Agents of SHIELD

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

3rd episode: approved.
I loved this episode! Such a good plot and I love the twist with Hall! He knows what he will do is immediately bad, but in the long run, it will save millions. "The needs of the many, outweigh the needs of the few" type mantra, you know?
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
Fang-wa
Avian American
Avian American

Post by Fang-wa »

Whitty Whit wrote:3rd episode: approved.
I loved this episode! Such a good plot and I love the twist with Hall! He knows what he will do is immediately bad, but in the long run, it will save millions. "The needs of the many, outweigh the needs of the few" type mantra, you know?
Yes! Also an end-justifies-the-means mentality.

This episode also was very clever and creative in showing that a "big brother" isn't always bad (big men in dark suits, et cetera).
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

It pretty much ripped off the end of the first Godzilla movie. >_>
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

I'm glad Skye ended up having her 'defining moment'. We learned more about her, I like that.

I get what Hall was trying to do, even if it was the right thing (stopping the gravitonium) executed the wrong way (killing people in the process). I just wish there had been a better way to stop it instead of Hall getting sucked into it. But then again, I can't think of any other solution.

On another note, I thought it was great how Skye got the gun, then they're all like but can you pull the trigger and she's like nope and just jumps out of the window and into the pool

Till the end of the line.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Third episode was a little dull, but I still liked it.
Astronomer
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Astronomer »

Shennifer wrote:
I get what Hall was trying to do, even if it was the right thing (stopping the gravitonium) executed the wrong way (killing people in the process). I just wish there had been a better way to stop it instead of Hall getting sucked into it. But then again, I can't think of any other solution.
Well, technically one of the team could have thrown themselves into it (Coulson even) rather then sending Hall into it. That way it would have been a sacrifice rather than a killing/murder/whatever you want to call it. But, of course, you wouldn't have that character able to come back (except, Hall probably will...)
My blog: http://www.jessericebooks.blogspot.com Where I talk about stuff and the book(s) I've published.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

if he comes back he'll probably be mad

The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

Catspaw wrote:...and there was a little hint to provide some hope in that direction
What was it? :anxious:
Shennifer wrote:
I'm glad Skye ended up having her 'defining moment'. We learned more about her, I like that.

On another note, I thought it was great how Skye got the gun, then they're all like but can you pull the trigger and she's like nope and just jumps out of the window and into the pool
Yes! ^_^
And the way that Ward is more like a big brother instead of a love interest? Whew. :P

Hall...Coulson's solution I did not like. Episode One Fitzsimmons say they have to kill the 'superhero' because he'll explode. They say that's the only way. Coulson says 'Don't ever tell me there's not another way'.
And then Ep 3 he chooses to kill Hall. *sigh*

I liked the rest of it though. ;)
Shennifer wrote:
Wouldn't you be? x)
Last edited by The Kings Daughter on Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

The Kings Daughter wrote:
Catspaw wrote:...and there was a little hint to provide some hope in that direction
What was it? :anxious:
Shennifer wrote:

Yes! ^_^
And the way that Ward is more like a big brother instead of a love interest? Whew. :P

Hall...Coulson's solution I did not like. Episode One Fitzsimmons say they have to kill the 'superhero' because he'll explode. They say that's the only way. Coulson says 'Don't ever tell me there's not another way'.
And then Ep 3 he chooses to kill Hall. *sigh*

I liked the rest of it though. ;)
Shennifer wrote:
Wouldn't you be? x)
yes, I would. interesting point comparing Coulson's attitude about killing in the pilot to this episode. I hadn't thought of it that way.

I think a brother-sister relationship has the potential to be more interesting than a love interest. Chemistry doesn't have to be romantic, even if my romantic feels are on overdrive sometimes

Humby
Tallying up

Post by Humby »

Detective/FBI stuff seems to really be in right now. :cop:
Cbriggs45
Pilgrim

Post by Cbriggs45 »

its a good show... no where near the heights of hostages or Blacklist.. but its a solid show.. if they can keep it up for 3-5 seasons it would be fun to see the evolution of it.
you can learn a lot from job 38-42, being humble isn't the easiest but its worth it.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

The last episode was a little dull for me again, but it was still good.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

I liked this one. It was intriguing and I'm glad that it didn't have a quick resolve like the other episodes. The next one looks interesting too;
what with Skye being found out/arrested/taken out of the group. I hope she redeems herself though

Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

The 4th episode was pretty good! I loved how they left it open. I really hope this is serialized as opposed to just individual plots. That's what happened to Doctor Who in the later seasons...
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

So Skye isn’t bad then, right? We were just supposed to think maybe she was because it was like
‘Uh oh, she has an ulterior motive for joining them’ but it turned out to be so she could find her parents.
Astronomer
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Astronomer »

bookworm wrote:So Skye isn’t bad then, right? We were just supposed to think maybe she was because it was like
‘Uh oh, she has an ulterior motive for joining them’ but it turned out to be so she could find her parents.
Is it? I don't know if I trust her, it seemed a little too much like she was trying to make Coulson pity her.
My blog: http://www.jessericebooks.blogspot.com Where I talk about stuff and the book(s) I've published.
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

This was, as usual, a good episode! I loved it. Yeah, sorry about that street performer though. sucks to be him. But what I find interesting is the little wristband that Austin was made to put on and Skye. I wonder if we'll see that again or not.
#FOREVERKITTY
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

I don't think Skye had any reason to lie at the end. She had been caught and she had nothing to gain by lying.

Her and Miles hooking up was a bit of a surprise, but not necessarily in a bad way.

Too bad about that street performer, but I'm curious about the people behind that organization.

Overall I liked this episode quite a bit; I thought it was funny how they just left Miles in China and didn't take him home.

bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Why wasn’t there an episode this week? :-k
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

ABC tends to do this with most of their shows. I'm assuming they didn't want to compete with baseball.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.