STAR WARS THE CLONE WARS!

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

bookworm wrote:
Catspaw wrote:I really hope these new episodes end up on Netflix Canada in a timely manner.
No chance; this is going to be the selling point for the Disney streaming service.
I did see that info, but last I heard, Disney's new streaming service will not be available in Canada. That could have changed, but my hope is that if there is no other legit way to get it in Canada, then Disney will put it on Netflix Canada. There can be significant variations between what Netflix has available by country, so it could happen.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Okay, I was wondering about that. I knew Netflix is different between countries, but I didn't think something like Disney's would be. (Because it's a different type of thing: in-house streaming of a company's own content compared to a third party steamer that just licenses random stuff from other people.) But if you aren't getting the Disney service then yes they would most likely put it on Netflix Canada with all their other stuff as usual. If that's the case you really luck out!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I hope I luck out and don't end up with no access at all, since after watching all the other seasons, I really want to see the new episodes!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I'm loving having Disney Plus, including having all existing Clone Wars episodes and now more on the way! Woohoo! \:D/ This is a great trailer. THanks for sharing, bookworm. I hadn't seen it yet.

I've been watching some old episodes, since I haven't watched since I watched through the whole series with my brother a few years ago, and I am really looking forward to new episodes. It's funny, because I watched a couple minutes of Episode II just because it was on TV and I was flipping channels, and it was weird to see Anakin and Obi-Wan as people, not as Clone Wars-style animated characters. I actually love the look of Clone Wars. It's done so well.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

So I just started watching this series in passing because of D+.... it's great! I have to go back and rewind constantly because I miss a lot but it's totally worth the watch. \:D/
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Woohoo! There's lots of love, EK. I've been watching through from the beginning, with the intention of not watching the new season until I rewatch the old episodes that I haven't seen in years. I find myself sometimes saying things like, "I love you, Anakin. Don't kill anyone!" Is that just me? O:)
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

I have officially gone back through seasons 1-5, and now that I am visiting the homestead Aeva wants to rewatch season 6 before we binge season 7 \:D/

I'm a little concerned. I saw one, brief not-terribly-a-spoiler that means I WAS RIGHT about something but also means I'll probably cry. I'm a baby when it comes to anything dramatic on film/television, heh.
Last edited by Termite on Mon May 25, 2020 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

You'll definitely cry The Siege of Mandalore was so good and so tragic. \:D/
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Knight Fisher wrote:You'll definitely cry The Siege of Mandalore was so good and so tragic. \:D/
Aeva and I started our binge this afternoon, and I've already cried at the end of episode four. This does not bode well \:D/

EDIT 1: Episode 9 just started, and we paused it five seconds in to simultaneously scream that our skin has cleared. Dave Filoni, you beauty.
Sub-EDIT 1: wowowow, we're halfway through the episode, and I just cried again.

EDIT 2: Okay, it's over. I am :mecry:, and Aeva is :panic:
Last edited by Termite on Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Termite wrote: EDIT 2: Okay, it's over. I am :mecry:, and Aeva is :panic:
Yep that sums it up. \:D/
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I'm finally going to watch this! I've been gifted a year of Disney Plus, it's the opportunity I've been needing of both time and episode access! Never managed to have both of those components together in the past.
Monica Stone
I've been here a bit

Post by Monica Stone »

bookworm wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:01 pm I'm finally going to watch this! I've been gifted a year of Disney Plus, it's the opportunity I've been needing of both time and episode access! Never managed to have both of those components together in the past.
Have fun! I watched all of the Star Wars movies & shows over the course of 2020 (I'm a big fan now :D) and fell in love in particular with this show. It's a slow start with the movie & season one but it gets truly incredible!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

bookworm wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:01 pm I'm finally going to watch this! I've been gifted a year of Disney Plus, it's the opportunity I've been needing of both time and episode access! Never managed to have both of those components together in the past.
That's great! There are so many episodes that time is a must. My suggestion is to pay attention to episodes that go together and plan your viewing accordingly. Some are stand-alones, others are two-parters, or even three or four linked episodes.