The Dinosaur Project

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

The Dinosaur Project

Post by bookworm »

I doubt anyone has even heard of this, much less seen it, but I’m making a thread on it in the slight chance someone has.

I watched it last night and wasn’t impressed. It was a shameless ripoff of Jurassic Park done in found footage format. This was my first found footage movie and it confirmed what I always suspected I would think when I finally saw one: I don’t like the style.
Anyway the movie had hardly any plot, it was clearly just an attempt to ride the waves of Spielberg’s films by making a dinosaur movie and trying to fit a story into it afterwards.
The menu image featured a ferocious tyrannosaurus which never appeared in the movie! In fact there were only four kinds of ‘dinosaurs’ in the whole thing: two swimming things, one that was more of a lizard really, and some kind of bat thing if you count that. Oh, I guess there were some pterodactyls too, but they didn’t have any real screen time.
I wouldn’t have ever thought to give it a watch if I hadn’t found it under these circumstances. In the span of the previous four days I had watched the three Jurassic Park films, so when I happened to notice this in a Redbox the next day I had to check it out because I thought it was some kind of sign.
Movieman
Wants David O Piano
Wants David O Piano

Post by Movieman »

The world of film is full of B-movies that are made purposefully to rip off popular movies that had already been made previously. Even some mainstream movies rip off other mainstream movies (such as "Battle: Los Angeles" and "Skyline").

Yay, I'm finally a published author! Check out my website.
http://www.joshuagrantbooks.com
MustacheGirl
Gold Member

Post by MustacheGirl »

I watched it a couple months ago it was a rip off of Jurassic Park and Jurassic Park is my favorite movie so when I saw this movie I was very disappointed.
"If I were the rain that bind together the earth and sky, who in all eternity will never mingle, would I be able to bind the hearts of people together?"~Orihime Inoue
"All the people that get tossed about in history... I always hope they'll be reborn into a normal life... fall in love.. and end up living happily somewhere..."~France/Francis Bonnefoy
TheDinosaurPlanet
Processing
Post by TheDinosaurPlanet »

The poster looks very low-budget....
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TOO!

Other places are okay
And some are fine
But as far as hometowns go
Well, Odyssey is mine
Oh, it's the place to be
I'm sure you will agree
Have you ever been to Odyssey?
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

(Heh; explanation of the random bump, just for the record: I was telling TDP in the Chatroom just now that I always misread his username as this movie's title.)

But yeah, this is definitely not a high quality production. I've wondered a few times over the years if I was too harsh on it before and if I rewatched it I might not think it was so bad going in with proper expectations this time, but I remember being so disappointed with how meh it was that I don't care enough about finding out to spend time seeing it again.
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Man, remember when Redbox was a thing? :o
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
TheDinosaurPlanet
Processing

Ok, I've changed by profile. It's dinosaurs in a planet. That should be obvious now.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TOO!

Other places are okay
And some are fine
Well, Odyssey is mine
Oh, it's the place to be
I'm sure you will agree
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

jelly wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 7:24 amMan, remember when Redbox was a thing? :o
It's still a thing where I live. I haven't used it personally in years, but I see other people using them somewhat frequently.
TheDinosaurPlanet
Processing

I've seen them here and there. Not that surprising. They aren't that old fashioned.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TOO!

Other places are okay
And some are fine
Well, Odyssey is mine
Oh, it's the place to be
I'm sure you will agree
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

All physical media is old-fashioned. :noway:
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
TheDinosaurPlanet
Processing

jelly wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 8:31 am All physical media is old-fashioned. :noway:
As someone who uses physical media, I disagree.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TOO!

Other places are okay
And some are fine
Well, Odyssey is mine
Oh, it's the place to be
I'm sure you will agree