Agents of SHIELD

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I wondered if that was it.
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

Shennifer wrote:
I don't think Skye had any reason to lie at the end. She had been caught and she had nothing to gain by lying.

Her and Miles hooking up was a bit of a surprise, but not necessarily in a bad way.

Too bad about that street performer, but I'm curious about the people behind that organization.

Overall I liked this episode quite a bit; I thought it was funny how they just left Miles in China and didn't take him home.
I like how Colson was in this episode. More agent like, still kind.
bookworm wrote:Why wasn’t there an episode this week? :-k
Knight Fisher wrote:ABC tends to do this with most of their shows. I'm assuming they didn't want to compete with baseball.

http://shieldtv.net/oh-no-theres-a-repe ... s-the-deal

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

I can't wait for the new episode. \:D/ I love this show so much. I also found out that one of my older adult friends watches this show.
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
Astronomer
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Astronomer »

The new episode was much better than some of the previous. Maybe the best so far.
Fitz and Simmons played it perfectly and Coulson is starting to show a heart!
A good solid episode. I'm thinking it has finally hit its stride.
My blog: http://www.jessericebooks.blogspot.com Where I talk about stuff and the book(s) I've published.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Such a good one. I really liked Fitz and Simmons' interactions and how the threat wasn't an alien this time.

it was much more personal and i like that.

Till the end of the line.
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

I haven't watched it yet. I'm away from home and want to watch it in the comfort of my own system. :P
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Good episode. It was nice to have a different kind of story.

-- 26 Nov 2013 10:53 am --

This was a solid episode. Good story and good character development, instead of going with one over the other.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

It was interesting seeing how Ward was affected by the staff, and what it brought out in his memory. Added more to his character.
People got really crazy; that just reminds me that sometimes it's people who are the enemy (though I know that the rage wasn't entirely their fault, they still sought out the weapon that made them that way. which makes them idiots in my opinion)
I felt bad for Skye, though, when Ward yelled at her.

I personally wouldnt' mind if Skye and Ward eventually ended up together. Course it almost looks like May and Ward hooked up, though I hope they just had a drink and a heart to heart.

bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

This one was pretty good. The story was interesting, and I thought the Thor tie-in was pretty clever. Not just making an episode Thor related, but having it actually connect to the movie that just came out.
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

I haven't seen Thor 2, so I'm glad there weren't that many spoilers.

I LOVED this one. The berserker story line was a great choice. Yeah I'm not quite sure what to make of Ward and May's ending scene if they did hook up or what.
#FOREVERKITTY
Astronomer
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Astronomer »

Well. Episode 9 was pretty good. We found out what happened between May and Ward last episode. And we found out a bit about May's back story. No more Coulson back story (unfortunately). I thought the end (tag?) scene was a little dumb, but at least it showed May was starting to move on. And, while this isn't the best series on TV now (I like Once Upon a Time in Wonderland better) it has become a fairly solid show.
My blog: http://www.jessericebooks.blogspot.com Where I talk about stuff and the book(s) I've published.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

I did like this episode, overall. Didn't completely like that May and Ward hooked up....just seemed a bit out of character.

Anyway, I did appreciate learning more about May's past and how that affects her now. It was touching, at the end. And I'm glad her and Skye seem to get along better now (though they didn't always hit it off)
Fitz and Simmons trying to prank Skye was awesome. They are so adorably awesome (and Skye even believed them too)

great ending, because it showed May softening a bit.

bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I agree the May and Ward thing was out of character. It would have been better if they had just gotten together to talk things over.

This episode started out feeling a lot like the current season of Revolution. Mental powers that are causing deadly problems because the person doesn't know how to control them.

This is the first one I didn't really like. The story was meh. Good character development though, for both May and Skye.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

It was good to see that guy from the first episode again. Glad he was doing better.

Return of previous villains for the mid-season finale, as generally expected.
I felt bad for Skye, what with trying to find out about her parents. I wonder why Coulson and May don't want to tell her the truth (whatever that truth happens to be).
I was surprised when they wanted Coulson and not what's-his-name. but apparently we'll find out all about Coulson's death next episode; definitely looking forward to it. I can't wait to see the whole team united and trying to get their leader back

Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

The thought going round is that they are setting Coulson up as Skye's dad. I'm still undecided about that one.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

I think it's kinda hilarious that May and Ward hooked up. I tend to lean toward what KF is saying about Coulson... I don't like that idea though. But overall, I am LOVING this show and the development of all the characters is good. I hope they aren't going to pull another Firefly/Terra Nova on us though.
#FOREVERKITTY
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Whitty Whit wrote:
I think it's kinda hilarious that May and Ward hooked up. I tend to lean toward what KF is saying about Coulson... I don't like that idea though. But overall, I am LOVING this show and the development of all the characters is good. I hope they aren't going to pull another Firefly/Terra Nova on us though.
what do you mean by "pull another Firefly/Terra Nova"?

Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

Shennifer wrote:
Whitty Whit wrote:
Those shows were cancelled after one season, much to the audience's chagrin and disappointment. I hope that this show gets to continue through multiple seasons.
#FOREVERKITTY
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Whitty Whit wrote:
Shennifer wrote:
Whitty Whit wrote:
Those shows were cancelled after one season, much to the audience's chagrin and disappointment. I hope that this show gets to continue through multiple seasons.
I figured that's what you meant but since I've only seen Firefly and not Terra Nova, I thought I'd ask anyway.
I like this show, and hope it keeps going and keeps improving

bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Heh, I completely forgot there was an underlying villain in all this.

Very cool to bring back the guy from the pilot.

Wow, it even connects to Eye Spy. Very neat.

How did SHIELD not anticipate the bad guys going for the son when they brought him in? Family collateral is the classic counter to something like this.
Knight Fisher wrote:
The thought going round is that they are setting Coulson up as Skye's dad. I'm still undecided about that one.
I would not be okay with that; it's too cliché and unnecessary.