Thor: The Dark World

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

I think I just figured something out.

It's the hypnotic vampire eyes. They provoke sinful levels of attraction from girls.
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

...except for the fact that Rob isn't really that attractive ;)

But Tom, however... :inlove:
Last edited by Musical Shutterbug on Thu May 16, 2013 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*insert provocative quote here*
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Oooo, my eyes are (close enough) to that! I wonder if it would work for me... :-k
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Aeva
Pretzel
Pretzel

Post by Aeva »

None of those vegetarian vampires are very attractive. :noway: (With the possible exception of Garrett, because he is played by Lee Pace. :- I have yet to see the Breaking Dawn films and cannot make a final judgement about the matter.)

Elves, however.... :inlove:

But break my heart, for I must hold my tongue. --Hamlet.
StrongNChrist ~ Remembered Forever <3
Men who kill without reason cannot be reasoned with. --Stoic the Vast
Let's go down together for one more chance. The skeletons are screaming for one last dance. --Hawthorne Heights
Tell 'em turn it up 'til they can't no more. Let's get this thing shakin' like a disco ball. This is your last warning, a courtesy call. --TFK
You have nice manners for a thief and a liar. --Smaug
I know you mean well, but leave me be. Yes, I'm alone, but I'm alone and free. --Elsa
Blitz
Love to love

Post by Blitz »

Why have we switched to eyes??? ](*,)
Online family
Christian's nephew
Sammy's Bro and moderator between Sammy and Woody and her partner in randomnes
Woody's younger brother and best friend And married to Joy and forgot about it Dolls third cousin
Yes, since my sweetheart lives in the clouds
I must float on them. - Limerick

Blitz....do not flirt when you have a gf already!!!! Gahhhhhh..these tweens need to learn proper gentlemanly behaviour!!!
Blitz: I am a teen
* Black_Ghost buries the two peeps...err chicks...err dude and a chick
'Here lies blitz the dude, and IT the chick.
* IrishTiger is not being buried beside Blitz.
Doll knows everything about her sweet baboo
BECAUSE SHE STALKS HIM
Woody
Check out my blog by order of the king.
http://blitzkrieglight.blogspot.com/
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

Blitz wrote:Why have we switched to eyes??? ](*,)
Because Orlando Bloom's eyes are hot. Duh.
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

Jelly wrote:I think I just figured something out.

It's the hypnotic vampire eyes. They provoke sinful levels of attraction from girls.
Maybe this is why Hiddleston is now playing a vampire?!! I never thought about that. WOW.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Comic book movie thread has degenerated into lustful sinfulness. :(

But kudos to Marvel for casting so that EVERYONE wants to see their movies. \:D/
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Aeva wrote:
Elves, however.... :inlove:

Orlando Bloom and his utter gorgeousness...GAH. I'm shamelessly obsessed with him \:D/
Aeva wrote:I have yet to see the Breaking Dawn films and cannot make a final judgement about the matter.)
I'm going to put in a good word for Jamie Campbell Bower. He's a decent actor. And he's pretty cute. And he's British. And he has awesome blonde hair O:) It will be interesting to see how well he performs in the Mortal Instruments when it comes out in a few months.
They destroyed his blue eyes in the Twilight Saga, though :x
Aeva! You've completely sparked my curiosity. What are your thoughts on Alex Pettyfer? \:D/
Aeva
Pretzel
Pretzel

Post by Aeva »

I'm not exactly obsessed with Orlando Bloom, but I'm definitely obsessed with Legolas. :inlove: And Jamie Campbell Bower does look pretty cute, as does Alex Pettyfer, although I actually haven't seen either of them in a film. \:D/ (What did I spark your curiosity about? Hot, English actors? \:D/ )
Last edited by Aeva on Sat May 25, 2013 6:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Let's go down together for one more chance. The skeletons are screaming for one last dance. --Hawthorne Heights
Tell 'em turn it up 'til they can't no more. Let's get this thing shakin' like a disco ball. This is your last warning, a courtesy call. --TFK
I know you mean well, but leave me be. Yes, I'm alone, but I'm alone and free. --Elsa
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Aeva wrote:And Jamie Campbell Bower does look pretty cute, as does Alex Pettyfer

Um. Juuuuuust slightly cute. *dies* Okay. Much more than just slightly :p
Aeva wrote:although I actually haven't seen either of them in a film. \:D/
I would wait to see The Mortal Instruments for a (hopefully!) exquisite display of Bower's acting capabilities. Until then, there are plenty of hilarious Youtube videos of him being a general goofball \:D/ He's certainly an adorable British man.

Alex Pettyfer is in a few good films....some are just okay. He's really matured as an actor over the years. He was young when he starred in Alex Rider: Stormbreaker, and I know that almost all of the Alex Rider fandom members have mixed feelings on that film. (Myself included.) But Alex totally stole the show, I'll give him that \:D/ I wish he would invest his career in more action movies, because that's when I, personally, feel that he's at his strongest. I Am Number Four is a great example of this. And if you want to see him in a romance, then you might enjoy Beastly. (Although Vanessa Hudgens drives me crazy. Ugh :x )

...and then there's always Magic Mike, if you're into movies about strippers :anxious:
Aeva wrote:(What did I spark your curiosity about? Hot, English actors? \:D/ )
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Musical Shutterbug wrote:
Aeva wrote:And Jamie Campbell Bower does look pretty cute, as does Alex Pettyfer

Um. Juuuuuust slightly cute. *dies* Okay. Much more than just slightly :p
Aeva wrote:
...and then there's always Magic Mike, if you're into movies about strippers :anxious:
sounds like Aeva's type of movie :-

Till the end of the line.
Aeva
Pretzel
Pretzel

Post by Aeva »

Musical Shutterbug wrote:
Aeva wrote:(What did I spark your curiosity about? Hot, English actors? \:D/ )
I love that. :lol:

I actually have heard of The Mortal Instruments, and I will probably go see that when it comes out. It looks really interesting, especially because Aidan Turner has a part. :inlove: Beastly did look good too, but, like you, I don't particularly like Vanessa Hudgens. I'll put it on my list of movies that I eventually intend to watch and see if I get around to it. \:D/
Sh'nooka wrote:
Musical Shutterbug wrote:...and then there's always Magic Mike, if you're into movies about strippers :anxious:
Sounds like Aeva's type of movie :-
O:)

(Before anyone freaks out, I seriously have no interest in stripper movies.)
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Aeva wrote: O:)

(Before anyone freaks out, I seriously have no interest in stripper movies.)
Well, considering how much money was raked in, SOMEONE out there is going to see stripper movies \:D/

EDIT: I came back to this post three days later and saw my messed up quote tags that the mods didn't fix :x So I fixed them myself \:D/
Last edited by Musical Shutterbug on Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:09 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

I enjoyed Beastly... just saying. If that's your idea of hott, English actors, then GIVE ME MORE MOVIE TITLES. \:D/
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Musical Shutterbug wrote:Well, considering how much money was raked in, SOMEONE out there is going to see stripper movies \:D/
I actually worked at a movie theater during Magic Mike's theater run, and trust me, the stereotype was disturbing. It was always groups of two or three middle-aged women, giggling and gushing and being loud. And then there was the occasional male, dragged along by his girlfriend, hiding his face in shame. My friends at the theater and I joked that you could spot a 'Magic Mike party' from a mile away. I actually had one brief conversation with an older, overweight women towing a three year-old girl behind her, where I made a comment about the director of the film and how it must be a well-written story. She said something like, "Story? Who cares? I'm only here for the hot naked men!"

Now imagine if the gender roles were reversed. >_>
Last edited by jelly on Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Jelly wrote:Now imagine if the gender roles were reversed. >_>
Oh my word. That would be the most miserable thing on the planet. The hatred, accusations, and condemnations that would be generated toward men...
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

Thor is epic.

Let that one sentence steer this thread into the right of on-topicness.
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Thor is also very, very, VERY good-looking. :incnt:

*cough* So, apparently there's a trailer for the second movie before Man of Steel? Youtube here I come. \:D/

Ooooooooooooooo
Love you always, SnC
Kait
Feminazi Extraordinaire

Post by Kait »

I know I'm late to the game, but:

Magic Mike actually DOES have a good story. It was surprisingly dark and "deep."

I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THOR. I have the world's biggest fan girl crush on Chris Hemsworth. He is a beautiful man.
"Any aspect of your faith which you do not question, is the one which should be questioned most."
"I totally approve of toddlers getting married." -Continental Admiral (aka Baragon)