Touch

Fox did it again

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Touch

Post by Whitty Whit »

Fox created another TV show, and this one is called "Touch". It's about this boy who never speaks, and he can see how everything "flows together" as it were. He sees how some peoples' lives are "destined" to touch each other and how and when people interact with others.

or something like that. \:D/

I watched Touch on Fox's website. If you've watched it, feel free to discuss.

I thought it was okay. For a pilot, it seemed average. Some whooshy effects, a dramatic plotline, and a terrorist threat. But I don't know. Terra NovaLinked to Fox.com started out like that, and at the end, I really liked that show. 13 episodes have been ordered for Touch. I wonder how it will go. \:D/ I'll discuss the pilot more, if people talk about it.

I especially want bookworm to see this. I wonder if he knows about this. ;)
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

Well, it has Kiefer Sutherland, so that's pretty cool. I saw the trailer, and it didn't look all that great.

However, the whole plot sounds a little...I dunno...New-Agey or something...I guess I'd have to see it first.
Last edited by ric on Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

ric wrote:Well, it has Kiefer Sutherland, so that's pretty cool. I saw the trailer, and it didn't look all that great.

However, the whole plot sounds a little...I dunno...new agey or something...I guess I'd have to see it first.
Yeah same here. It's worth watching once, I suppose.
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

So, I saw it, and it was pretty good. You know, it's really true about the Fibonacci numbers and the golden ratio and all that. Just more evidence for a Creator.

It didn't seem that bad.
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

ric wrote:So, I saw it, and it was pretty good. You know, it's really true about the Fibonacci numbers and the golden ratio and all that. Just more evidence for a Creator.

It didn't seem that bad.
I know right?

*tries to tag bookworm and hopes he sees this*
#FOREVERKITTY
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Whitty Whit wrote:I especially want bookworm to see this. I wonder if he knows about this. ;)
Why?
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

bookworm wrote:
Whitty Whit wrote:I especially want bookworm to see this. I wonder if he knows about this. ;)
Why?
Because you seem to have a worthwhile opinion on stuff like this. \:D/ So did you see it?
#FOREVERKITTY
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Well, thanks. :)
I did not see it. I wasn’t really planning on watching it, but if it’s available online I may check it out if you think I should.
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

bookworm wrote:Well, thanks. :)
I did not see it. I wasn’t really planning on watching it, but if it’s available online I may check it out if you think I should.
Fox has the pilot up on their website ;)
#FOREVERKITTY
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I’ll see if I have time to watch it before it expires and let you know what I thought. :)
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

k so if you do see it, I'm just posting so you won't have to edit your other post and make it so no one will read since everyone will have forgotten about this. lol
#FOREVERKITTY
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I watched the pilot. Very fascinating show.

The previews looked interesting enough, but I couldn’t tell where they were trying to go with it. As I watched the episode, I still couldn’t. I get the premise, but I don’t understand the plot. Yes those patterns appear all over in nature, but I don’t get how that makes everything connected to the point where someone is able to follow it to something like that.

I didn’t get the part with the lottery numbers, I didn’t know how he knew those were part of something. When we finally learned the significance of them it was very touching for us, but that still doesn’t explain why they caught Jake’s attention.

I also didn’t get the cell phone going around the world. If something like that really happened I would think someone would try to return it to the owner, not just blindly pass it on.
That being said, I liked how they connected everything through it. How that was why the pictures of that guy’s daughter made it onto the jumbotron and that girl’s video was discovered and all that.

And I also didn’t understand how Jake made all the phones go off with the different numbers. The lottery ones and the lady’s mom’s. That was weird.

When everything finally started fitting together I thought it was very satisfying. Just the first one was enough for me. The fight at the station made that guy miss his bus so he could save those kids. But they wouldn’t have fought if they hadn’t recognized each other, and they wouldn’t have recognized each other if Jake hadn’t taken the ticket, so even that was a part of it all. Very intricate.

And then after that there was the guy seeing the pictures of his daughter because they were downloaded off the phone with the videos. Once it got there I was extremely impressed. But it went even further. When we saw that even the guy’s job, kitchen supplies, was going to come into play, that was it. Blew my mind.

So overall I did enjoy the show. Very thought provoking and interesting to follow, even if all the details don’t make sense yet. Maybe they will in the future, I don’t know if they’re going to expand on them or not. I’m intrigued enough to check out the next episode when it’s available and see where it goes.
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

bookworm wrote:I watched the pilot. Very fascinating show.
The previews looked interesting enough, but I couldn’t tell where they were trying to go with it. As I watched the episode, I still couldn’t. I get the premise, but I don’t understand the plot. Yes those patterns appear all over in nature, but I don’t get how that makes everything connected to the point where someone is able to follow it to something like that.

I didn’t get the part with the lottery numbers, I didn’t know how he knew those were part of something. When we finally learned the significance of them it was very touching for us, but that still doesn’t explain why they caught Jake’s attention.

I also didn’t get the cell phone going around the world. If something like that really happened I would think someone would try to return it to the owner, not just blindly pass it on.
That being said, I liked how they connected everything through it. How that was why the pictures of that guy’s daughter made it onto the jumbotron and that girl’s video was discovered and all that.

And I also didn’t understand how Jake made all the phones go off with the different numbers. The lottery ones and the lady’s mom’s. That was weird.

When everything finally started fitting together I thought it was very satisfying. Just the first one was enough for me. The fight at the station made that guy miss his bus so he could save those kids. But they wouldn’t have fought if they hadn’t recognized each other, and they wouldn’t have recognized each other if Jake hadn’t taken the ticket, so even that was a part of it all. Very intricate.

And then after that there was the guy seeing the pictures of his daughter because they were downloaded off the phone with the videos. Once it got there I was extremely impressed. But it went even further. When we saw that even the guy’s job, kitchen supplies, was going to come into play, that was it. Blew my mind.

So overall I did enjoy the show. Very thought provoking and interesting to follow, even if all the details don’t make sense yet. Maybe they will in the future, I don’t know if they’re going to expand on them or not. I’m intrigued enough to check out the next episode when it’s available and see where it goes.
Yeah, the whole premise is a mix between interesting/far-out. As you said, it is very intricate. I didn't get the part about the oven thing. Like in the middle of nowhere, there's this muslim dude trying to get an oven? But I guess that was just a plot device.
#FOREVERKITTY
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Whitty Whit wrote:Like in the middle of nowhere, there's this muslim dude trying to get an oven?
That was how his family made a living, they were bakers.
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

bookworm wrote:
Whitty Whit wrote:Like in the middle of nowhere, there's this muslim dude trying to get an oven?
That was how his family made a living, they were bakers.
Yeah, I got that. But what I'm saying is that I'm not sure where they would come up with an idea like that.
This show is almost exact opposites from Terra Nova. In TN, they were stuck in just one place. But I guess Touch might be an avenue for Fox to depict scenes from all over the world. :shrug:
#FOREVERKITTY
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Whitty Whit wrote:But what I'm saying is that I'm not sure where they would come up with an idea like that.
You don’t think there are family bakeries in Baghdad?
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

bookworm wrote:
Whitty Whit wrote:But what I'm saying is that I'm not sure where they would come up with an idea like that.
You don’t think there are family bakeries in Baghdad?
Eh, nevermind. I'm saying is that I'm not sure what would inspire the writers to write about that.
#FOREVERKITTY
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Wait, the next episode isn’t coming out until March?
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

bookworm wrote:Wait, the next episode isn’t coming out until March?
Apparently. It sort of disappointed me. :( I'm curious as to the next plotline. Honestly, I'm not sure how they can keep this show going plot-wise.
#FOREVERKITTY
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Whitty Whit wrote:I'm not sure how they can keep this show going plot-wise.
Me too.

Whose idea was it to stick the pilot out two months before the show is going to start?