Finding Nemo 2 / Finding Dory 2015!

"Super exciting!" or "Another stupid sequel...?"

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Christian A.
Animatronic

Finding Nemo 2 / Finding Dory 2015!

Post by Christian A. »

Ellen DeGeneres announced on her show this past Tuesday that Pixar is finally going through with plans for a Finding Nemo sequel! The sequel is called Finding Dory, and this is the short summary we've been given so far:
[T]he film will center on Dory reuniting with her "loved ones," much like the family-focused plot of "Nemo."... Stanton said the movie will be set in part along the California coast and take place about a year after "Nemo." It will include characters such as clown fish Nemo, his father Marlin and the Tank Gang.
You can read the story here, and you can watch the clip from Ellen's show here.

So... what is your reaction to this announcement? Are you excited for another Nemo movie, or are you bummed that Pixar is going with yet another sequel idea?
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I don't know why they persist on NOT making a sequel to The Incredibles, if they have to make constant sequels. :(
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

What is it with sequels.

Ugh.
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

The Top Crusader wrote:I don't know why they persist on NOT making a sequel to The Incredibles, if they have to make constant sequels. :(
They are considering it.

I honestly think this has some potential to be really funny.
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

I'm disappointed. Pixar always does best when it comes up with original fresh ideas, but they have been going pretty sequel crazy these past few years. I am losing faith in Pixar, and am not excited for this at all. I guess I could always be proven wrong though...
Peachey Keen
Smile for the camera
Post by Peachey Keen »

This news was posted on April 2 so I wasn't sure if it was a late April Fools joke or not. But I guess it is true.

The title certainly is more interesting than Finding Nemo 2. I just hope that they don't pull a Cars 2 on us and have the main secondary character (the not-so-smart one) take up 80% off the movie. Although I liked Cars 2, I didn't think it had the emotional pull the original had. I think this may turn out okay, but I too think that the one Pixar movie that deserves a sequel is The Incredibles.
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

The below statements:)
Taps wrote:I'm disappointed. Pixar always does best when it comes up with original fresh ideas, but they have been going pretty sequel crazy these past few years.
I'm don't want to see it unless it has Squishy. ^.-

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Peachey Keen wrote:I just hope that they don't pull a Cars 2 on us and have the main secondary character (the not-so-smart one) take up 80% off the movie.
Based on the title and plot synopsis, the entire movie should focus on Dory. If that’s what you were alluding to.
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

Pixar has done far better than the actual Disney Animation studios when it comes to sequels--Toy Story 2 was, so I hear, just as good, if not better, than the original. I think Pixar will do a fine job with it.
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Aeva
Pretzel
Pretzel

Post by Aeva »

I'm very excited for this sequel. \:D/ I loved Finding Nemo, and I can't wait to watch Dory have her own adventure. :inlove:
But break my heart, for I must hold my tongue. --Hamlet.
StrongNChrist ~ Remembered Forever <3
Men who kill without reason cannot be reasoned with. --Stoic the Vast
Let's go down together for one more chance. The skeletons are screaming for one last dance. --Hawthorne Heights
Tell 'em turn it up 'til they can't no more. Let's get this thing shakin' like a disco ball. This is your last warning, a courtesy call. --TFK
You have nice manners for a thief and a liar. --Smaug
I know you mean well, but leave me be. Yes, I'm alone, but I'm alone and free. --Elsa
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

Finding Nemo was never my favorite film, but I'm interested to see what they do with this sequel. :yes: I mean, worst case scenario, we just end up with another bad movie, right? Then we can just go on pretending it never existed, like I do with pretty much every direct-to-video Disney sequel ever.
UNCLEBITTLES
I AM A BEAST!
I AM A BEAST!

Post by UNCLEBITTLES »

Sounds dumb.
Wow
so doge
much voting
such election
wow.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Taps wrote:I'm disappointed. Pixar always does best when it comes up with original fresh ideas, but they have been going pretty sequel crazy these past few years.
This is because Disney, the folks who are addicted to making sequels, took over Pixar 6 years ago. I think Disney is starting to have an effect on the story telling power of Pixar (Brave being the example here), so I'm taking a wait and see attitude with Pixar from now on.
Peachey Keen
Smile for the camera
Post by Peachey Keen »

The more I think about it, the more I'm warming up to the idea of a FN sequel. As long as they don't make a sequel to Up, I'm happy. Some stories are just better by themselves.
Christian A.
Animatronic

Post by Christian A. »

Yes. I would instantaneously become sick to death of Pixar sequels if they said they were making a sequel to Up.

But, yeah, I think Finding Dory has a lot of potential. Nemo had so many loveable characters that they deserved some more time on the big screen. I'm looking forward to it even more than Monsters University, for the time being.
JMoriarty
Just visiting

Post by JMoriarty »

I can't wait for this movie!!!
"You're heading for a fall. But don't be afraid of falling, it's just like flying, only there's a more permanent destination."~Jim Moriarty
cellogirl
Gold Member

Post by cellogirl »

Who knows, maybe it'll be good! But they can't beat Finding Nemo. Its impossible! :)

"Oh no. No no no no no no no no no... this is bad, this is very bad, this is really, really bad! They just can't get my nose right!"
"I know not who you are, nor how I came to find you, but may I just say.... Hi..."
"You should know that this is the strangest thing I've ever done!"
"Frying pans! Who knew, right?"
-Flynn Rider

check out my youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/thepianogals?feature=mhee
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Jonathan wrote:I think Disney is starting to have an effect on the story telling power of Pixar (Brave being the example here), so I'm taking a wait and see attitude with Pixar from now on.
How on earth did so many people completely miss the point of Brave. >_<

This is also not true. Pixar and Disney have been working together since the beginning, although they've had notable disagreements, and the buyout of 2006 hasn't done anything to 'effect' Pixar's production quality. It's helpful to remember that there are many different creative minds behind each one of the Pixar productions we love, whether they're contracted by Disney or otherwise, so there's really no such thing as a "Pixar" brand of storytelling, even though it often feels like it.
Last edited by jelly on Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

Jelly wrote:
Jonathan wrote:I think Disney is starting to have an effect on the story telling power of Pixar (Brave being the example here), so I'm taking a wait and see attitude with Pixar from now on.
How on earth did so many people completely miss the point of Brave. >_<
I don't know if they missed the point so much as realized it wasn't that great. :p

I love a good animated movie, but I strongly disliked Brave, and it didn't really have anything to do with some perceived feminist message or whatever people thought it was. I just think the quality of kids movies is going generally downward. Needless to say, I'm not looking forward to Finding Nemo 2.
Last edited by ric on Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

I'm 'eh' about Finding Dory... I don't really care all that much, but I suppose I'll watch at some point months after it comes out.

Incredibles sequel. YES.
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |