Agents of SHIELD

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!

Agents of SHIELD

Postby bookworm » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:38 pm

I wanted to check this show out because I thought it looked cool, but I was worried I wouldn’t be able to follow along since I haven’t seen any Marvel movies. But I watched the pilot episode and I liked it a lot. There were some references I didn’t get, but they didn’t keep me from understanding and enjoying.
Image
ToO Historian
ToO Historian
User avatar
bookworm

 
Posts: 14383
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:10 pm
Location: reading or on the computer
Age: 27
Gender: Male

Cash on hand: 1,315.90
Bank: 56,000.00

Re: Agents of SHIELD

Postby Shennifer » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:57 pm

you should watch the Marvel movies too; then you will understand the references.

The next episode is tonight \:D/
Image

Till the end of the line.
Random sister
Random sister
User avatar
Shennifer

figuring out life: one dream at a time

 
Posts: 5785
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:19 pm
Location: norcal
Age: 28
Gender: Female

Cash on hand: 1,369.33
Bank: 0.00
Blog: View Blog (13)

Re: Agents of SHIELD

Postby bookworm » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:59 pm

I know, I plan to sometime, but it won’t be in the foreseeable future. So I hope the show stays understandable to newbies.
Image
ToO Historian
ToO Historian
User avatar
bookworm

 
Posts: 14383
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:10 pm
Location: reading or on the computer
Age: 27
Gender: Male

Cash on hand: 1,315.90
Bank: 56,000.00

Re: Agents of SHIELD

Postby Musical Shutterbug » Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:24 pm

It's too early for me to form an opinion. I liked what I saw in the first episode...but mostly because I could see so much potential in the storyline. We'll have to wait and see.
Image
Lisa Hammit, Our StrongNChrist {1991-2011}
Missed and loved :hug:

Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict
User avatar
Musical Shutterbug

 
Posts: 7618
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:35 am

Cash on hand: 16.58
Bank: 1,653.48

Re: Agents of SHIELD

Postby Catspaw » Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:48 pm

I also liked the first episode. I have seen the Marvel movies it's connected to, but I can see how it could be watched apart from that. The mysterious reference to something that Agent Coulson "can never know" made me quite curious. I'm hoping that it turns out to be something good and doesn't drag out forever and end up being something lame. But I have high hopes that they'll do a good job!
Image
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
User avatar
Catspaw

 
Posts: 28237
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Canada
Age: 33
Gender: Female

Cash on hand: 6,251.99
Bank: 1,958.31

Re: Agents of SHIELD

Postby bookworm » Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:22 pm

Catspaw wrote:The mysterious reference to something that Agent Coulson "can never know" made me quite curious. I'm hoping that it turns out to be something good and doesn't drag out forever and end up being something lame.
Oh, was that an in-series tease? I thought it was one of the references I didn’t get. (That’s the thing about having no background in this, I don’t know when I don’t get something because I don’t know the context vs. when I don’t get something and no one else does either.)
Image
ToO Historian
ToO Historian
User avatar
bookworm

 
Posts: 14383
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:10 pm
Location: reading or on the computer
Age: 27
Gender: Male

Cash on hand: 1,315.90
Bank: 56,000.00

Re: Agents of SHIELD

Postby Fang-wa » Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:19 pm

So far, I really really like this show. :D

bookworm wrote:
Catspaw wrote:The mysterious reference to something that Agent Coulson "can never know" made me quite curious. I'm hoping that it turns out to be something good and doesn't drag out forever and end up being something lame.
Oh, was that an in-series tease? I thought it was one of the references I didn’t get. (That’s the thing about having no background in this, I don’t know when I don’t get something because I don’t know the context vs. when I don’t get something and no one else does either.)

Coulson was in the Avengers movie and Loki...caused that 8 seconds, if you catch my meaning. But we didn't/don't know much of what happened to him after that (Tahiti, et cetera).
Image
Avian American
Avian American
User avatar
Fang-wa

#DontTouchLola

 
Posts: 4501
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:28 pm
Location: The Yeerks are among us.
Gender: Male

Cash on hand: 87.20
Bank: 100.00
Blog: View Blog (7)

Re: Agents of SHIELD

Postby Catspaw » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:48 pm

Fang-wa wrote:So far, I really really like this show. :D

bookworm wrote:
Catspaw wrote:The mysterious reference to something that Agent Coulson "can never know" made me quite curious. I'm hoping that it turns out to be something good and doesn't drag out forever and end up being something lame.
Oh, was that an in-series tease? I thought it was one of the references I didn’t get. (That’s the thing about having no background in this, I don’t know when I don’t get something because I don’t know the context vs. when I don’t get something and no one else does either.)

Coulson was in the Avengers movie and Loki...caused that 8 seconds, if you catch my meaning. But we didn't/don't know much of what happened to him after that (Tahiti, et cetera).

Yeah, in the Avengers movie, Agent Coulson was killed (or "killed," as we now know), so I was happy to see him alive for the TV show, but because it was said that he was dead in the movie (well, I always hoped he was really alive, and I'm sure others did too, and there was a little hint to provide some hope in that direction) then it makes me quite curious as to what they did to make him not really dead. He keeps saying that Tahiti was a magical place. This is a guy who has experienced some odd stuff in his line of work. Was it magical like Disneyland or magical like some crazy thing that fans will make theories about and all be wrong about because it's even cooler? ;)
Image
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
User avatar
Catspaw

 
Posts: 28237
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Canada
Age: 33
Gender: Female

Cash on hand: 6,251.99
Bank: 1,958.31

Re: Agents of SHIELD

Postby bookworm » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:05 pm

Liked the second episode even more, I’m really glad I looked into this!
Image
ToO Historian
ToO Historian
User avatar
bookworm

 
Posts: 14383
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:10 pm
Location: reading or on the computer
Age: 27
Gender: Male

Cash on hand: 1,315.90
Bank: 56,000.00

Re: Agents of SHIELD

Postby Termite » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:41 pm

Wait, so this is post Avengers? For some reason I thought it was before the movies. :-k
Image
Love you always, SnC
"Satan can't take your joy unless he disturbs your sense of right-standing with God." -Roy H Hicks
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
"Stop boring me and think. It's the new sexy." -Sherlock
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance
User avatar
Termite

was eaten by a dinosaur.

 
Posts: 6626
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:34 pm
Location: *running from Tate Realtors*

Cash on hand: 296.24
Bank: 1,599.64
Blog: View Blog (4)

Re: Agents of SHIELD

Postby Shennifer » Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:39 pm

Termite wrote:Wait, so this is post Avengers? For some reason I thought it was before the movies. :-k

yeah, it's after the big battle in New York which took place in the Avengers movie
Image

Till the end of the line.
Random sister
Random sister
User avatar
Shennifer

figuring out life: one dream at a time

 
Posts: 5785
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:19 pm
Location: norcal
Age: 28
Gender: Female

Cash on hand: 1,369.33
Bank: 0.00
Blog: View Blog (13)

Re: Agents of SHIELD

Postby bookworm » Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:03 pm

Catspaw wrote:He keeps saying that Tahiti was a magical place. This is a guy who has experienced some odd stuff in his line of work. Was it magical like Disneyland or magical like some crazy thing that fans will make theories about and all be wrong about because it's even cooler? ;)
Speaking of which, I just stumbled across this interesting list.
Image
ToO Historian
ToO Historian
User avatar
bookworm

 
Posts: 14383
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:10 pm
Location: reading or on the computer
Age: 27
Gender: Male

Cash on hand: 1,315.90
Bank: 56,000.00

Re: Agents of SHIELD

Postby Catspaw » Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:09 pm

bookworm wrote:
Catspaw wrote:He keeps saying that Tahiti was a magical place. This is a guy who has experienced some odd stuff in his line of work. Was it magical like Disneyland or magical like some crazy thing that fans will make theories about and all be wrong about because it's even cooler? ;)
Speaking of which, I just stumbled across this interesting list.

Hmm, that is an interesting list! I'm really not familiar with the comics at all, so some of those theories are beyond what I would have ever thought of, but it is all quite intriguing.
Image
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
User avatar
Catspaw

 
Posts: 28237
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Canada
Age: 33
Gender: Female

Cash on hand: 6,251.99
Bank: 1,958.31

Re: Agents of SHIELD

Postby Shennifer » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:29 pm

I liked this second episode just as much. Action was fun, the banter was great. I loved how they all worked together at the end, and then it ends with a shot of the team sitting down and chilling out.

I'm sure this is all for dramatic effect, but I wish she (I forget the characters' name) hadn't texted back to the Rising Tide that she's in. I get that maybe she's not completely loyal to Shield yet, and that she's still more loyal to her own organization, but I was expecting a little more hesitation. Oh well I'm sure it'll all be remedied soon
Image

Till the end of the line.
Random sister
Random sister
User avatar
Shennifer

figuring out life: one dream at a time

 
Posts: 5785
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:19 pm
Location: norcal
Age: 28
Gender: Female

Cash on hand: 1,369.33
Bank: 0.00
Blog: View Blog (13)

Re: Agents of SHIELD

Postby Whitty Whit » Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:17 pm

I totally approve of this new show! I love it! Coulson is definitely awesome as the group's leader, even if Tahiti is a magical place. I am excited to see this much potential in all the characters.
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Image
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.

#FOREVERKITTY
Whittier than you
Whittier than you
User avatar
Whitty Whit

SnC. I miss you!

 
Posts: 5963
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:21 pm
Location: Somewhere
Age: 3

Cash on hand: 781.26
Bank: 0.00

Re: Agents of SHIELD

Postby Fang-wa » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:42 pm

Shennifer wrote:I liked this second episode just as much. Action was fun, the banter was great. I loved how they all worked together at the end, and then it ends with a shot of the team sitting down and chilling out.

I'm sure this is all for dramatic effect, but I wish she (I forget the characters' name) hadn't texted back to the Rising Tide that she's in. I get that maybe she's not completely loyal to Shield yet, and that she's still more loyal to her own organization, but I was expecting a little more hesitation. Oh well I'm sure it'll all be remedied soon

Episode 2 spoiler(s):
(Skye.) That annoyed me too. Mostly because there was a happy, conclusive ending I liked and they messed it up with a cliff-hanger. :P But I think it was a good cliff-hanger. And there was the scene afterward with Nick Fury and Agent Coulson, so the episode didn't end on that note. I'm interested to see where this storyline with her, and the Rising Tide in general, goes.
Image
Avian American
Avian American
User avatar
Fang-wa

#DontTouchLola

 
Posts: 4501
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:28 pm
Location: The Yeerks are among us.
Gender: Male

Cash on hand: 87.20
Bank: 100.00
Blog: View Blog (7)

Re: Agents of SHIELD

Postby Kaida » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:57 am

I checked this show out. I didn't really like it. I don't know. I think it was a bit too focused on comedy, maybe? I don't really know. I like how they tied this in with the past Marvel movies, but there were parts that I thought were meh. Like Coulson's car, Lola. And the fishtank thing at the end of the second episode. I'm still gonna watch to see if I start liking it later on, but I was really hoping this show would've been more intense.
I like chocolate milk. - Cheese
Whale you be my friend?
User avatar
Kaida

is snubs' friend.

 
Posts: 485
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:33 pm
Location: the Neverland
Age: 25
Gender: Female

Cash on hand: 123.37
Bank: 1,100.00

Re: Agents of SHIELD

Postby The Top Crusader » Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:26 pm

Going in I obviously didn't expect a movie-quality budget and acting, etc, so I don't think I had my hopes too high, but so far, two episodes in, I just find it okay. Of course, lots of shows that end up being great have slow starts, so I'm not too concerned yet. I do like Coulson being in a big role, unlike the movies where he was typically in the background, and I like that every episode so far has had a tie to a previous Marvel Studios film. I did think they dragged the "don't touch Lola" joke out longer than necessary, but I was pretty happy to see the 1960's SHIELD flying car. Was it even in the second episode? I only half watched it. >_>

I dunno, this kind of show is hard for me to get into weekly... I'd rather just wait until the seasons over and watch it all at once. I wonder if they are going to shoehorn a Thor-centric episode, and maybe a cameo to promote Thor 2 next month...
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
User avatar
The Top Crusader

Old... but not obsolete.

 
Posts: 22236
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 1:04 am
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side
Age: 36
Gender: Male

Cash on hand: 9,999,999,994,415,312.00
Bank: 5,584,680.26
Highscores: 1
Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: Agents of SHIELD

Postby Kaida » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:51 pm

I'm probably gonna do that same thing. Wait til the season is over and then watch it all at once.
I like chocolate milk. - Cheese
Whale you be my friend?
User avatar
Kaida

is snubs' friend.

 
Posts: 485
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:33 pm
Location: the Neverland
Age: 25
Gender: Female

Cash on hand: 123.37
Bank: 1,100.00

Re: Agents of SHIELD

Postby Fang-wa » Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:26 pm

The second and third episodes have taken two watchings for me to really like them, but I'm still liking the show! \:D/ I saw the first, and then the other episodes to date have been like "Meh, okay but not as cool as the last episode(s). *watches a second time* Okay, it is a worthy addition to the show. :D"

I like what happened with Skye in the third episode, too. That's an interesting development in the arc. ^_^
Image
Avian American
Avian American
User avatar
Fang-wa

#DontTouchLola

 
Posts: 4501
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:28 pm
Location: The Yeerks are among us.
Gender: Male

Cash on hand: 87.20
Bank: 100.00
Blog: View Blog (7)

Next

Return to Harlequin Theatre

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron