Thor: The Dark World

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Caswin wrote:
Shennifer wrote:I don't want Jane to die, but I do hope the romance is more believable here.
I don't know what to say about "believable", but I actually thought that the romance in Thor was one of the best cinematic love stories I've seen in years.

...although that probably says at least as much about Thor's competition as it does about the movie itself.
well, it's just that in the first movie the romance seemed kinda forced, especially at first. But I do like Jane and Thor together, and by end it got better. Which is what I hope will continue in this sequel.

Till the end of the line.
Aeva
Pretzel
Pretzel

Post by Aeva »

Shennifer wrote:
Blitz wrote:So I have like a thousand male people I know who lok better than loki. He is pure evil.
He may be evil, but he's a complex character with issues.
QFT

He's misguided, yes, and fairly crazy, but I still believe he will come back to the good side. :inlove:
Shennifer wrote:So you hush, AE :noway:
QFT again. You go, girl. \:D/
But break my heart, for I must hold my tongue. --Hamlet.
StrongNChrist ~ Remembered Forever <3
Men who kill without reason cannot be reasoned with. --Stoic the Vast
Let's go down together for one more chance. The skeletons are screaming for one last dance. --Hawthorne Heights
Tell 'em turn it up 'til they can't no more. Let's get this thing shakin' like a disco ball. This is your last warning, a courtesy call. --TFK
You have nice manners for a thief and a liar. --Smaug
I know you mean well, but leave me be. Yes, I'm alone, but I'm alone and free. --Elsa
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

Actually, the guy who plays Loki actually looks pretty good, based on other pictures I've seen of him.

Shen is right, Kim Kardashian is a spoiled brat.

Loki is the character who sparks the conflict, so you kind of need him. I thought the actor did an amazing job at portraying and carrying himself for the role.
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Aeva wrote:
Shennifer wrote:
Blitz wrote:So I have like a thousand male people I know who lok better than loki. He is pure evil.
He may be evil, but he's a complex character with issues.
QFT

He's misguided, yes, and fairly crazy, but I still believe he will come back to the good side. :inlove:
Shennifer wrote:So you hush, AE :noway:
QFT again. You go, girl. \:D/
:highfive: :laughat: who run the world? Girls.

And I too hope Loki comes back to the good side, the beautiful, misguided soul

Blitz
Love to love

Post by Blitz »

In the beginning he wasn't bad.
Online family
Christian's nephew
Sammy's Bro and moderator between Sammy and Woody and her partner in randomnes
Woody's younger brother and best friend And married to Joy and forgot about it Dolls third cousin
Yes, since my sweetheart lives in the clouds
I must float on them. - Limerick

Blitz....do not flirt when you have a gf already!!!! Gahhhhhh..these tweens need to learn proper gentlemanly behaviour!!!
Blitz: I am a teen
* Black_Ghost buries the two peeps...err chicks...err dude and a chick
'Here lies blitz the dude, and IT the chick.
* IrishTiger is not being buried beside Blitz.
Doll knows everything about her sweet baboo
BECAUSE SHE STALKS HIM
Woody
Check out my blog by order of the king.
http://blitzkrieglight.blogspot.com/
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Indeed. He was tragically misunderstood, and started to go dark side.

Caswin
Found

Post by Caswin »

Blitz wrote:In the beginning he wasn't bad.

I am suddenly getting ideas for a sequel which would probably have to take place on or around Christmas because mistletoe would play a fundamental role...

Also, I actually wrote something about what's going on in Loki's head in a new-viewer's guide to Avengers that's probably longer than it needs to be.

In his defense, he has had a rather difficult life, with a multitude of issues that can be traced back to his Frost-Giant parentage, his rivalry with Thor, seeking approval from the Sky-Father Odin, and an ego that simply will not permit him to take a sustained look at himself or his actions, so really, what else is there for him to do?

(Otherwise, I'd try to figure out just where he stood at the beginning, but I haven't seen the movie in... huh. Well, maybe next time.)
Last edited by Caswin on Wed May 01, 2013 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Novacom transmission... one, two, three... testing, one, two, three...
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

He was scheming from the very beginning to have Thor ousted so he could become the king of stupid shiny place. >_> I'm not sure where this beginning where he wasn't bad was... >_>

Unless ALL of it was an elaborate scheme to force the Avengers to form and protect the earth. \:D/
Blitz
Love to love

Post by Blitz »

The Top Crusader wrote:He was scheming from the very beginning to have Thor ousted so he could become the king of stupid shiny place. >_> I'm not sure where this beginning where he wasn't bad was... >_>

Unless ALL of it was an elaborate scheme to force the Avengers to form and protect the earth. \:D/
No he wanted to prove himself better than an ice giant. Since he is partially ice giant.
Online family
Christian's nephew
Woody's younger brother and best friend And married to Joy and forgot about it Dolls third cousin

Blitz....do not flirt when you have a gf already!!!! Gahhhhhh..these tweens need to learn proper gentlemanly behaviour!!!
BECAUSE SHE STALKS HIM
Woody
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

Blitz wrote:
The Top Crusader wrote:He was scheming from the very beginning to have Thor ousted so he could become the king of stupid shiny place. >_> I'm not sure where this beginning where he wasn't bad was... >_>

No he wanted to prove himself better than an ice giant. Since he is partially ice giant.
Dear Blitz: please do not argue with Top about Marvel Comics... it will not end in your favor... sincerely Taps.
Blitz
Love to love

Post by Blitz »

I do not want to. Just stating fact. * Disappears*
Online family
Christian's nephew

BECAUSE SHE STALKS HIM
Woody
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

The movie opens with Loki letting in ice giants during Thor's acceptance of the kingdom, causing Thor to get mad and go start a war so that Odin will be mad and shout "I CAST YOU OUT!!!"

So... yeah. That sounds bad to me. He had a convoluted scheme to also defeat his true father the ice giant but that was separate and also just so he could rule Asgard.
Aeva
Pretzel
Pretzel

Post by Aeva »

Like Shen and I have said, he is obviously misguided. \:D/

The way I see it:
Plotting against Thor: bad.
Plotting against the ice giants: well-intentioned but bad.
Trying to take over the world: also bad.

But I don't care, because I love a hot, conflicted villain. :inlove:
But break my heart, for I must hold my tongue. --Hamlet.
StrongNChrist ~ Remembered Forever <3
Men who kill without reason cannot be reasoned with. --Stoic the Vast
Let's go down together for one more chance. The skeletons are screaming for one last dance. --Hawthorne Heights
Tell 'em turn it up 'til they can't no more. Let's get this thing shakin' like a disco ball. This is your last warning, a courtesy call. --TFK
You have nice manners for a thief and a liar. --Smaug
I know you mean well, but leave me be. Yes, I'm alone, but I'm alone and free. --Elsa
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Aeva wrote:Like Shen and I have said, he is obviously misguided. \:D/

The way I see it:
Plotting against Thor: bad.
Plotting against the ice giants: well-intentioned but bad.
Trying to take over the world: also bad.

But I don't care, because I love a hot, conflicted villain. :inlove:
And I love me some hot, conflicted villians :inlove: (like the one in your avatar, Aeva)

And lets not forget, Thor was an arrogant idiot at first and Loki was the smart one.

The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Smart by inviting invaders into his kingdom, yes. :(
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

The Top Crusader wrote:Smart by inviting invaders into his kingdom, yes. :(
no, more like not be hot headed and try to negotiate instead.

Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

Yeah, that's what I liked about Loki, he was a diplomat and a spy. I realize diplomacy doesn't always work, but it sure is fun to see other people squirm when you beat them without actually fighting.
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

The trailer for this film did not impress me like the Iron Man 3 trailers did... We will have to see, but right now I'm not to excited for this film.
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

Taps wrote:The trailer for this film did not impress me like the Iron Man 3 trailers did... We will have to see, but right now I'm not to excited for this film.
I said the same about Iron Man 3, because the trailers looked really boring and disinteresting, and I walked out going "Oh man. Don't top Star Trek, don't top Star Trek, don't top Star Trek..." needless to say: it's another battle of Best Movie of the Year for me, and I don't see Star Trek until the 16th of May. *and ever since the year started, I had only a hope Star Trek and Jack Ryan would be competing for #1. Boy am I wrong!*

Thor: The Dark World looks fantastic. I love Christopher Eccleston, and I'm 110% sure he will do fabulous as the main villain. I really, really want to know Loki's part in this movie, and the whole interaction with Thor is amazing just in the trailer. I cannot wait to see this movie. Best belated birthday present :D Plus, Zachary Levi took over as Fandral since Josh Dallas couldn't come back, so that should be an interesting mix for the Warriors Three :D And Sif will be amazing, as will Frigga. Yeah, this Marvel Phase 2 is shaping up nicely :D

And Tom Hiddleston is dashing. Sorry AE, but I have a bit of a crush on Tom, and his Loki, and much of his acting. *and it may be hard to believe, but he did used to have curly, blond hair. A stark difference from the Loki hair* Not everyone likes him or his appearance or acting, but ya know. It's all about respect.
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

Hopefully, Sif will be amazing. I wonder how they will get Loki back in the action. I can't wait for this movie!
#FOREVERKITTY