Thor: The Dark World

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Yes, Termite, this was the opening weekend. And I didn't see it because I was hanging out with my friends, clearing stuff out of their room to look for a spider to kill.

but I really want to see it, despite knowing a few spoilers.

Till the end of the line.
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

I haven't seen it, but I am seriously contemplating shelling out the money to go see it. \:D/
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
JMoriarty
Just visiting

Post by JMoriarty »

I saw it! Loki was amazing! :lol:
"You're heading for a fall. But don't be afraid of falling, it's just like flying, only there's a more permanent destination."~Jim Moriarty
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

JMoriarty wrote:I saw it! Loki was amazing! :lol:
I love Loki

I definitely want to see this again, and capture more details.

Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I saw the movie with a friend a while back, and I did really enjoy it. There were a few moments where I thought, "No, Loki wouldn't do that!" and then I thought, "Or are the ToO Loki fangirls influencing me too much?" :mad: You guys are making it hard for me to resist thinking like a Loki fangirl! (That and some great acting by Tom Hiddleston, of course!) I thought that the story overall was fun and interesting. I like my superhero movies heavier on the humour and romance and not-too-violent action, so this worked well for me! \:D/

Like the last few posters said, I would like to see it again, but I don't know if that will happen, since I'm really busy right now and there are a couple of other movies in theatres that I'm hoping to go see as well.
Aeva
Pretzel
Pretzel

Post by Aeva »

Can we please talk about the scene in the dungeon in which Loki is nonchalantly lying on his bed? :inlove: I'd have been happy if he had just remained there throughout the film. :-

That aside, I loved the entire film. The interaction between Thor and Loki was hilarious and even tragic (although unfortunately I spoiled the ending for myself so I wasn't too devastated when it happened). Jane was much less annoying in this one than in the first film, and Darcy and her intern were brilliant. I thought the storyline with Jane and the aether might be lame, but it actually worked out really well. However, I had no idea about what was going to happen to Frigga, and that was heart-wrenching, especially given Loki's reaction. *sob* Christopher Eccleston was awesome, and the end was amazing.

I am definitely going to see it again when it hits the dollar theater. \:D/
But break my heart, for I must hold my tongue. --Hamlet.
StrongNChrist ~ Remembered Forever <3
Men who kill without reason cannot be reasoned with. --Stoic the Vast
Let's go down together for one more chance. The skeletons are screaming for one last dance. --Hawthorne Heights
Tell 'em turn it up 'til they can't no more. Let's get this thing shakin' like a disco ball. This is your last warning, a courtesy call. --TFK
You have nice manners for a thief and a liar. --Smaug
I know you mean well, but leave me be. Yes, I'm alone, but I'm alone and free. --Elsa
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Aeva wrote:Can we please talk about the scene in the dungeon in which Loki is nonchalantly lying on his bed? :inlove: I'd have been happy if he had just remained there throughout the film. :-

That aside, I loved the entire film. The interaction between Thor and Loki was hilarious and even tragic (although unfortunately I spoiled the ending for myself so I wasn't too devastated when it happened). Jane was much less annoying in this one than in the first film, and Darcy and her intern were brilliant. I thought the storyline with Jane and the aether might be lame, but it actually worked out really well. However, I had no idea about what was going to happen to Frigga, and that was heart-wrenching, especially given Loki's reaction. *sob* Christopher Eccleston was awesome, and the end was amazing.

all of this.

having seen many gifs and read many analysis, I can honestly say I have a new appreciation for Loki and everything this movie is. I certainly want to see this again, and this time not late at night.
too bad me and Aeva couldn't see it together; that'd be fun \:D/

Aeva
Pretzel
Pretzel

Post by Aeva »

Shennifer wrote:
Aeva wrote:Can we please talk about the scene in the dungeon in which Loki is nonchalantly lying on his bed? :inlove: I'd have been happy if he had just remained there throughout the film. :-

all of this.

having seen many gifs and read many analysis, I can honestly say I have a new appreciation for Loki and everything this movie is. I certainly want to see this again, and this time not late at night.
too bad me and Aeva couldn't see it together; that'd be fun \:D/
Seriously, that would be awesome. \:D/ If we ever get the chance to meet up, we need to bring both Thor films so we can fangirl all the way through. :inlove: (I was very well-behaved in the theater, btw. :- )
But break my heart, for I must hold my tongue. --Hamlet.
StrongNChrist ~ Remembered Forever <3
Men who kill without reason cannot be reasoned with. --Stoic the Vast
Let's go down together for one more chance. The skeletons are screaming for one last dance. --Hawthorne Heights
Tell 'em turn it up 'til they can't no more. Let's get this thing shakin' like a disco ball. This is your last warning, a courtesy call. --TFK
You have nice manners for a thief and a liar. --Smaug
I know you mean well, but leave me be. Yes, I'm alone, but I'm alone and free. --Elsa
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I enjoyed this one quite a bit more than the first, but I still couldn't get super into the story. I guess I just don't connect with Asgard's issues.

Still no explanation of why he was able to go to Earth again now, though he appeared to use the bridge this time not some nebulous "dark energy" again like in Avengers, so I guess they got it fixed somehow. A brief acknowledgment of that would have been nice as it's kind of a big deal instead of just leaving it for the viewer to conclude. Also a note on how they fixed it since the damage seemed to be permanent in the first movie.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Yeah. I know a lot of people are really into it but anything going on in Asgard just doesn't interest me. I like Thor when he is on Earth but everything else drags.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I did some research and apparently they fixed the bridge using the Tesseract. Would that have been so hard to mention somewhere, either at the end of Avengers or sometime in this, so it's not just dropped out of nowhere that the bridge is suddenly working again?
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Sort of like old Xavier randomly wheeling around in Days of Future Past. You have to listen to director commentaries to know how he survived X3, which is a poor way to handle things.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Yeah, it feels like you shouldn't have to be at that level of fandom to find out what seems like important info. I'm the kind of person who can sometimes just ignore a missing piece or two if I really like something, so I hadn't worried about how things magically worked out with the bridge, but really, a few lines could be built in to quickly explain a bit in a movie that long. ;)