Gilligan's Island

Your opinion....

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

This was my favorite show when I was a lad... now I have some super duper cable package with a billion stations and I don't think I've seen it still playing anywhere. Although I only watch like 4 out of all those stations, so... >_>

The Rescue and two subsequent made for TV movies were pretty bad, though. They have been talking since I was a fan 20 years ago of doing a new movie or new TV series but other than a failed reality show that has never gotten very far. :(
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

Hey, I'd say that's fortunate. I like the idea of them just staying on the island; the slapstick comedy that inevitably ensues is just too good to have them rescued.

I really enjoyed Gilligan's Island when I was younger; we got the three seasons on DVD at one point. It's a pretty good show, although my brother thinks for some reason that McHale's Navy and Hogan's Heroes were better. :(
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Peachey Keen
Smile for the camera
Post by Peachey Keen »

I just recently bought the first season and saw it for the first time and I love it! Great actors with great humor.

Oh, and a little AIO-related trivia: Jim Backus, who plays the millionare Mr. Howe, played another snobby rich guy named Hubert Updike in an old time radio show. What was the show called? The Alan Young Show!
Ginny Weasley wrote: It's a pretty good show, although my brother thinks for some reason that McHale's Navy and Hogan's Heroes were better. :(
Those shows are really great, too. McHale's Navy is a real slapstick-heavy show like GI. Hogan's Heroes is quite funny but with better stories.
Joy
Lucid and deductive

Post by Joy »

You guys watch Hogan's Heroes?
Awesome, we watch that quite a bit, actually! Our dad introduced us to it.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

:offtopic:

Hogan's Heroes has a thread here. :)