Thor: The Dark World

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

I've seen the trailer before, but still *fangirlling* \:D/

This looks really good.

Till the end of the line.
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

guys..

I'm excited for this film.
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Kait
Feminazi Extraordinaire

Post by Kait »

My husband has a crush on Natalie Portman. I have a crush on Chris Hemsworth. It's really a WIN WIN movie in our household. I can't wait to see it!
"Any aspect of your faith which you do not question, is the one which should be questioned most."
"I totally approve of toddlers getting married." -Continental Admiral (aka Baragon)
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Natalie makes my heart beat quickly.

She's the only reason the first Thor film was watchable. Or the Star Wars prequels, for that matter.
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Jelly wrote:Natalie makes my heart beat quickly.

She's the only reason the first Thor film was watchable. Or the Star Wars prequels, for that matter.
Interesting point of view on Thor. I thought there were more reasons why it was watchable, but hey to each their own.

As for the Star Wars prequels, let us not forget Ewan McGregor because he was great.

jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Shennifer wrote:Interesting point of view on Thor. I thought there were more reasons why it was watchable, but hey to each their own.
Maybe. When I saw it in the theatre, the 3D was so bad that I think it just made me hate it. :( Definitely my least favourite Marvel effort, anyway.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Jelly wrote:
Shennifer wrote:Interesting point of view on Thor. I thought there were more reasons why it was watchable, but hey to each their own.
Maybe. When I saw it in the theatre, the 3D was so bad that I think it just made me hate it. :( Definitely my least favourite Marvel effort, anyway.
the amount of movies that are 3D in theaters is ridiculous. I don't think it's always worth it anyway.

I like Natalie Portman, but I do think the romance seemed a bit rushed. But overall I liked the movie fine

jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Shennifer wrote:the amount of movies that are 3D in theaters is ridiculous. I don't think it's always worth it anyway.
3D's not all bad, but as with any new innovation it takes some time for it to shift from being a novelty to being smoothly integrated into the theater experience. When sound was first introduced into film, it took studios a couple of years before they actually changed the way they made films and we started to see some GOOD sound films. The first ones sucked. Same with the first color films, and the first films with a widescreen aspect ratio.

I saw Life of Pi last year, and the 3D was awesome. Iron Man 3 did some good things with the technology as well. See it just takes some time, innovators will figure that kinda stuff out. ;)
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Yeah... I'm somewhat with you on Thor, Jelly. I don't think it's outright bad, but its probably the weakest other than maybe Iron Man 2, which to me felt like it was totally just there because IM1 did well and they weren't getting anything else done in time to come out that summer.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Jelly wrote:
Shennifer wrote:the amount of movies that are 3D in theaters is ridiculous. I don't think it's always worth it anyway.
3D's not all bad, but as with any new innovation it takes some time for it to shift from being a novelty to being smoothly integrated into the theater experience. When sound was first introduced into film, it took studios a couple of years before they actually changed the way they made films and we started to see some GOOD sound films. The first ones sucked. Same with the first color films, and the first films with a widescreen aspect ratio.

I saw Life of Pi last year, and the 3D was awesome. Iron Man 3 did some good things with the technology as well. See it just takes some time, innovators will figure that kinda stuff out. ;)
I don't think 3D is bad, it just seems to be in almost every movie (and I personally don't want it that way but that's my opinion)

point taken though, Jelly ;)

Aeva
Pretzel
Pretzel

Post by Aeva »

Shennifer wrote:As for the Star Wars prequels, let us not forget Ewan McGregor because he was great.
QFT. Obi-wan Kenobi was my first love. :inlove:

Thor 2 could be terrible, and I'll still go see it because LOKI. \:D/
But break my heart, for I must hold my tongue. --Hamlet.
StrongNChrist ~ Remembered Forever <3
Men who kill without reason cannot be reasoned with. --Stoic the Vast
Let's go down together for one more chance. The skeletons are screaming for one last dance. --Hawthorne Heights
Tell 'em turn it up 'til they can't no more. Let's get this thing shakin' like a disco ball. This is your last warning, a courtesy call. --TFK
You have nice manners for a thief and a liar. --Smaug
I know you mean well, but leave me be. Yes, I'm alone, but I'm alone and free. --Elsa
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Aeva wrote:
Shennifer wrote:As for the Star Wars prequels, let us not forget Ewan McGregor because he was great.

Oh Loki....I've gained a new interest in you ;)
Aeva, have you heard about Loki's fate in this film? Because I have

jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

If you guys keep obsessing over creepy male actors, I get to keep posting pictures of Natalie Portman.
Aeva
Pretzel
Pretzel

Post by Aeva »

Shennifer wrote:
Aeva wrote:

Oh Loki....I've gained a new interest in you ;)
Aeva, have you heard about Loki's fate in this film? Because I have
No, I haven't.... *is suddenly very nervous* But I guess I'd rather wait to find out during the film.

Go for it, Jelly. \:D/ There is a clear, unfair double-standard in this area, and I encourage you to break down the barrier.
Let's go down together for one more chance. The skeletons are screaming for one last dance. --Hawthorne Heights
Tell 'em turn it up 'til they can't no more. Let's get this thing shakin' like a disco ball. This is your last warning, a courtesy call. --TFK
I know you mean well, but leave me be. Yes, I'm alone, but I'm alone and free. --Elsa
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Pretty pictures, very nice....

:lol: hahaha! nice gif, Jelly. That part was hilarious.

Edit:
New Trailer! \:D/ *fangirl squee*

Last edited by Shennifer on Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Aeva
Pretzel
Pretzel

Post by Aeva »

LOKI LOKI LOKI LOKI LOKI.

*fangirls aggressively*

*may have a mild problem*

*doesn't care*
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Aeva wrote:LOKI LOKI LOKI LOKI LOKI.

*fangirls aggressively*

*may have a mild problem*

*doesn't care*
*joins the fangirlling*
I can't wait till November \:D/

too bad I probably can't go to the midnight showing, but however I'll see it on break
Last edited by Shennifer on Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Does the ToO not see popular movies on release weekend? >_>

Anyway, it wasn't my FAVORITE MOVIE OF ALL TIME, but I enjoyed it... at least in the top half of stuff from Marvel Studios.

We got to see a lot of Dr. Selvig, which was nice. >_>
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

I saw this Saturday... was this opening weekend? O.o

ANYWAY. I enjoyed it. It wasn't *that* much greater than the first film, imo; they're both good. I couldn't pick a favorite between the two.
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein