The Silver Chair — Movie Coming Soon!

Narnia Returns!

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I liked it a lot, too... but it doesn't really fit into their timeline. >_> I mean, I get doing the movies in published order... I prefer that... but its really weird to go back to the time when the first 4 were ruling Narnia after moving multiple stories beyond that...
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Well, depending on the money to be made they will. :P It really wouldn't surprise me- TMN especially would be a really good fantasy aside from it being Narnia. HAHB is pretty good, too. Breeheehinnybrinnyhooheehaw is definitely a classic character. ;)
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Humby
Tallying up

Post by Humby »

I just hope they don't ruin it. :shame: They've done well with the other ones though... even if I didn't care for Prince Caspian (the movie)
Peachey Keen
Smile for the camera
Post by Peachey Keen »

The Silver Chair is my second favorite Narnia book! I'm very glad Walden Media isn't making this film. After the shipwreck called Dawn Treader, I don't trust them with the series.
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

I liked the Dawn Treader movie. :noway: Also, and while this is apparently an unpopular opinion, I really liked Prince Caspian as well.
Humby
Tallying up

Post by Humby »

I did like the Dawn Treader. But I didn't like how they portrayed the magician.
Blitz
Love to love

Post by Blitz »

I liked Prince Caspian alot.
Online family
Christian's nephew
Sammy's Bro and moderator between Sammy and Woody and her partner in randomnes
Woody's younger brother and best friend And married to Joy and forgot about it Dolls third cousin
Yes, since my sweetheart lives in the clouds
I must float on them. - Limerick

Blitz....do not flirt when you have a gf already!!!! Gahhhhhh..these tweens need to learn proper gentlemanly behaviour!!!
Blitz: I am a teen
* Black_Ghost buries the two peeps...err chicks...err dude and a chick
'Here lies blitz the dude, and IT the chick.
* IrishTiger is not being buried beside Blitz.
Doll knows everything about her sweet baboo
BECAUSE SHE STALKS HIM
Woody
Check out my blog by order of the king.
http://blitzkrieglight.blogspot.com/
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

From basically every vantage point, the Narnia movies have gotten progressively worse. :( I wish they wouldn't keep trying.
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
EvangelineWalker
I'm a teapot

Post by EvangelineWalker »

I personally liked Prince Caspian best. LWW a close second. Dawn Treader (one of my fav books) did disappoint me. But I think it's possible to do them right, if they don't mess with the source material too much.
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

It's less about messing with the source material and more about just making a good movie. ;) VOTDT was not a good movie, and not because it didn't stay faithful to the book.
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
EvangelineWalker
I'm a teapot

Post by EvangelineWalker »

That's probably more what I mean. But a movie adaptation will be better if it doesn't necessarily follow the book to the letter, but is true to the soul of the book. The Lord of the Rings were good fantasy adaptations; too bad Narnia couldn't have been quite up to that standard.
In VotDT, I didn't really get why they had to put that green mist plot in. I get why movies have to have something tying them together, not episodic like the book, but they could have done something different. I liked the old BBC version (despite the effects) and they didn't feel the need to tie it together with green mist or whatever.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Well... "soon".

Joe Johnston (Captain America: The First Avenger, The Rocketeer) has been added on as director. \:D/

And since there isn't an active Narnia topic. The Logos Theatre in South Carolina is doing the first ever production of Prince Caspian as a play with Douglas Gresham's blessing. My sister saw it over the weekend and it's supposed to be a really good adaptation. http://theacademyofarts.interticket.com/

To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Wow, three and a half years since the last post, and now there's a director. :lol: Well, "soon" is a relative word! Thanks for the info, KF. I hadn't heard anything about this project in a long time.

That play sounds great! :D Very cool.