Revolution

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Man, it is really too bad Miles and Neville can never team up on anything. Even now that they’re both on the same side of wanting to fix the Republic, they’re on opposing sides of how to handle the power, so they have to end up killing everyone that would have helped turn against Monroe.

I’ve been figuring Nora would be killed off for a few episodes, so it didn’t come as a surprise. I had déjà vu over the circumstances though. Didn’t this same sequence of events go down several episodes ago? Where they had some kind of operation planned and things didn’t go right and Nora ended up getting shot or stabbed or something?

Oh my word, I knew the mom was 100% incompetent and nothing she ever did on her own would possibly succeed, but I didn’t know she was such an utterly complete failure that her mere involvement would jinx an undertaking. She finally got what she wanted, the power was on for everyone; this was it, it was over, good had won! Except that this allows for the underlying plan that had been going on all along of launching nukes everywhere. Well done, you are a hero.

And that’s where they decide to end the season? Really? The revelation that the U.S. isn’t dead and they’ve been waiting all this time for Randal to pull this off? Now that the Monroe Republic and Georgia will be destroyed they can reunite the country? Okay, just a few problems with that. Monroe isn’t in Philly right now, he’s right there in Colorado. And even if he was back there and got hit, he’s not in charge anymore Neville is taking over.

This is just going to be a huge mess when next season starts. You’ve got some guy popping out of nowhere going ‘Guess what, I’m the President and I’m in charge of everything again now.’ while Neville is going to announce himself as the new General of the Republic, meanwhile Monroe is still alive so he’ll be fighting to keep the Militia loyal to him, while Georgia is mounting a full force assault on Philadelphia because they think Monroe is still there, and the other tribes and territories aren’t going to submit to any of it because they’re independent from the Republic and from Georgia and certainly aren’t going to turn over to a stranger claiming to be the returning President.
So we get the power back just in time for a civil war over the Republic’s territory coinciding with an all out Georgian invasion bent on assimilation, setting the stage for a reunification attempt of everyone back into the United States. Yay.

So now that the first season is over, I have to say that it still, to this very episode never succeeded in pulling me in for the long run. It was always only for ‘one more episode’ just to see what happened. I didn’t get involved in the story, I didn’t connect with the characters, I was just mildly curious how things would turn out. And it’s the same with the finale. The mess that is undoubtedly going to unfold in season two makes me curious enough to check out the premiere, but not really intrigued any more than that.
I hope they’re able to find and fix whatever it is that is holding the show back, now that they’re mixing everything up and have the ability to go whatever direction they want, because I really do hope that the next season I actually like instead of just watch.
BlessedCheesemaker
I'm a teapot
Post by BlessedCheesemaker »

Honestly, I agree with your final conclusion, the only reason I kept watching was to find out what kept the power off and what the Tower was. I didn't really connect to any of the characters (or even like any of them that much) and there were too many lapses in logic of how things actually work for any of it to really make sense. The prime example being why would the power companies continue to have the power plants running after fifteen years to allow all the lights to come on in the last episode? Do people really think that the power just magically appears through the wires?
Awesome signiture and avatar by snubs
Check out my shop on Crestwood Avenue! Want to know more about me? Ask me a question!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Alright, got a late start on season two but I'm ready now.
A reminder, these posts are written up as the episode progresses, so if I question something that later gets explained that's why.

What is going on here? They didn't stop the nukes, but they did flip the power back off? If it didn't help why didn't they turn it back on again? And then Charlie just goes off? And Neville doesn't take over the Militia after all? Why doesn't Monroe go back then?

Okay, wait a second. The United States wanted Randal to launch the nukes so they could say the Republic and Georgia did it and they could step in? I guess that makes sense, but I thought it was just to clear the war out of the way so they could come back, not a ruse to actually give them an excuse to. Interesting.

And they seriously just killed Aaron off? That was not a good move. You can't get rid of the only character people can partially relate to in the first episode of a season where nothing has been established yet.

So Neville is going to go up against the U.S. now? That's an interesting reaction. Or maybe not, because of his wife.

Oh my gosh, I knew something was going to bring Aaron back to life. The nanites I assume. But why even bother? This must play into whatever the new season's storyline is going to be about. At least I hope it does, otherwise it was just cheap unnecessary intrigue.

So, the first episode was pretty meh. I expected it to be slow because it had to set up the new setting, but even so it was quite a letdown. Lots of setup, if you want to call it that, but no progression. We're just given how things are and none of why they got that way. We know the mom apparently went crazy after the Tower but other than that we've got nothing. Something strange is happening with animals I guess from that cryptic conversation but not even a hint as to what or why he said that, no clue why the power is off again, and no real reasons for the characters having these new lives they suddenly do.
BlessedCheesemaker
I'm a teapot

bookworm wrote:So, the first episode was pretty meh. I expected it to be slow because it had to set up the new setting, but even so it was quite a letdown. Lots of setup, if you want to call it that, but no progression. We're just given how things are and none of why they got that way. We know the mom apparently went crazy after the Tower but other than that we've got nothing. Something strange is happening with animals I guess from that cryptic conversation but not even a hint as to what or why he said that, no clue why the power is off again, and no real reasons for the characters having these new lives they suddenly do.
Okay, bookworm asked me to post about this show, since I've been keeping up with it as well. I've already seen the first two episodes this season, but not the third, so I'll try to remember my reactions to just this first episode.

I was kind of upset too, that they skipped everyone ahead five months or whatever, without any real explanation of what happened in between. I know it's normal to try to skip ahead so that the show can follow the same seasons as the rest of us as we watch it, but usually shows try to explain what has happened in between.

Rachel went crazy due to the events in the Tower. Then as soon as she's (somewhat) back to normal, she starts driving everyone away from her. First Charlie and now Miles.

And what was with Miles and the exploding shed? And the mark on his hand? I guess there will be some deal with it later?

I had pretty much the same reaction to Aaron's death as bookworm. Honestly, when I watched that scene I said if they leave him dead, I'm done watching the show. He is the only character I actually liked.

Interesting that the leader of the Monroe Militia has burned the symbol off of his wrist, while Charlie (and Miles) still kept theirs.

The episode did leave me wanting to find out what and why about Aaron. I just want to point out that we did see him having one of the pendants in this episode. There does seem to be more strange things coming up in episode two. The broad story is interesting to me, I just wish I didn't have to go through all the violence and other inappropriate content (the opening with Charlie, for example) to follow the story.
Check out my shop on Crestwood Avenue! Want to know more about me? Ask me a question!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

BlessedCheesemaker wrote:And what was with Miles and the exploding shed? And the mark on his hand? I guess there will be some deal with it later?
I completely forgot about that! There’s another thing we’re given no explanation of then.

Episode two thoughts:

Ah, Neville at his finest. Double cross (and kill) his own guy to get in better with the U.S. so he can better double cross them. Reminiscent of how he killed that one guy that was going to support him taking over the Republic in order to get firmer support from the rest of his people, isn't it.

Oh good, Aaron is having hallucinations now. That will add to the intrigue of whatever in the world is going on there. >_>

Hmm, so they didn't turn the power back off, it went out again on its own.

Alright, what is going on here? The clan is working for the U.S. like the bounty hunters? They definitely have some kind of devious master plan unfolding.

So we're two episodes in and there's still no presentation of what the storyline is, there's just a bunch of little things happening all around. Neville is looking into the U.S., Charlie is looking into Monroe, Miles is captured for some reason, and weird stuff is happening to Aaron.
Is that how it's supposed to be? Maybe there isn't an underlying story we follow this season, we're supposed to just watch as things happen without knowing how or if it fits into a big picture.
BlessedCheesemaker
I'm a teapot

bookworm wrote:
BlessedCheesemaker wrote:And what was with Miles and the exploding shed? And the mark on his hand? I guess there will be some deal with it later?
I completely forgot about that! There’s another thing we’re given no explanation of then.
I guess they are trying to set up some things to be important later in the season *shrug*
bookworm wrote:Ah, Neville at his finest. Double cross (and kill) his own guy to get in better with the U.S. so he can better double cross them. Reminiscent of how he killed that one guy that was going to support him taking over the Republic in order to get firmer support from the rest of his people, isn't it.
I was actually slightly surprised when this happened. I thought they were working with the guy to bring down the U.S. lady, which I didn't think would really help them much. Then Neville shot the guy. Oh, I guess that might work. At least they will be on her good side.
bookworm wrote:Oh good, Aaron is having hallucinations now. That will add to the intrigue of whatever in the world is going on there. >_>
except that maybe they are more than hallucinations. remember his first was of the dead rat (I think) and then they saw all those dead rats outside the town. I've heard some theories that the nanites had to kill the rats to bring Aaron back to life. Some other interesting theories are that the nanites have become self-aware and are trying to speak to Aaron through Ben's "ghost."
bookworm wrote:Hmm, so they didn't turn the power back off, it went out again on its own.
Again, some are saying that the nanites turned the power back off on their own.
bookworm wrote:Alright, what is going on here? The clan is working for the U.S. like the bounty hunters? They definitely have some kind of devious master plan unfolding.
All I will say is that we only ever saw the one guy with the beard writing the letter. Interesting that they are using Arabic as their language of choice.
bookworm wrote:So we're two episodes in and there's still no presentation of what the storyline is, there's just a bunch of little things happening all around. Neville is looking into the U.S., Charlie is looking into Monroe, Miles is captured for some reason, and weird stuff is happening to Aaron.
Is that how it's supposed to be? Maybe there isn't an underlying story we follow this season, we're supposed to just watch as things happen without knowing how or if it fits into a big picture.
I think the main storyline for now will be involving the "U.S. government" while the end story (like the nanites and tower last season) will be what is happening to Aaron.

Episode 3: "Love Story"
So Titus (the creepy war clan leader) is capturing people and transferring the blood of those with the right type into his sick wife. Isn't love a beautiful thing? So they hook Miles up to her and everyone leaves, conveniently allowing Rachel and her dad to sneak in through a tunnel in the floor and save Miles. Of course Miles insists on going to save the other lady, but Rachel takes too long to open the lock and the Titus and his men attack. You know I think Miles opened the locks a lot faster in episode 2 with a piece of wire than with the actual key. >.> I can't remember, did they save the lady then or not?

Meanwhile, Aaron is revealing the whole nanite story to Cynthia. I hope she is trustworthy...

Neville and Jason are adopted into the U.S. government... or are they? Apparently they know Neville is using a false name, but are willing to work with him so they can use his "special skills." I'm just worried what plan the Secretary has for Jason.

I don't know about you, but I had a very strong prequels Star Wars vibe from what the U.S. government was doing with Titus. They use him to scare the whole town, and then came in at the last second to rescue everyone from the trouble that they caused.

So Monroe finds some wanted posters with his and Rachel's name on them, knocks out the bounty hunter and tells Charlie he is going with her to save Rachel. Hmmm... will he end up being on the good side after all? And what was with the whole story that the bounty hunter told Charlie about his dad and then said he made up? I heard a theory that said the bounty hunter is actually Monroe's son. Which might explain why he doesn't want Charlie to kill Monroe. But why is he taking Monroe to the U.S. government then?

At least this episode we are beginning to see how all the story lines are connected with the U.S. government having its hands in all of them. I was hoping for some more about Aaron and the rats, but I guess not.

I haven't watched the fourth episode yet.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Okay now we know why the clan is taking people, but what does it have to do with the U.S.?

I can't believe it, for the very first time in her life the mom actually succeeded at something. What's going on?
(A minute later:)
Ah, there we go. Yes she got Miles out, but it made the entire clan come after the town.

It seems the clan is always taking people from wherever they are, to keep his wife alive, and right now the U.S. hired him to put pressure on this town, so the two goals just overlapped. That makes sense, but it doesn't explain why the U.S. targeted this specific town.

Neville was found out, I wonder how he'll get out of this.

Oh my gosh, the mom's stupidity is contagious. I know the lady didn't want to go back, but she seriously thought it was the best solution to kill herself and doom the entire town? She couldn't let them think of another way out?

The U.S. is after the mom too? What do they have going on here? I wonder if Monroe and Charlie are going to team up now.

Wow, Neville is even going to use this to get in better with the U.S. Truth or lies, it's all in the plan.

The mom is just too much! ‘I'm not going, we stay and fight!’ Yeah! Two against fifty plus, good plan! That's the kind of smart thinking that kept you alive through last season. Or did it almost get you and everyone with you killed multiple times? My memory is a little fuzzy.

Ha ha! When the mom got hit by the arrow and it was supposed to be all dramatic and like ‘Oh my gosh is another main character going to die?’ instead what immediately came to my mind was the line “Shot through the heart, and you're to blame.” :lol: (Bon Jovi reference. Fits perfectly.)

BlessedCheesemaker wrote:They use him to scare the whole town, and then came in at the last second to rescue everyone from the trouble that they caused.
Ah, good thinking. That does make some sense, but not completely. It would make that town more trusting of the U.S. but again, why is that one town so important in the long run?
BlessedCheesemaker
I'm a teapot

bookworm wrote:
BlessedCheesemaker wrote:They use him to scare the whole town, and then came in at the last second to rescue everyone from the trouble that they caused.
Ah, good thinking. That does make some sense, but not completely. It would make that town more trusting of the U.S. but again, why is that one town so important in the long run?
Because Rachel, Aaron and Miles are living there ;)

Sad to say, my schedule this past few weeks has not been open enough for me to watch any further in the season. Now I'm two episodes behind on this :/
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I can't take it. How many times do I have to go ‘Did the mom seriously just do that?’ Miles just said he'll go see what's going on, so she thinks it's a good idea to break into the government building where she knows there's at least one guy waiting, and do what exactly? Bumble around and hope to fall onto the truth? If there's even any information in there, which is doubtful because their master plan is obviously so secret, it's going to be locked away out of reach, again because it's so secret. The only thing this will accomplish is getting captured, making them realize you know something is up, leading to a closer watch on all of you, preventing any future possibility of learning anything.
(A few seconds later:)
Okay, fine, so for some unexplainable reason the secret files weren't locked up. That doesn't make her idea smart though, she'll still surely be caught.
(A few seconds later:)
See.

Yeah, go dad! She's needed that lecture from her first episode.

It seems what's happening to Aaron, at least part of it, is he's somehow connected with the nanites. The vision of Miles wasn't a hallucination, he was seeing him through them in real time. I don't get the Ben one though, that was a hallucination.
And apparently the affected nanites light up when accessed; does that mean that night Aaron saw all those lit ones someone was watching him?

Is it really wise to let other people in on what they know? Since the mom did it, probably not.
(A minute later:)
See.
Seriously, she has to realize at some point that every single thing she does goes wrong. She needs to wise up and start doing the opposite of whatever her first thought is.

Seven years? Doesn't that mean this plot was hatched after the blackout? How is that possible? Or maybe he was just involved for seven years, the whole thing was going on for longer.

Why is he going to kill her, I thought the U.S. wanted her alive? And for that matter, if he's going to kill her, why did he wait for her to wake up?

I do not believe it. The mom got out of a mess all by herself. That doesn't count as doing something right though, which would be a first, because she shouldn't have been in the mess to begin with.

So the U.S. has actually captured all the clan people, but they're releasing and killing them a few at a time to take into town as 'proof' they're still out there so everyone stays inside. There's something outside the city they want to keep people away from, but what?

We're finally figuring out what the season is about. The story seems to be ‘What is the U.S. planning?’ We're following along as they try to piece together the truth from different areas. Miles and Rachel from the soldiers moving into various cities, Monroe and Charlie from why they have bounties on people, and Neville and Nate from the inside.
BlessedCheesemaker
I'm a teapot

I guess we could partially excuse Rachel for being out of it based on recovering from the arrow wound or drinking copious amounts of alcohol in this episode, but yeah, not very wise choices on her part.

So somehow Aaron has connected telepathically with the nanites and is able to see through the eyes of the fireflies for some odd reason. The nanites are everywhere, so why the fireflies? Interesting theory about someone else spying on him though.

Just because he was recruited seven years ago, doesn't mean that the patriots weren't planning this before he was recruited. Honestly I thought there was something odd with him from the beginning.

I totally think that the head patriot in Willoughby knows who that "Stu" is Miles. I don't know how Miles recognized the other guy who was undercover with a beard as part of the war clan, I could barely tell it was the same person without the beard.

As far as Charlie and Monroe goes, I'm hoping he is really trying to redeem himself, but I guess we'll see. Why would Charlie go into an all male bar anyway though? Taking after her mother I guess.

Neville doesn't know what happened to Nate, but he's continuing with his plan to get to the top of the patriots and take out whoever is responsible for killing his wife.
Tea Ess
Animatronic

Post by Tea Ess »

I wanted to thank bookworm and Blessed Cheesemaker for all their episode summaries. They've been a source of amusement for several months on and off now, although I know virtually nothing else about Revolution. Bookworm, you can have a very humorous way of communicating when you want to. ;)
"And the fire with all the strength it hath."
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

T.S. (myself) wrote:Bookworm, you can have a very humorous way of communicating when you want to. ;)
Thanks, but if you’re referring to my constant annoyance with the mom I’m afraid no humor is intended in my remarks, they are honest incredulity at her ridiculously thorough ineptitude.
BlessedCheesemaker
I'm a teapot

Okay, I've watched both of the next two episodes, so I may have unintentional spoilers.

One Riot, One Ranger
The Rangers have arrived. Now all Miles needs to do is start a war between the Patriots and them. Except that he and the head Ranger have a history... is there anyone that Miles doesn't have a history with? Anyway, he agrees to tell his boss not to trust the patriots if Miles can show him proof that they are not who they say they are.

Charlie sneaks into town, but has to convince Miles that Monroe is there to help. Honestly at this point I was still unsure whether to trust Monroe or not. He did save Charlie and he seems willing to help, but he's still brutal in his methods.

Aaron is worried that he cause the immolation of the patriots last week. Interesting that this was not the first incident where this occurred. I'll admit, the teeth bit with Cynthia did make me laugh, for like the first time that I can remember on the show. I wish we got more of Aaron each week.

Neville meanwhile is asked to join the Secretary lady on her trip to D.C. only it turns out to be an ambush. Only she and Neville manage to escape, though she is wounded by a bullet. She tells him about the reprogramming camps and when he threatens to leave her, she reveals that Jason was sent to one of the camps.

Miles and Monroe have agreed to work together and they manage to capture the guy who was working undercover with the Titus group. They take him back to the meeting place. Aaron has a vision of this while Rachel tries to convince him not to leave town. (Does Aaron have a complex for abandoning the woman he loves or what?) So Rachel shows up and tries to kill Monroe. Miles steps in and chases everyone out of sight just in time for the Ranger to show up. But... when they go to check the patriot, he's used a poisoned tooth to commit suicide. There goes Miles' proof.

BANG! Monroe kills the ranger :shock: He says, now all we have to do is blame the ranger's death on the patriots and the war will begin.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

The Miles/Monroe reunion went way better than I expected. I'm glad Monroe has had a conversion. Not entirely, I mean he's not helping out of the goodness of his heart, but it's better than nothing. I always thought he was capable of coming around. He's not truly evil, things just got out of control with the Republic. I hope this alliance works out.

I get Aaron's dilemma, but how does he think leaving is going to change anything? He doesn't have to be present to do stuff, that's the point of the nanite network, to do things remotely.
Also, that first incident happened before he 'came back' from the dead. I was under the impression that was what triggered his connection, but apparently not.

Come on, they have to complicate the story by saying not all the Americans are bad after all? The lady we thought was behind everything actually has morals?
And of course that means Neville needs to move on. He could try to use her in his schemes now that he knows she has doubts herself, but no he wants to stay on the fast track to the inner circle.
But she pulls him back by offering to get him to his son. Convenient.

NOOOO!
(My reaction to the mom coming through the door of that shack.)
Get her out of here now! Her presence will doom the plan to get Texas in on things! They were finally making progress in a viable way to counter the Patriots and now it's going to fall apart!
(Then she pulls a gun:)
Oh my gosh, and I didn't even consider that of course she'll also want to kill Monroe! This is a disaster!

Mom to Charlie: “Are you really that stupid?”
I wanted to strangle her through the screen. There is so much fail in that line it's not even funny.

Argh! See?! That guy didn't have a cyanide tooth, it magically appeared in his mouth when the mom showed up! She is a curse of failure! :x

I saw that shot coming. Well, not really. The shot itself came as a surprise, but before Miles had even reacted I figured out the purpose. Plan A failed, but the Rangers leaving without proof was out of the question so they had to manufacture some.

-- 05 Nov 2013 03:06 pm --
BlessedCheesemaker wrote:Does Aaron have a complex for abandoning the woman he loves or what?
More like a flawed sense of perspective. Though his heart is in the right place.
He didn’t want to leave his wife, he felt he had to because he couldn’t protect her.
He didn’t want to leave the town, he felt he had to because he might accidentally hurt someone.
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

*posts for bookworm*
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Really, Nate fell to the brainwashing? I find that very unlikely. But of course it would be too easy if they could just run in and grab him.

What? How did Texas go in with the Patriots here?

You have got to be kidding me! I cannot take this anymore! The mom knows full well Monroe is more important to them now than ever, so she informs the Patriots he might be sprung ensuring he'll stand trial and be executed.
The only positive out of that is that now everyone realizes what we've known all along: She is a complete moron who is incapable of any reasoning skills whatsoever and will ruin anything she is even remotely involved in. Never let her do or know anything ever again!
Charlie gave her a great piece, but of course it went in one ear and right out the other, just like the one from her dad.

Miles knew about Monroe's son. A twist on a twist.

Wait, why is the mom's dad doing the injection? I mean, probably because he's the doctor, but they should have an impartial party. That gives me a crazy thought. What if this whole thing was staged from the beginning? The mom had him moved to make sure he was injected, because that was the only way to get him out. They switch the poison with something that puts him in a deathlike coma or something. Part of me wants that to be what's happening, because I don't want Monroe to die, but the rest of me knows that's impossible because it would mean the mom not only did the right thing, but it was a thing that was extremely clever. There's no way. Unless... the dad is the one that thought this up, and he was using the mom to get it done, but she doesn't know what's going on. That could be it! Please be it.

Wow, so Miles was actually the one that first set Monroe off. At least partially.

What? >_> The dad is a Patriot? <_< That's really where they want to go? >_>
I'm starting to think this show has no real, decent story to tell, they're just thinking up the deepest craziest twists they can throw in and then do it, just for shock and intrigue.
And that also means Monroe is really dead, which really stinks. This was such a dumb way to kill him off after everything that's happened. If they were bent on killing him there were plenty of other times and ways to make his death affect something. This doesn't do anything. There's no point, it's not a device for anything, it doesn't move anything, he's just gone now.

Oh no. Why is the mom digging him up? There's only one possible reason for that; she knows he's still alive. And with the dad now a bad guy, that means the only way for that to be the case is that my original idea was actually correct and she outsmarted everyone. But that's impossible.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Bookworm... why on earth are you still watching this? :P
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Why would I not be? I’m not in the habit of dropping things I start. There is just enough intrigue in the series to desire to see how it plays out.

-- 25 Nov 2013 10:28 am --

Unbelievable. The mom did it. However, she didn't suddenly become competent on her own, it was the result of the scolding by Charlie. That finally jarred her eyes open, hopefully for good. So this is more acceptable than if out of the blue she managed to personally do not only something right, but the biggest thing she's tried on the show.

Oh for goodness sake! Is the dad really shocked by this? He knew what the Patriots were about!

Now the city can be completely closed off. Again, there's something out there they want. But again, what?

Apparently the dad was pulled into this by playing on his position as a doctor. Buying him with desperately needed medicine. I can't decide if that's a decent or dumb explanation. Because it makes it something like 'he didn't have a choice' or 'he's not really bad then' but that doesn't hold with how he's gotten so deep into it that he sold out his own daughter.

Wow, that was a fast turnaround. End of last episode: Dad is in with the Patriots and leads them to Monroe. Middle of this episode: Dad now realizes the Patriots are bad guys (despite watching (and helping) them do horrific acts for years) and wants to help them get Aaron to safety.

Wow, that was an even faster turnaround. >_> Seriously dad, pick a side.

I just remembered that the deal with the shed Miles randomly burned down way back in the first episode still hasn't been explained, so clearly it isn't going to be. We must have missed something, they wouldn't have thrown it in and then done absolutely nothing with it.
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

*posts for bookworm*
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Heh, Neville is going to use her waning patriotism in his scheme after all. Just not the way I thought he might. I thought maybe he'd recruit her, but instead he's going to turn her in. Get in better with her husband, keep climbing the ladder.

Why exactly didn't Miles follow through on the plan? I must have missed something. They were ready and able to get Aaron and Monroe out of there, and then just never showed up so Aaron was recaptured.

Okay, the dad's motivations are clear. He's not really bad, he's just in a really tough situation. But I don't get Horn. I thought the flashbacks were supposed to give some insight on him now. We know his mom died because his dad was a faith healer and refused her medicine, but that doesn't shed any light on why he's become who he is. In a way I'm kind of glad of that, I would have been somewhat annoyed if it turned out he had 'good' motivation too, because that would be too much. 'Everyone has some reason for what they're doing, even the new main bad guy isn't really 'bad' actually.' He does have an understandable motivation, he wants to figure out how to use the nanites because he's dying, but that doesn't excuse his actions. He's still a bad guy. But with that being the case, why did they put the flashbacks in there at all? This show hasn't used flashbacks before just to provide random backstory, it was always to flesh out a part of the character that came into play in the episode.

Also, in their desire to create a dramatic and suspenseful closing moment, they contradicted themselves. Every other one of Aaron's nanite activations was done as a prevention, not a reaction. They were all just in time. This one was just too late. She was stabbed, and then the fire flew up. You might be able to argue the drugs had slowed his reflexes, but still it's pretty questionable.