Finding Nemo 2 / Finding Dory 2015!

"Super exciting!" or "Another stupid sequel...?"

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Samantha14
All That Is Sam.
All That Is Sam.

Post by Samantha14 »

Jelly wrote:Guys imma let you finish, but I just re-watched WALL-E yesterday.. and I'm pretty sure it's my new favorite Pixar of ALL TIME.
I knew there was a reason I liked you. \:D/

Seriously, though. OHMYGOSH. That movie is AMAZING. Beyond words. (Though I could totally give you some if I try :P) The wrecked planet, the cute little robot with a heart of gold, the loneliness he feels as he lives his day to day life watching his 'family' rust away to nothingness. It's trashy, moldy, and all around ugly--But that's what makes it all the more beautiful.

I always like to think that when it comes to media, of any kind, the beauty is in the picture. Not the words by which the picture is being described. And that's what I love about Wall-E so SO much. At least in the beginning. You can understand it, because you know it. You can know it because you can feel it. And you can feel it because you see it. Not because you heard the words about it, or directly from it. It's just... There. Which is why it starts becoming a bummer when things suddenly go so fast paced and loud. >_>

I'm beginning to think that's why I like The Secret World of Arrietty so much. (Oh, please don't get me started on that movie. :inlove: ) Visual trumps Audible. Every. Time. Hands down.

Aaaaaand I'm now going to get off my soap box and stop rambling like an idiot. It's five am and I've had, like, no sleep. So forgive my droning on about nothing at all. :P

Though to get back on topic, I absolutely loved the first movie and might possibly die before the sequal comes out. Seriously. I want to see it that badly. :-
merp.
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Samantha14 wrote:I always like to think that when it comes to media, of any kind, the beauty is in the picture. Not the words by which the picture is being described. And that's what I love about Wall-E so SO much. At least in the beginning. You can understand it, because you know it. You can know it because you can feel it. And you can feel it because you see it. Not because you heard the words about it, or directly from it. It's just... There. Which is why it starts becoming a bummer when things suddenly go so fast paced and loud. >_>
I think we're going to get along very, very well! \:D/
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Samantha14
All That Is Sam.
All That Is Sam.

Post by Samantha14 »

Jelly wrote:
Samantha14 wrote:I always like to think that when it comes to media, of any kind, the beauty is in the picture. Not the words by which the picture is being described. And that's what I love about Wall-E so SO much. At least in the beginning. You can understand it, because you know it. You can know it because you can feel it. And you can feel it because you see it. Not because you heard the words about it, or directly from it. It's just... There. Which is why it starts becoming a bummer when things suddenly go so fast paced and loud. >_>
I think we're going to get along very, very well! \:D/
\:D/
merp.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Samantha14 wrote:Visual trumps Audible. Every. Time. Hands down.
Oh the irony of saying that on this particular message board. ;)
Samantha14
All That Is Sam.
All That Is Sam.

Post by Samantha14 »

EK wrote:
Samantha14 wrote:Visual trumps Audible. Every. Time. Hands down.
Oh the irony of saying that on this particular message board. ;)
True, true. :P
merp.
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

I didn't like Wall-E, but that could be because the only time I watched it was when I downloaded it from limewire and watched it on the tiny screen of my ipod classic.
I am actually looking forward to the second Nemo movie, but I probably won't watch it in theaters.

Triple post fixed. -snubs
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

I am actually somewhat excited for Finding Dory. My idea for it(though it probably won't happen :( ) is that Dory is trying to tell the story of Finding Nemo to someone(possibly her children), and keeps on leaving out parts or throwing in stuff that didn't happen. They could totally twist the story into something crazy.
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

Woody, your idea is awesome and I could totally see Dory doing that! \:D/
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

So did anyone see this? We had some thoughts shared when it was just a news story, but nothing while it was actually coming together and no reaction to the release.
Kaida
Whale you be my friend?

Post by Kaida »

I saw it the day it came out with my nephews. There was a good amount of people my age watching.

They did a better job with this movie than I thought they would. I remember saying "Wow" a few times when it was over. They did a spectacular job with Dory's story. There were a couple scenes that almost brought me to tears.
I like chocolate milk. - Cheese
#ForeverKitty
GJ
Pilgrim

Post by GJ »

Kaida wrote:I saw it the day it came out with my nephews. There was a good amount of people my age watching.

They did a better job with this movie than I thought they would. I remember saying "Wow" a few times when it was over. They did a spectacular job with Dory's story. There were a couple scenes that almost brought me to tears.
Aye, it was a very sweet movie. More childish I think than the original, then it was focused on a different sort of dilemma, about family. :cry:
And it was adorable, little Dory, and her friends...I really loved that, more than I thought I would.
"To know whether truth is actually true or just an imposter, give it some licorice." -Wooton Basset