Agents of SHIELD

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

This was a good episode, but I got annoyed by their reservations about treating Skye. Well, by the reason for the reservations to be exact. Their thinking that it might not be the right thing to do because of what happened with Colson. This was an entirely different situation.
He was dead and brought back to life, that's why it was a terrible ordeal. She just needed her wound healed, there shouldn't have been any of that worry. May had it right; there was a valid reservation to have, but it wasn't the alleged moral question, it was simply that this was what the Clairvoyant wanted and did they want to risk giving it to him. Fortunately it seems that didn't happen.
We finally know, at least sort of, what TAHITI is. I didn't understand about G.H. though, and because I haven't seen the movies it's another one of those things where I don't know if I'm just missing something from them, or if no one else knows either because it's just part of the show.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

bookworm wrote:This was a good episode, but I got annoyed by their reservations about treating Skye. Well, by the reason for the reservations to be exact. Their thinking that it might not be the right thing to do because of what happened with Colson. This was an entirely different situation.
He was dead and brought back to life, that's why it was a terrible ordeal. She just needed her wound healed, there shouldn't have been any of that worry. May had it right; there was a valid reservation to have, but it wasn't the alleged moral question, it was simply that this was what the Clairvoyant wanted and did they want to risk giving it to him. Fortunately it seems that didn't happen.
We finally know, at least sort of, what TAHITI is. I didn't understand about G.H. though, and because I haven't seen the movies it's another one of those things where I don't know if I'm just missing something from them, or if no one else knows either because it's just part of the show.
I've read speculation about what the G.H. is, and what Coulson saw, but it wasn't featured in the movies so you didn't miss anything bookworm.

I guess the team just wants to make sure Skye doesn't suffer/become worse because they didn't know exactly what they were doing. I understand there wasn't as much of a moral quandary this time, but it was luck that the drug worked because they didn't know how much to give her or anything else other than it might work.

Till the end of the line.
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

Shennifer wrote:
bookworm wrote:This was a good episode, but I got annoyed by their reservations about treating Skye. Well, by the reason for the reservations to be exact. Their thinking that it might not be the right thing to do because of what happened with Colson. This was an entirely different situation.
I've read speculation about what the G.H. is, and what Coulson saw, but it wasn't featured in the movies so you didn't miss anything bookworm.

I guess the team just wants to make sure Skye doesn't suffer/become worse because they didn't know exactly what they were doing. I understand there wasn't as much of a moral quandary this time, but it was luck that the drug worked because they didn't know how much to give her or anything else other than it might work.
the thing inside the G.H. looked like a Chitari body. I'm guessing. I think that they're doing a parallel thing between the bad guys using Centipede research for bad, and SHIELD is using experimental drugs from a dead Chitari. I don't know. I'm just guessing. For a while, I was really thinking that Agent Trip(p?} was going to be a double agent or something. Yeah the whole problem was that the Clairvoyant couldn't "see" Coulson for the time that he was "dead" and people were thinking that when they used the drug on Skye because she wasn't dead, the Clairvoyant could "see" them and what they were doing. But overall, I really liked this episode. And did you guys see the sneak peek for the next episode? LADY SIF FTW.
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

That sneak peek was great; I thought at first it would end with Lady Sif landing on earth and not saying anything but I'm glad it went a bit beyond that
I wonder if we'll have any mention of Thor or Loki or Odin (who is in fact being impersonated by Loki.

Anyway, I've read speculation that maybe Skye is some sort of alien and that the drug will awaken that side of her. Another possible theory of mine is that the drug itself will alter her DNA in some visible way

Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

I definitely prefer May being the traitor over Ward as she actually has some character. Unfortunately this dispels my hopes of the team going rogue and potentially pushes up the death of Fitz/Simmons.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

I hadn't thought about Ward being the traitor (which I'm not sure is the right word exactly, it's all a bit ambiguous), but yeah it adds to May's character.

I liked Skye and Ward's interactions; I definitely ship them. And it was all but confirmed in this episode that he feels something for her \:D/

really good episode overall, seeing Lady Sif, hearing about Asgard, etc.

Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

Knight Fisher wrote:
I definitely prefer May being the traitor over Ward as she actually has some character. Unfortunately this dispels my hopes of the team going rogue and potentially pushes up the death of Fitz/Simmons.
What? death of Fitz/Simmons? do you know something I don't?
Shennifer wrote:
I hadn't thought about Ward being the traitor (which I'm not sure is the right word exactly, it's all a bit ambiguous), but yeah it adds to May's character.

I liked Skye and Ward's interactions; I definitely ship them. And it was all but confirmed in this episode that he feels something for her \:D/

What do you mean by "traitor"? are you referring to the last scene when May says that "Coulson knows." to somebody?
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Whitty Whit wrote:
Knight Fisher wrote:
What? death of Fitz/Simmons? do you know something I don't?
I don't know anything. But there has been wide speculation that at some point one of them will die. Mainly because of Joss Whedon
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Shennifer wrote:

Whitty Whit wrote:
What do you mean by "traitor"? are you referring to the last scene when May says that "Coulson knows." to somebody?
I am referring to that last scene, yes. Like I said, I don't know if traitor is the right term exactly. We don't know enough yet.
and KF is right; Joss is known to kill off characters in heartbreaking ways *sobs*
Last edited by Shennifer on Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:18 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

Like Wash from Firefly....
I actually totally forgot about Joss and his penchant for killing of main characters. Although it seems way to early to do that. But now that I'm thinking about it, I predict it'll be Ward.
#FOREVERKITTY
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Whitty Whit wrote:Like Wash from Firefly....
I actually totally forgot about Joss and his penchant for killing of main characters. Although it seems way to early to do that. But now that I'm thinking about it, I predict it'll be Ward.
Joss also has killed characters that everyone likes, sometimes the nice harmless ones (Fred from Angel, Tara from Buffy the Vampire Slayer)

it might be Ward, though yes it is too soon. Joss will lull us into a false sense of security, then he'll strike

bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I haven’t seen Firefly so I don’t know if my thoughts can be confirmed or refuted by who got killed there, but it’s my thinking that there’s a big difference between killing off a central character and killing off an important character.
Everyone currently established on the show is currently too important to the running plot to kill off just now, are they not?
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

bookworm wrote:I haven’t seen Firefly so I don’t know if my thoughts can be confirmed or refuted by who got killed there, but it’s my thinking that there’s a big difference between killing off a central character and killing off an important character.
Everyone currently established on the show is currently too important to the running plot to kill off just now, are they not?
You're right; an important character is not necessarily a central one (though I would like to define "central" and "important" a little more because those terms tend to be subjective I think)

it is probably too soon to kill off anyone; it'll happen in the last, heartbreaking episodes of the series
Last edited by Shennifer on Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I liked this episode, but it felt out of place. An entirely stand alone story with its own characters dropped in and everything. Instead of being a fun one-off that gave a nice change of pace, like the last Thor one, this just felt like filler.
I share the surprise and confusion about the ending, but I think it’s unfair to jump to conclusions on what it means. May is a complex character, but I don’t see her being a traitor. We don’t know who she was calling and why, it’s possible everything is legitimate. She could be tasked by SHIELD to keep an eye on Colson for his own good because they knew he wouldn’t let Tahiti go, so she’s just informing them that he’s getting close.
Another episode with Stargate reminiscence. Whenever they say 'Asgardian' here it sounds strange to me because there the race and the adjective are both simply 'Asgard'.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

bookworm wrote:I liked this episode, but it felt out of place. An entirely stand alone story with its own characters dropped in and everything. Instead of being a fun one-off that gave a nice change of pace, like the last Thor one, this just felt like filler.
I share the surprise and confusion about the ending, but I think it’s unfair to jump to conclusions on what it means. May is a complex character, but I don’t see her being a traitor. We don’t know who she was calling and why, it’s possible everything is legitimate. She could be tasked by SHIELD to keep an eye on Colson for his own good because they knew he wouldn’t let Tahiti go, so she’s just informing them that he’s getting close.
Another episode with Stargate reminiscence. Whenever they say 'Asgardian' here it sounds strange to me because there the race and the adjective are both simply 'Asgard'.
I liked this one. It didn't feel like a party aftermath like the last Thor one (just my opinion)

I definitely agree that May is complex and that we don't know the whole story. Too bad we have to wait till April 1st for the next episode

and btw, bookworm, you should definitely see Firefly :yes:

bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I definitely plan to eventually, just haven’t gotten around to it.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

It's really good. It's unfortunate it only ran for one season (and later there was a movie)

Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

As an FYI: Do not watch the episode tonight if you don't want massive spoilers about basically every major plot detail in Captain America 2.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Thanks for the notice KF!
It doesn't matter to me though because I won't be seeing the movie any time soon.

I'm an episode behind on SHIELD right now.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

I haven't seen Winter Soldier yet, but I want to see Agents of SHIELD!

decisions, decisions....