Star Wars 7 - Warning - SPOILERS inside!

coming soon

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Wooton Z. Bassett
OK

Post by Wooton Z. Bassett »

Lucasfilm could probably do the star wars movies better than disney, but I'd rather have a star wars film made by disney, than no star wars film at all.
I'm on the Soda Shop and Campbell County Message Boards.

Check out unofficialaioblog.blogspot.com/

Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

If these movies end up being really bad I would have rather had no new Star Wars films at all, just like the prequels. It just ends up putting more shame on the Star Wars name :( However, there is still a chance this could be a great film, I'm looking forward to seeing what they could do with it.
Wooton Z. Bassett
OK

Yes, it will be very interesting to see how disney does it. Will they base the movie on one of the books? Will they make up a whole new jedi story thus adding to the star wars canon or driving some of the books out of canon or will they do and old republic movie....or a movie about Jacen and Jaina Solo

Anemone
Horse Crazy 14
Horse Crazy 14

Post by Anemone »

It's going to be interesting. I don't really like Star Wars but....I'm kinda excited to see how they're going to do it. 8-)
ImageWeird is just a side effect of being awesome.Image
Song under my sig is 'Green Rain' by SHINee
Image Image Image Image Image Image
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Wooton Z. Bassett wrote:Yes, it will be very interesting to see how disney does it. Will they base the movie on one of the books? Will they make up a whole new jedi story thus adding to the star wars canon or driving some of the books out of canon or will they do and old republic movie....or a movie about Jacen and Jaina Solo
They've pretty much said they are ignoring all the books and stuff... so don't expect any Solo babies or Mara Jade or what have you.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I got some more information on the acquisition and the movie and it’s causing me to have mixed responses.

With this purchase, Disney not only takes over ownership of LucasFilm, but also Industrial Light & Magic, Skywalker Sound, and LucasArts, the whole deal. In other words, absolutely anything Star Wars is coming from them from now on. That made me a bit uncomfortable. However, George Lucas will be the creative consultant for the new movies, so at least he’s still going to be involved and keeping an eye on things.

His statement was as follows:
George Lucas wrote:For the past 35 years, one of my greatest pleasures has been to see Star Wars passed from one generation to the next. It's now time for me to pass Star Wars on to a new generation of filmmakers. I've always believed that Star Wars could live beyond me, and I thought it was important to set up the transition during my lifetime.
I do agree with this. If Star Wars was going to be passed on, it should definitely be done while he can see where it’s headed and give approval.

As for the new trilogy, it’s apparently already planned out and in production with Episode VII set for release in 2015. It reportedly carries on the stories of Luke, Leia, and Han after Return of the Jedi. I’m all for this. I’ve always believed that if there were more movies made in the future it would be moving on from the end. I’ll be curious to see if they are going to make up their own stories though, or if they will be bringing already established ‘beyond the movies’ history to the screen.

After the third trilogy, Disney reportedly has plans to continue releasing a new movie every two or three years, so they seem to see this as a long-term endeavor.
Reddo
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Reddo »

I've read that George has always thought that episodes 7-9 were the best and disney is using his story line so hopefully this means good things are coming. Reportedly the storyline for 7 8 9 was one of the reasons that disney decided to buy Lucasfilm.

George also has storylines laid out for 10 11 and 12, although they aren't part or a trilogy like 4 5 6 were they're just kind of random films that george thought would be interesting. It's not confirmed yet if these will be made after 7 8 9.
Reddo
aiowiki - we have a lot of info, check us out sometime
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

When my brother first told me about this yesterday, I accused him of lying to me, but soon realized that the crazy story was true. :shock: I'm waiting to pass judgement. It could turn out well. It would be fun to get great new Star Wars movies, and if they're lame, then I can just ignore them and sit at home watching Empire Strikes Back. :inlove: Casting will be really, really important if they plan to continue with the same characters after episode 6. Without more info, it's hard to tell.

~ moderator note: spin-off discussion thread here
Reddo
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Reddo »

In celebration of the news I've started listening to the Star Wars sound tracks, been going almost non-stop since yesterday except for when I'm not home or sleeping.
Reddo
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

At the end of the day, its highly unlikely they can outstink Phantom Menace, so... I'm pretty optimistic.
Reddo
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Reddo »

The Top Crusader wrote:At the end of the day, its highly unlikely they can outstink Phantom Menace, so... I'm pretty optimistic.
agreed, although if you mute all of Jake Lloyd and Jar Jar's lines it turns into a much better movie
Reddo
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

I grew up watching battle scenes from Phantom Menace... it holds a special place in my heart. So much so my mom took me to see it in 3D back in March.

I guess I'm the only one, though. ;)
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

I was an OLD MAN when it came out so I have no nostalgia for it! :x
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

I'm pretty sure Disney KNOWS this has to be good... or else.
Wooton Z. Bassett
OK

Termite wrote:I grew up watching battle scenes from Phantom Menace... it holds a special place in my heart. So much so my mom took me to see it in 3D back in March.

I guess I'm the only one, though. ;)

nope, I went too with my dad

Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

My parents saw either Empire Strikes back or Return of the Jedi in theaters (can't remember which one they saw together) :)

I grew up with the original trilogy, and the prequels too. I remember being scared to see Phantom in the theaters (I was scared of theaters back then, okay? anyway, I loved seeing the second and third ones in theaters. For years I defended the prequels, and tried to make them seem almost equally awesome as the originals, but now I'm forced to admit they weren't nearly as good as they could be (Revenge of the Sith was the best though, despite being sad in the end :( ) I try to take them for what they are though, and appreciate them still because they are Star Wars.

I should write down all I would change in the prequels..or something to get my past rants down on paper in some form (drawing, writing)

Till the end of the line.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Compared to the originals they weren't so good... and some of the material *coughPadmewhomIhatecough* was stupid, so they weren't nearly perfect... I still enjoy them, however.

And Obi Wan is GORGEOUS, so it works out just fine. \:D/
Last edited by Termite on Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

bookworm wrote: With this purchase, Disney not only takes over ownership of LucasFilm, but also... LucasArts,
Maniac Mansion 3? \:D/

The future is shadowed. Much darkness see I. But, there is another.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

When I found out about this yesterday, I just started screaming and screaming. I couldn't believe it \:D/ I'm quite excited to see what Disney bring to the saga...I'm hoping for the best, but if things turn out for the worse, then I'll be a miserable wreck for the rest of my life.

That being said, NOTHING that Disney creates in these next few episodes will be able to stand up to Episodes III through VI :noway:
*insert provocative quote here*
Sunshine
Smile for the camera

Post by Sunshine »

http://youtu.be/xUbH1SEsqiEThis is a neat video. :yes: