The Hunger Games: Catching Fire

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

The new trailer was released at Comic Con today \:D/

It. Is. Incredible. My expectations have been raised exceedingly.
*insert provocative quote here*
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Musical Shutterbug wrote:The new trailer was released at Comic Con today \:D/

Were you at Comic Con?

I'm jealous :(

but please tell me more \:D/

Till the end of the line.
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Shennifer wrote:

Were you at Comic Con?

I wish :( No, it's almost impossible to get tickets for Comic Con. I've been trying for the past three years. I shall get in there eventually \:D/

Linkie, to the trailer: http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/the-hunge ... fire/?vp=1 Watch, and enjoy.

My highlights from the trailer include:
The Capital. Holy kree, it looks stunning! I reeeeeally hope that Francis Lawrence shows an abundance of the utter grandeur and luxuriousness of the Capital in this film, because I feel like that is something that was (sadly!) glossed over in the first movie. And it's such a huge part of the trilogy. It doesn't deserve to be left out.

Jen and Josh's acting. The raw emotion displayed by both of them is great. I want to see more. Their characters appear to have developed exactly as written in the books.

Finnick and Johanna. Though we only saw both of them briefly, it made my heart leap with joy. Sam Claflin's smile just...*sigh* melts my heart :inlove: And Jena Malone looks like an utter beast with those axes. YES. BRILLIANT.

And I would be a horrible fan if I didn't mention the arena. Oh, wow. Such a short glimpse, but it still looked phenomenal.

I am utterly thrilled for the release of this movie.
Petrichor
Popsicle kid

Post by Petrichor »

Musical Shutterbug wrote:
Shennifer wrote:

Were you at Comic Con?

I wish :( No, it's almost impossible to get tickets for Comic Con. I've been trying for the past three years. I shall get in there eventually \:D/

Linkie, to the trailer: http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/the-hunge ... fire/?vp=1 Watch, and enjoy.

My highlights from the trailer include:
The Capital. Holy kree, it looks stunning! I reeeeeally hope that Francis Lawrence shows an abundance of the utter grandeur and luxuriousness of the Capital in this film, because I feel like that is something that was (sadly!) glossed over in the first movie. And it's such a huge part of the trilogy. It doesn't deserve to be left out.

Jen and Josh's acting. The raw emotion displayed by both of them is great. I want to see more. Their characters appear to have developed exactly as written in the books.

Finnick and Johanna. Though we only saw both of them briefly, it made my heart leap with joy. Sam Claflin's smile just...*sigh* melts my heart :inlove: And Jena Malone looks like an utter beast with those axes. YES. BRILLIANT.

And I would be a horrible fan if I didn't mention the arena. Oh, wow. Such a short glimpse, but it still looked phenomenal.

I am utterly thrilled for the release of this movie.
I posted the link to that trailer in the last page of this thread, you thunder-stealer, you. :x

Heh. I, too, am exceedingly glad that the Capital is getting kicked up a notch. It was disappointingly bland in the first movie, and felt really small-scale. Concrete bunker-style architecture does not really speak to me of excess and decadence. :p

Josh and Jen were good. Don't really care that much about Finnick, plus the fact that it looked like he was just wearing a burlap bag around his waist. Real sexy. \:D/ I guess there's only so much you can do on PG-13. :p I fully expect Jena Malone to be fantastic, however. ^.^

And the arena... uniform... thingies (what are they called? O:)) don't look quite as dorky as I thought they would, so that's a plus. \:D/
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

That trailer gave me chills. \:D/

I want to go to Comic Con (or some kind of convention) someday too.

Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Petrichor wrote: I posted the link to that trailer in the last page of this thread, you thunder-stealer, you. :x

Heh. I, too, am exceedingly glad that the Capital is getting kicked up a notch. It was disappointingly bland in the first movie, and felt really small-scale. Concrete bunker-style architecture does not really speak to me of excess and decadence. :p

:( My apologies. It wasn't on purpose.

Yes! I loved the glimpses of the Capital in this trailer because it showed the the direct connection to Rome's buildings. That is exactly what I want to see. The distinct similarities, just like Suzanne Collins intended in the books.
Shennifer wrote:I want to go to Comic Con (or some kind of convention) someday too.
You know where to find me if you ever want to drive down to San Diego with someone \:D/
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Shennifer wrote:I want to go to Comic Con (or some kind of convention) someday too.
MusicalShutterbug wrote:You know where to find me if you ever want to drive down to San Diego with someone \:D/
I'll keep that in mind ;)
Last edited by Shennifer on Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Stop Wooton' Around
Wooton rocks!
Wooton rocks!

Post by Stop Wooton' Around »

Oddly, enough I am looking forward to this movie. I am not one to usually job on the bandwagon. I never read nor have a desire to read/watch Harry Potter or the Twilight series. Now it took me awhile to read the Hunger Games because they were never in at the school library nor the public library (I work at that one) but as soon as I got my hand on the next book I read it in one sitting. They also did a great job with the first movie and not ruining it. I am a little nervous for the second one though because Gary Ross is no longer the director but we shall see...

Unfortunately, it will be awhile before I watch the second one because it will be whenever the Library gets it and its actually in (I do have have an advantage since I work there).
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Ohhh snap, I'm going to fangirl the entire midnight showing. :anxious: When they appeared in the water arena, oohhhh man. I cannot wait to see the arena.

I'm officially done watching trailers and clips, though. No more, AE. :x
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

American Eagle wrote:Ohhh snap, I'm going to fangirl the entire midnight showing. :anxious: When they appeared in the water arena, oohhhh man. I cannot wait to see the arena.

I'm officially done watching trailers and clips, though. No more, AE. :x
I appreciate a man who is physically mature enough to admit to fangirlling ;)

jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Has everyone on the ToO read the books or something? ;)

I enjoyed the first film, although the incessant use of close-ups made me nauseous. This one looks good because Philip Seymour Hoffman is in it. \:D/
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Jelly wrote:Has everyone on the ToO read the books or something? ;)
A lot of us have, actually. ;) THG's biggest issue was the headache-inducing camerawork, which is why I'm glad a new director is in charge of Catching Fire.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Stop Wooton' Around
Wooton rocks!
Wooton rocks!

Post by Stop Wooton' Around »

American Eagle wrote:
A lot of us have, actually. ;) THG's biggest issue was the headache-inducing camerawork, which is why I'm glad a new director is in charge of Catching Fire.
I agree I didn't like the jump cut camerawork especially after watching it 5+ times but I do like how Gary Ross stays true to the story. I think we could see an increase in violence in the second movie but I am actually okay with that because it should (if not overdone) give a more realistic and edgy feel.

BTW: the urban dictionary defines fangirling as acting like a fangirl which means... A rabid breed of human female who is obesessed with either a fictional character or an actor. (So, for once I don't think AE can be physically mature to admitting to fangirling.)
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Stop Wooton' Around wrote:
American Eagle wrote:
I agree I didn't like the jump cut camerawork especially after watching it 5+ times but I do like how Gary Ross stays true to the story. I think we could see an increase in violence in the second movie but I am actually okay with that because it should (if not overdone) give a more realistic and edgy feel.

BTW: the urban dictionary defines fangirling as acting like a fangirl which means... A rabid breed of human female who is obesessed with either a fictional character or an actor. (So, for once I don't think AE can be physically mature to admitting to fangirling.)
eh well there goes my attempt at something funny

anyway, sometimes I didn't like the camera movements but I'd have to watch it again to form a more complete opinion.

This next one looks (like the first one but more so) true to the book. \:D/

Caswin
Found

Post by Caswin »

Yeah. "chills" is strangely appropriate.

The world's catching fire and no one is safe.

Nooo oooone.
Dangit, Cinna. :(
Novacom transmission... one, two, three... testing, one, two, three...
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

IMO, the movies are better than the books.

AND I'M EXCITED. \:D/
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Pengwin
Penguin-tastic
Penguin-tastic

Post by Pengwin »

I just watched the theatrical trailer! I'm ten times more excited now! \:D/
:wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky:
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Termite wrote:IMO, the movies are better than the books.
Nooooo :( Books are better. Every single time. Always :x
Last edited by Musical Shutterbug on Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Even if it's simply because of Peeta's face.... :incnt:
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Haymitch is awesome. \:D/
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.