Arrow

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

No fear; you weren’t holding me up or anything, I got behind for a bit. Still am, actually.

I don’t think you’ve actually posted about any of season three yet, so please feel free to recap your thoughts to this point if you want, I’d love to hear them. :)
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Amazing episode tonight; gave me so many feels

Till the end of the line.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I have also stalled on this show! :mad: Rather than trying to rush back up (since I’m still not able to restart anyway so I’d just fall behind again if and when I did) I think I’m going to binge them after the season ends.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

I am seriously stoked to see how this season ends. the last few episodes have me really excited

*breathes heavily*

Till the end of the line.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Finally catching up!

Guilty:

I didn't expect Laurel's trainer to get a part in a story, thought he was just an auxiliary figure.

Boxing glove arrow! :lol:

I don't get the Roy dilemma. If he did do it, it wasn't his fault. They know under mirakuru you don't have control. So how does cutting him bring justice for anything? He's back in control now, there shouldn't be an issue with him, other than awkwardness.
It's to draw the parallel with the 'original' sidekick storyline I guess, to see how Oliver chooses to respond.

Aha, I wondered if that would come back to haunt Roy. That's actually a pretty good explanation for the false memory.

Another archer? This city is just a magnet for them I guess. Wonder who this is.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

SO I lost interest and more or less gave up on this show, but a couple weeks ago I saw a picture of Stephen Amell shaking hands with one of my favorite wrestlers, then last Monday night he was in the front row at WWE Monday Night RAW and picked a fight with a weird wrestler dude, and apparently they are going to have a match at the big summer pay per view, so at least he is doing something worthwhile. \:D/
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

I watched season 1 of Arrow and I enjoyed it moderately. It was my "by myself" show as opposed to watching with others, so mostly just for late-night boredom or task avoidance.
I love the character of Arrow, but his backstory is really crazy. He was on the most inhabited deserted island in history (well, so was Gilligan...). I'm finally used to the back-and-forth storytelling of modern television where we see 10 minutes of backstory mixed in with 32 minutes of current-time.
After all of the angst of the characters, combined with the loss of the most redeemable character Tommy, and some apparently influential reviews online that I read, I think I will give this show a pass. They kept comparing it to Daredevil, which lacked the teenagery angst but still showed the struggles of a character who doesn't always win.

I really did like the archer guy Oliver Queen: I love archery and would totally take it up as a hobby if I had time and money and eyesight. Finally, a male archer to get excited about! We had Katniss, so now it's time for Green Arrow!

TOP CRUSADER, YOU HAVE FAILED THIS CITY!!!!! :-
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry: