends that church) has yet to bring me his autograph.
Wow, that's cool. Ya, I think a few of the members are Christians, which is pretty awesome.

Since we're talking about people in bands we know, the leader singer of Dispatch (Braddigan) used to go to my church. \:D/ If you don't know Dispatch, look up "The General" on youtube.
Baragon
Party Pooper

Post by Baragon »

I mostly just listen to Michael Buble.

(My parents are good friends with Jeremy Camp's parents. And, I've been to the coffee house that Jeremy's siblings own... that's the only bragging right I have for famous people.)
Dr. Watson wrote:The main reason for the Civil War was so that rednecks can drive around with Confederate flags in their pickup trucks.
Wooton Z. Bassett
OK

Post by Wooton Z. Bassett »

Mine are all Christian artists.

1. Shai Linne
2. Lecrae
3. tobyMac
I can't decide on my last 2
I'm on the Soda Shop and Campbell County Message Boards.

Check out unofficialaioblog.blogspot.com/

Cbriggs45
Pilgrim

Post by Cbriggs45 »

forgive my list of it age. and a lot of people may have to google a lot of these. but.

1. Louis armstong

2. benny goodman

2. fletcher henderson

3. B.B king.

4. Jelly roll morton.

they all had bands behind them, and a lot of them all switched them up through out their years of travel. i love the old classic jazz and blues. i dont listen to much made before 1960.
you can learn a lot from job 38-42, being humble isn't the easiest but its worth it.
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

1. Fireflight

Because metal. I love Dawn Michele's voice; in some respects, she could give Idina Menzel a run for her money. As a matter of fact, "Unbreakable" taught me how to belt in the first place.

2. Nicholas Hooper

For those rubes who aren't in the know (shame on you :noway: ), he's the guy behind two HP soundtracks--Order of the Phoenix and Half-Blood Prince. As a matter of fact, "Fireworks" was what got me into HP soundtrack music in the first place.

3. John Williams

Yeah, yeah, yeah, Imperial March, blah, blah, blah. I like John Williams because he gave us the greatest movie theme known to mankind:

//drumroll

Hedwig's Theme.

4. The Track Team

These are the guys behind the Avatar: The Last Airbender and The Legend of Korra music, and it's incredibly fun to listen to those tracks. "Invading the Palace", "The Final Agni Kai", "Aang's Wisdom" (from LoK, alternatively "The Avatar State"), and "The Final Blow" are some of my personal favorites. They don't get old.

5. The artists behind the MLP:FiM soundtracks

Because candy-colored ponies who can sing without making you cringe are awesome. I also like some of the fan-remixes, although the dubstep gets really annoying.
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Fireflight:

Metal:

^^That's not even as heavy sounding as it could be.

Sorry, but the difference is a major pet peeve of mine. ;)

I do like Fireflight though... got to see them at Winterjam the other year. \:D/
Last edited by Termite on Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
CreativeThinker101
Fourscore and seven

Post by CreativeThinker101 »

1. Queen
2. Coldplay
3. Death Cab For Cutie
4. OneRepublic
5. Chris Tomlin

(Owl City is at #10 or so. ;)
Signed,
CreativeThinker101
And Check out my AIO website! Here's a link: http://www.justanotheraioblog.blogspot.com/ Please comment on it! Because if you don't, I'm gonna call the exterminator!
THANK YOU
(P.S. What an interesting and fun website.)
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

CreativeThinker101 wrote:1. Queen
2. Coldplay
3. Death Cab For Cutie
4. OneRepublic
5. Chris Tomlin

(Owl City is at #10 or so. ;)
2 and 3... :drool:
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

Termite wrote:Fireflight:
Metal:
^^That's not even as heavy sounding as it could be.

Sorry, but the difference is a major pet peeve of mine. ;)

I do like Fireflight though... got to see them at Winterjam the other year. \:D/
So... you only think modern heavy metal is actually heavy metal? Not the original heavy metal? :-s
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.