Star Wars 7 - Warning - SPOILERS inside!

coming soon

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

Episode VII: Rise of the Ewoks
Episode VIII: Death Star Number Three: Here We Go Again
Episode IX: Journey to the Center of The Sarlaac
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

"Rise of the Ewoks" would be hilarious \:D/ I would watch any movie that included little fluffy creatures :inlove:
*insert provocative quote here*
Joy
Lucid and deductive

Post by Joy »

Musical Shutterbug wrote:"Rise of the Ewoks" would be hilarious \:D/ I would watch any movie that included little fluffy creatures :inlove:
I know. I love ewoks. I would pet it , and hug it, and call it Steve.
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

Blessed Cheesemaker wrote:BlimeyCow Special Wednesday Episode:
My thoughts exactly...my initial thought was NO, Disney will ruin them! Second thought was "oh wait, Lucas already did." As much as I always wanted a continuation from the originals, I now dread it. Even though it won't be Lucas in charge to ruin them...it's Disney. NOT a company I trust for many epic movies. Good movies, yes, but epic movies...I'm very wary. Not to mention I really can't imagine ANYONE else as Luke, Leia, or Han Solo...the thought is just not right. The only person I can say I would really trust to make a good movie out of Star Wars now is Peter Jackson.

This whole thing also brings up some concern for Lucas' other big movies that I love...being Indiana Jones. What if Disney tries to do something with those and replaces Harrison Ford?! :-O Granted, Lucas did a terrible job with the ending of the last one (I just watch it and kind of fast forward through the whole "inter-dimensional beings" segment), but still, I want to preserve good memories of them and not have anything cheesy come out.
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

George Lucas will be the consultant for these, so he will still have input. And if the reports are true, the scripts are his, he just never got them on screen.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

SoccerLOTR wrote: The only person I can say I would really trust to make a good movie out of Star Wars now is Peter Jackson.
Sure, Peter Jackson did a good job with Brain Dead but he has been a terrible director since. King Kong was decent only because it followed the origial movie and had a man with a giant nose in it. Keep him away from Star Wars, though.
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

The Top Crusader wrote:
SoccerLOTR wrote: The only person I can say I would really trust to make a good movie out of Star Wars now is Peter Jackson.
Sure, Peter Jackson did a good job with Brain Dead but he has been a terrible director since. King Kong was decent only because it followed the origial movie and had a man with a giant nose in it. Keep him away from Star Wars, though.
Well, it depends on whether or not you're a LotR hater \:D/ I've known quite a few people who think PJ completely ruined the films....others like to gush over his skills as a directer (based on that series) :shrugs:
*insert provocative quote here*
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Peter Jackson ruined LOTR by leaving out Tom Bombadil! :x
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

But yeah its probably going to be Matthew Vaughn or Jon Favreau according to everything.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

bookworm wrote:Peter Jackson ruined LOTR by leaving out Tom Bombadil! :x
And the Hobbits getting backbone and not thinking just about food and their pipes! :x
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

bookworm wrote:Peter Jackson ruined LOTR by leaving out Tom Bombadil! :x
Both Treebeard and Gollum quoted him. \:D/ One part from The Two Towers was the part with Old Man Willow, also.

Or rather, Gollum quoted the Barrow Wights... with whom Tom was involved. So close enough.
Last edited by Termite on Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I was being sarcastic back there. I can’t stand Tom Bombadil.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

4 words. Scouring of the Shire.

6 words. Not cool Peter Jackson. Not cool.

But, really. Tom was a huge deal. You have to understand what he actually means.
Last edited by Knight Fisher on Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Knight Fisher wrote:But, really. Tom was a huge deal. You have to understand what he actually means.
All I understood was ‘When is this random guy going to stop singing?! ](*,)
Joy
Lucid and deductive

Post by Joy »

bookworm wrote:I was being sarcastic back there. I can’t stand Tom Bombadil.
Is Tom that guy who saves them from that tree? And then takes them into his little house? When they travel through the woods to.....whatever it is?
Yes, I know, I'm such a fan. :p Really, parts of the book is quite boring for me. I am determined to get through them though.
The Hobbit was interesting enough though. I had to return it too soon, which stunk.
And now it's turned into a LOTR discussion.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

...and JJ Abrams is signed on to direct! \:D/
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

Apparently yes, however neither Lucasfilm or J.J. have confirmed this yet.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Apparently Harrison Ford has signed on. So yay. \:D/
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

I have mixed feelings about this....I love Star Wars, but I don't want it ruined even more.

Till the end of the line.
Samantha14
All That Is Sam.
All That Is Sam.

Post by Samantha14 »

...Granted I've never even seen Star Wars, I probably have no say in this whatsoever. However, I think this is getting overrated. I mean, can't they just leave well enough alone? It's one thing to turn something such as a classic children's novel into a beloved movie, such as they have done in the past, and been very successful with. But, once they make something, and do the same thing over and over, completely butchering the one before it each time, or changing the ideas, or going with the first option on the list because all they wanted was to make a quick buck in Hollywood, not a quality movie, it begins to get tiresome...

However, that's just me... >_>
merp.