Nicolas Cage to Star in 'Left Behind' Remake

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!

QUICK, react.

Awww yeah
17%
Blech, ick, yuk
17%
hmmmm
67%

Total votes: 12

American Eagle
Chief of Police
Nicolas Cage to Star in 'Left Behind' Remake

Post by American Eagle »

Just throwing this out there. \:D/

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=96174
Nicolas Cage is in negotiations to play Rayford in Left Behind, a 'mainstream' remake of the Christian-themed movie franchise, reports Variety. The project comes from Stoney Lake Entertainment, the new production company led by Paul Lalonde of Cloud Ten Pictures.

The franchise is based on the series of books written by Tim LaHaye and Jerry Jenkins that have sold more than 65 million copies worldwide. Kirk Cameron starred in the original trilogy of which the first film hit theaters in 2001.

According to the trade, Lalonde will produce the action thriller with Michael Walker, and co-write the script with John Patus, who wrote 2005's Left Behind: World at War.

The new movie is budgeted at around $15 million. Filming is expected to start in early spring for a fourth quarter 2013 release by Samuel Goldwyn Films.

Left Behind will follow a group of survivors during the first few hours after the Rapture.
Poster:
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

I saw this earlier today, thought it was a joke. ;)
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Interesting.
Last edited by Laurie on Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Is this a joke?
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I was thinking, "Well, I'm not the biggest fan of the Left Behind series but if Cage and a real studio and production team is behind this, it could be cool." Then I saw it was just the same people who made it before, making it again.

So... meh. Cage is cool though so I'd probably watch it... although he's been in plenty of awful movies.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Hmm...I not sure this will turn out well, being made by the same people again. I don't know if I can picture Nicholas Cage in this, but hey, we'll see.

I may stick with the cheap, low budget original \:D/

Till the end of the line.
Sparrow
Processing

Post by Sparrow »

I was looking for the "What have we ever done to deserve this" option for the poll, but I couldn't find it. :(
Joy
Lucid and deductive

Post by Joy »

It sounds.....I don't know what to say. Are they pranking people?
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Hmm. Interesting, possibly? =P
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

Sparrow wrote:I was looking for the "What have we ever done to deserve this" option for the poll, but I couldn't find it. :(
This is why we need a like button. :(
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

Ginny Weasley wrote:
Sparrow wrote:I was looking for the "What have we ever done to deserve this" option for the poll, but I couldn't find it. :(
This is why we need a like button. :(
To go off topic where is the like button? I thought we were supposed to have it by now..

On topic- I really don't think any of these movies ever needed to be made- and Nicholas Cage seems very desperate to me ;)
Peachey Keen
Smile for the camera
Post by Peachey Keen »

I think it's cool that such a big star as Cage is interested in being in a Christian movie! But I've never liked LB and never saw the originals and I doubt I'll see this one.
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

What the.
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Peachey Keen wrote:I think it's cool that such a big star as Cage is interested in being in a Christian movie!
More like, he's interested in anything that gets him an instant paycheck, regardless of what it may be. ;)
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

I hear that Ashley Tisdale is in talks to potray Chloe \:D/ If this film is ever actually made it will be most interesting...
Cbriggs45
Pilgrim

Post by Cbriggs45 »

left behind.. they should do the kids version leave the adult one alone.. but thats my opinion of the books as well.

the whole rapture theme is old to me.. i went through the early 90's craze of the rapture that just killed all things rapture. i live for God but rapture themed things lose my attention quickly.
you can learn a lot from job 38-42, being humble isn't the easiest but its worth it.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

First poster released. \:D/
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Here we go. Seriously, Ashley Tisdale? Chad Michael Murry? Oh boy....I'm really not sure how this is a good thing.

Till the end of the line.
Christian A.
Animatronic

Post by Christian A. »

Pastor Tim LaHaye said that he hated the script. :( He said it was somewhat intriguing, but that it totally changed the story and basically only kept the characters and some of the settings. I can't say I'm looking forward to it. Especially with Ashley Tisdale now in the mix. :roll:
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Disney actors for the win, yo.
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer