Agents of SHIELD

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Finally started on season two.

I liked the premiere a lot. I wasn't sure how the new direction would sit with me, I liked when they were just out doing their thing but now they're in hiding and all that, but it was handled well.

Good to see Fitz still has a part in things, I had mentioned I was wondering where they would go with that. It threw me that he was just hallucinating Simmons though, now I don't know if he's actually doing okay or not.

The Agent Carter segment was great. I'm really excited for her show to start.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

I like this season a lot so far; a lot has happened in 6 episodes. I wish it wasn't on hiatus right now, but at least it'll return next week

Fitz hallucinating Simmons broke my heart when we found out. I'm glad Mack is helping him though

I live for Skye and Ward's scenes because they're fascinating. I look forward to how this season will progress

Till the end of the line.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Heavy is the Head:

Another good one, though it was pretty much just a part two to the premiere. We'll have to wait until they start up a new plot to see if the whole season will be like this. Unless this season isn't going to have one-off plot episodes and is going to be completely one focused story, which is a possibility considering the circumstances.

Simmons "abandoned" them? That's why she hasn't been around yet, she's gone? I thought she was just off working at another base. That's not cool. How could she leave?

-- 04 Nov 2014 01:54 pm --

Making Friends and Influencing People:

Oh yeah I forgot about that ice kid.

Okay, Simmons didn't leave, she's a mole. That's much better.

I believe Ward is sincere. I never thought he was truly evil, he was used. I believe his head is clearing and he's realizing what he's done. I don't think there will, or should, be a full redemption of his character, but I think there will be something. He won't just be left as a cold traitor, there's more to him.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Yeah, I'm not sure how they'll handle Ward. Maybe he will get to die heroically or something. It would just be incredibly dumb for them to just forgive him and issue a pardon and let him rejoin the team like nothing happened. >_>
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Writing on the Wall:

Loving it.

Coulson's crazy moments were unexpected, especially when he locked up Skye

Ward is catching baddies for Shield now; and apparently he's going to kill his brother (or at least kidnap)

More insight into the TAHITI project

bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Face My Enemy:

There was hardly anything to this episode plot-wise, it was all just 'get the painting' escapades, but I still enjoyed it.

Great to see Fitz getting back into the group.

A Hen in the Wolf House:

Isn't Fitz now aware that Simmons is on a mission? Why is he still thinking she 'moved on'?

We're finally learning about Skye; it's taken long enough.

Good the team is all back together again.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

bookworm wrote:
Isn't Fitz now aware that Simmons is on a mission? Why is he still thinking she 'moved on'?
Because he's a whiny baby. :noway:
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

Writing on the Wall:
I love Grant Ward. Seriously. He reminds me of Rumpelstiltskin a little. Plus I love his hair. Or.. loved. I still like his cut I guess.

I don't know how I feel about how they dealt with the carvings. Just all of a sudden everything's okay? Really?
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

The team trying to find the city.
Flashbacks about Whitehall
Skye's mom
in the present, Ward capturing his brother, forcing him to confess; later presumably killing him and their parents.
Coulson meeting Skye's father
Ward rejoining Hydra, also meeting Skye's father
Can't wait till next week

The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Skye and Star-Lord are half-siblings! :shock:
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

A Fractured House:

No way, Ward's brother? That's a twist.

A knife on a chain is an interesting choice of weapon, I don't believe I've ever seen that kind of fight scene before.

I can't believe they actually made the trade; how did they not think that would backfire?

I'm really curious what the deal is with that writing or whatever it is, hopefully we're getting close to some new information there.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

That body dissection was surprisingly graphic for network TV. >_>
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

The Writing on the Wall:

I had a feeling Ward was setting those guys up, I didn't think he would go right back to HYDRA, but I'm not sure about his motivation. Is he really trying to make amends, or is he just trying to build some trust back to use as leverage for some personal angle later on?
Whitty Whit wrote:I don't know how I feel about how they dealt with the carvings. Just all of a sudden everything's okay? Really?
I actually think it's fine. What was making them go crazy was the partial memories, the not being able to understand. Now that they have all the pieces they're okay.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

bookworm wrote:The Writing on the Wall:

I had a feeling Ward was setting those guys up, I didn't think he would go right back to HYDRA, but I'm not sure about his motivation. Is he really trying to make amends, or is he just trying to build some trust back to use as leverage for some personal angle later on?
The thing with Ward going back to Hydra is I think to team up with Skye's dad and take down Whitehall. I don't know about personal angles, but now he's on the inside. And he's not being controlled by anyone anymore

Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

Shennifer wrote:
bookworm wrote:The Writing on the Wall:

The thing with Ward going back to Hydra is I think to team up with Skye's dad and take down Whitehall. I don't know about personal angles, but now he's on the inside. And he's not being controlled by anyone anymore
No strings on him.
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Very good mid season finale

Skye finally meeting her father, who clearly loves her even if he is a bit off his rocker

Tripp dying was really sad

I didn't know what would happen when the device was used, so I was on the edge of my seat when Raina and Skye were covered with whatever that was
But Skye's powers coming to life and her blasting away the pieces was awesome
Last edited by Shennifer on Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

The Things We Bury:

Solid episode, good character and story development.

The SSR flashbacks were done well; they had genuine value to the episode, it didn't feel like they were only dropped in to set up Agent Carter's show as the break approaches.

The time lapse sequence in the cell was really cool.

Hmm, so Whitehall's rejuvenation was finally explained... but not really. I hope they come back to it later with more substantial answers or this whole thing was really just a cop out.

What is Ward's angle here? Still can't figure him out.

And wait a second, is Skye's dad, and thereby somehow Skye as well, connected to that lady Whitehall was after? That is a crazy development.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Keep watching, bookworm. I think you'll like what you see \:D/

edit:

the next two episodes, the second one particular, I think are some of the best ones yet.
Last edited by Shennifer on Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

That ending... I hate the Whedons some times.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Knight Fisher wrote:That ending... I hate the Whedons some times.
I have a love/hate relationship with all things Whedon

that being said, enjoyed the finale a lot. Exciting, tense, and finally a bit of happiness. Except for the very end, man I did not see that coming