Monsters University - Full Trailer!

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Peachey Keen
Smile for the camera
Monsters University - Full Trailer!

Post by Peachey Keen »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... beFIfS8uno

I am so excited to see this! M Inc. is one of Pixar's best films and I can't wait to see how they do with their first prequel.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

I hate the trailer because it didn't give me a reason to watch the film... except for the fact that it's Monsters, Inc. characters, and Pixar...

...and that's good enough for me. But I wished for suspense and mystery and fresh humor. The snail rushing to class was straight out of Despicable Me. :(
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

American Eagle wrote:...and that's good enough for me.
Same. :P I was so excited to see familiar monster faces that I almost didn't mind the otherwise disappointing trailer.
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
gunblader3
Found

Post by gunblader3 »

I just hope they don't pull a Cars 2 on this sequel.... I mean prequel. I wish Brad Bird was directing Pixar movies, all my favorite pixar movies are from him after all (Incredibles and Ratatouille).
Children are pure, they know who's the strongest. ~ Mask de Smith
godisawesomeness99
Popsicle kid

Post by godisawesomeness99 »

It's gonna be fun. I will want to see that. Monsters INC. Was so good!
Daniel- Seattle Pacific University '22
Music is how God speaks to me
I used to be here.... but now I'm probably not.... so yeah
Arkán Dreamwalker
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Arkán Dreamwalker »

Oh boy! I can't speak!
~ Walker in Dreams
Christian A.
Animatronic

Post by Christian A. »

:shock: Sully has lost a lot of weight! I mean...he...weighed less before he...gained weight. :}

That trailer was quite entertaining. It doesn't really give you much of an idea of the plot, but it had some great humor. Let's just hope they didn't pull a Dreamworks and put all of the funny moments in the trailer, leaving no surprises for the actual film.
Last edited by Christian A. on Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~JCGJ~
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Post by ~JCGJ~ »

Christian A. wrote:Let's just hope they didn't pull a Dreamworks and put all of the funny moments in the trailer, leaving no surprises for the actual film.
Hence, why I don't watch trailers.
They/Them
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Christian A.
Animatronic

Post by Christian A. »

There's a new trailer out, as of yesterday. This one gives us a better idea of some of the conflict in the movie. But, there still seems to be a lot we don't know about the story.

American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Christian A. wrote:This one gives us a better idea of some of the conflict in the movie.
YES, and that makes me very excited. I thought the scare games and the creepy lady monster looked amazing. \:D/
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I’m going to rewatch the first one before seeing this.
godisawesomeness99
Popsicle kid

I'M SO EXCITED!!!
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

So did anybody see this, I went to see it last night and I gotta say... it's another Pixar hit! :D Love it.
godisawesomeness99
Popsicle kid

I really liked it..... It was pretty good!
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

I saw it yesterday, and it exceeded my expectations. I haven't enjoyed a new Pixar film this much in several years.

"Grab some couch cushions! We're gonna build a fort!"
Last edited by EMBEE on Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Apparently Monsters Inc. doesn’t have a thread, so I’ll just post this here.

I watched it last night in preparation for Monsters University.
I had forgotten what a truly great movie it is. The story and word as so imaginative!
Christian A.
Animatronic

Post by Christian A. »

I saw this on Friday night and thought it was absolutely excellent! I went in with fairly high expectations, and it exceeded my expectations! It's definitely the best Pixar movie since Toy Story 3. And, I can't really remember my initial reaction upon seeing Toy Story 3, since it came out in 2013, but I don't think I remember truly enjoying it and being thrilled by it as much as I was with this one. If there's any movie out that's worth seeing, it's this one. I highly recommend it.

Here's my full review:
One thing that really stuck out to me was how much I got involved in the story. People had said that since this was a prequel, it couldn't be as deep, because we'd know how it was going to end. But I think the opposite may be the case. With a prequel, the creators know that the audience is coming to the movie with a certain amount of knowledge about the future. The smart thing to do in that case, and this is what Pixar did, is to tear down all of your preconceived ideas of the characters and make you wonder the whole movie how in the world they're going to get back to "normal" in time for the beginning of the original movie. A few examples of this: Randall is Mike's roommate. (Could anyone have seen that coming?) Randall is a nice guy. Both Mike and Sully can be quite conceited at times. Mike is convinced that he can be the best scarer ever. And there were many more. But things like those were what got me way more interested in the movie than I thought I would be.

Then there was one other part that really struck me as fantastic. When it was up to Mike to deliver the monumental scare to win the Scare Games for Oozma Kappa, and then he actually did it, I was quite disappointed. My immediate thought was, "Wow, that was a really anticlimactic cop-out." And I was pretty shocked that it was going to have that cliche of an ending. I had loved the movie up to that point, and my thought was, I could get that sort of happy ending from any movie; with Pixar I should be able to expect something better. And that was the brilliance of it! That was exactly how I was supposed to feel! So when Mike discovered that Sully had rigged the simulator for him, I was absolutely blown away. Even though it was fairly simplistic, because of the emotions that had been wrought in me, I thought it was the best plot twist I've seen in a movie in a long time.

Anyway, the tremendous execution and progression of the plot, coupled together with some hilarious jokes (My favorite part was Squishy's simulator scare; I was dying laughing! xD), made for an amazing movie all-around. I thought it was about as original as it could have been while still keeping the same characters from the first movie. Hopefully I'm not the only one who had these thoughts about it. I'm very eager to hear what Jelly thought. ;)
EDIT: I just remembered. The one thing that could have been better about this movie: They totally should have had Skillet's "Monster" playing during the dark scene with the pink spike balls. It would have been awesome! :D
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

This movie was so good! No, it was great!
It not only exceeded any expectations I had, it absolutely shattered them!

I was doubtful about how well it would turn out, I didn’t think the premise could have much material, but apparently I’m just not imaginative enough. They had more than enough ideas, and put them together just right. It was a solid, perfect movie. Almost too perfect for words; everything was simply right.

It was definitely a good idea to rewatch the original shortly before seeing this, it helped me appreciate all the tie-ins. And gave me an extra shiver when Randal said “This is the last time I lose to you, Sullivan.”
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

So I'm really late to the party on this one, but I thought Monster's University was totally decent. \:D/ It was everything you'd expect from a very good prequel, as well as having an energy and tone to call its own. The characters develop surprisingly well.

Regretfully, it's no Toy Story 2. Monster's Inc is still a much stronger film. Most of that is because Boo's contribution to the Monster world was a huge part of what made the film so personable, so relational and magical. There was a real connection between monster and human, and obviously being a prequel, there was none of that here. We don't really get the same sense of adventure from going through closet doors into the human world as we did in the first. Here, it's more of just a plot device.

Still love Pixar though. Already excited for whatever's next. \:D/
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

I really would have loved to have seen a reference to Boo, such as her door being made in the door shop or something.

I suppose I'll come in late as well, and say that I LOVED the movie. Each one of the characters was well developed, and I really didn't expect the ending. There was one moment that was so, so, SO pivotal for me.
Mike's run in the Scare Simulator. The moment he got the record breaking scare needed, I was thoroughly disappointed. My first thought was "cheesy". Because the truth is, Mike wasn't scary enough for that score. The discovery of Sulley's cheating completely changed everything. Had it been real, and Mike had really gotten that score, I would have hated the movie, quite honestly. But that moment just brought it all together for a spectacular ending. Which I also loved. Mike deciding to go into the human world was a stroke of genius. And it brought a wonderful moment between Mike and Sulley, and brought about a wonderful end with Dean Hardscrabble. That end scene, and especially the line "You surprised me." really was the perfect way to end it.
Overall it was absolutely amazing, and completely lived up to my expectations. I'm looking forward to Inside Out and The Good Dinosaur. It's too bad neither comes out until 2015. :(
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!