Agents of SHIELD

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Kaida
Whale you be my friend?

Post by Kaida »

SO MANY SPOILERS.. I was going to read them cause I like spoilers, but I probably won't understand a thing that's being said since I haven't gone past the second or third episode. I should go back and watch this again. I've been meaning to since one of my friends told me that the episodes are connecting with each other better. I just haven't got around to catching up. I have a feeling that this may be one of those shows I know I'm gonna like and watch a lot and have a hard time waiting for the next episode to come out.. So I may just wait til I can watch a good amount all at once. Maybe.
I like chocolate milk. - Cheese
#ForeverKitty
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Another good episode.
So is that all the Coulson story? They just 'brought him back'? That's what all the secrecy was for? Everyone already knew that! What's the big deal? Just that it was a questionable choice? There must be something more to it.

And I knew Mike couldn't be dead, but wow how is he going to get out of this one?
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

It does seem a little anticlimactic, but I suppose that it was extreme, bringing him back DAYS after death as opposed to hours. I'm glad Mike isn't dead, but it appears he's in danger. I wonder who this clairvoyant is and when we'll find out.
I'm glad Skye found out about her past, and has some closure now :)

Till the end of the line.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Another really good one! This show is the real deal.
Very cool to see SHEILD's inner workings, but very weird to see Mira from Terra Nova. Every scene with her threw me because I permanently see her as one of the bad guys.
Interesting development with Skye. We found out so much, yet didn't really learn anything.
And what was up with the kid at the end? I thought the ice came from the machine, but it was destroyed. Does he have natural freeze powers now or something?
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

bookworm wrote:Another really good one! This show is the real deal.
Very cool to see SHEILD's inner workings, but very weird to see Mira from Terra Nova. Every scene with her threw me because I permanently see her as one of the bad guys.
Interesting development with Skye. We found out so much, yet didn't really learn anything.
And what was up with the kid at the end? I thought the ice came from the machine, but it was destroyed. Does he have natural freeze powers now or something?
I think he does have "natural freeze powers" now; which kinda stinks in my point of view because it seems like this makes him a villain (just by how that scene played out, with the music and whatnot)

We find out about Coulson and a bit more about Skye (though not everything yet). Should be interesting to see what they do with future episodes, as long as this show doesn't get canceled like other Joss Whedon shows have (Firefly anyone?)

Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

He's a remaking of the villain Blizzard.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

Shennifer wrote:
bookworm wrote:Another really good one! This show is the real deal.
I think he does have "natural freeze powers" now; which kinda stinks in my point of view because it seems like this makes him a villain (just by how that scene played out, with the music and whatnot)

We find out about Coulson and a bit more about Skye (though not everything yet). Should be interesting to see what they do with future episodes, as long as this show doesn't get canceled like other Joss Whedon shows have (Firefly anyone?)
Terra Nova ftw. Firefly ftw.

Anyway.

I thought these past 2 episodes were really good. I love how they are developing Coulson's storyline as well as Skye's. Just a slight acting note, Skye's actress didn't seem to be all that emotional when Coulson was telling her about her past. It didn't seem real. But, that's just my opinion. I just think the actress could have done a little more.

Yeah I didn't get the whole kid at the end freezing the window bit.
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
Astronomer
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Astronomer »

Personally, I think when the machine exploded, it imbued the boy with the freeze powers.

This has got to be one of the best episodes yet. I really hope SHIELD stays at this quality for the rest of the season.
My blog: http://www.jessericebooks.blogspot.com Where I talk about stuff and the book(s) I've published.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Astronomer wrote:Personally, I think when the machine exploded, it imbued the boy with the freeze powers.
He didn’t have them before, or he wouldn’t need a machine in the first place, so I’m sure that's correct.
Whitty Whit wrote:Skye's actress didn't seem to be all that emotional when Coulson was telling her about her past. It didn't seem real. But, that's just my opinion. I just think the actress could have done a little more.
So, I actually have the exact opposite thought on this. I agree that the performance wasn’t movingly emotional, but I found that the perfect way to play it. Because, maybe I missed something, but I really didn’t get why it would be a big emotional thing. Like, at all. Yeah it’s sad a bunch of people died, but it wasn’t like she did it or anything. So I thought it was perfect. She was overcome, but not overwhelmed.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

It was nice to see Skye get some closure, that's for sure. Touching moment at the end, with the memorial of the names of dead agents.

I'm curious about this clairvoyant. I hope they're motives are more ambiguous than just being the "big bad".

Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Well. That was unexpected.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Looks like the Clairvoyant has their own agenda, which is interesting.
It was neat twist how they did the part on the train from several perspectives, coming back to each one separately as the plot went on.

Poor Skye. I hope she lives. I wonder what the cure will be, or if we'll learn more about her past. Coulson's reaction to finding her showed how much he cares about her

bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Stan Lee cameo!
There wasn't a lot to this episode since half of it was repeating the same sequence, but I thought it was good.

Just like the last episode kept making me think of Terra Nova, this one kept making me think of Stargate. The bald guy was in Stargate Universe (as was May, coincidentally) and the episode format of replaying a scene from different characters' perspectives was used in a prominent episode of Stargate Atlantis.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Which episode of Atlantis? I think I remember it but I'm blanking on the name.

These breaks are getting annoying. No new episodes until March.
Last edited by Knight Fisher on Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Knight Fisher wrote:Which episode of Atlantis? I think I remember it but I'm blanking on the name.
It’s called Sunday. That episode is the only thing I hate about that series. The majority of it is actually fine, I like the format and the story, but the ending shocked and angered and deeply saddened me.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Ah, yes. I guess I blanked that one from memory.
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

Prediction: Coulson and May are the real parents of Skye. They're just trying to hide any ties with her.
That's what I'm guessing. I'm pretty sure I'm wrong, but hey, why else
would Coulson get so worked up about Skye?
y'know?
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Whitty Whit wrote:
Prediction: Coulson and May are the real parents of Skye. They're just trying to hide any ties with her.
That's what I'm guessing. I'm pretty sure I'm wrong, but hey, why else
y'know?
well...it's not a bad theory, it would be interesting, but I'd like for them to not be because it seems a bit too cliche to me.

Maybe he just knew the agents involved with her case and cares about her. He can care without him being her real father

bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Whitty Whit wrote:I'm pretty sure I'm wrong, but hey, why else
Because of whatever he knows that we don’t. For us it seems like ‘Why else would it be’ but that’s because we have no idea what the story is. He does, and whatever it is it’s serious to him. It could be your theory, it could be something else.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Finally back from hiatus; it was a pretty good episode.
I'm glad Skye is okay; it looked pretty bleak for a while there). I'm a little confused about what Coulson saw in that underground base. It wasn't explained. Maybe I'm just slow to understand it.

It was nice seeing the team all work together and unite for Skye's sake.