Frozen

Because I'm fangirling too much in real life

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I hope people have watched/heard the Piano Guys' version of Let it Go, combined with Vivaldi's Winter. \:D/ It's a beautiful video, on top of being a great rendition of the song.

bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I have listened to Let it Go several more times, and I’ve totally come around on that. It’s a really great song.

I may have a similar change of view on the movie, but I’m still in no hurry to find out.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Catspaw: I like what they did with the song, very creative

some of you have probably already seen this, but I love this version of Let It Go:

Till the end of the line.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Shennifer, I knew this version existed, but I had never actually watched it before. What a beautiful video, not to mention a great voice! Very fun. Thanks for sharing! I like having the choir in the background.
Aeva
Pretzel
Pretzel

Post by Aeva »

WOW! That girl has a stunning voice!

And that is easily my new favorite song by The Piano Guys. \:D/
But break my heart, for I must hold my tongue. --Hamlet.
StrongNChrist ~ Remembered Forever <3
Men who kill without reason cannot be reasoned with. --Stoic the Vast
Let's go down together for one more chance. The skeletons are screaming for one last dance. --Hawthorne Heights
Tell 'em turn it up 'til they can't no more. Let's get this thing shakin' like a disco ball. This is your last warning, a courtesy call. --TFK
You have nice manners for a thief and a liar. --Smaug
I know you mean well, but leave me be. Yes, I'm alone, but I'm alone and free. --Elsa
SirWhit
I'm finally a No0b

Post by SirWhit »

Let it Go is fine, but I hate do you want to build a snowman. It's just really annoying.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

I feel the need to respond to that by saying--and I realize this is completely subjective--I have had the privilege of playing in orchestras for musicals, and probably because of that I thought all the music was fantastic.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

The Frozen hishe apparently had to be redone because Disney or someone had a problem with their brief rendition of Let it Go at the end. Not really sure why there are hundreds of covers on the internet that they seem fine with but this one they go after.

The original can still be seen here at the moment.
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

:( Disney sucks. Also, they ought to be utilizing the new media, not impeding it. Gosh.
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Is hating on Disney the new cool thing to do? Everyone seems to be giving them a hard time. :(
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Mr. Sunnys
Gold Member

Post by Mr. Sunnys »

bookworm wrote:The Frozen hishe apparently had to be redone because Disney or someone had a problem with their brief rendition of Let it Go at the end. Not really sure why there are hundreds of covers on the internet that they seem fine with but this one they go after.

The original can still be seen here at the moment.
LOL x100
"My avatar is awesome."
"You are lame, and so is your dog."
Romans 8:28 ~~Sunnys~~ <BIBLE|---
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

So I'm finally in 18th place (ish...and I'm just glad to be out of the hundreds right now) as holds go for Frozen at the library. Anything I should know before I watch this thing? ;)

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

The Kings Daughter wrote:So I'm finally in 18th place (ish...and I'm just glad to be out of the hundreds right now) as holds go for Frozen at the library. Anything I should know before I watch this thing? ;)
Don't let the hype ruin it for you, or allow your expectations to be raised too high. It's a really good movie, but I highly doubt it will be the best movie you've ever seen. ;)
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Okay, I watched the whole movie.
While I can appreciate it more now, my opinion, unfortunately, hasn’t changed.

It was okay, it was decent. It wasn’t amazing, it wasn’t particularly outstanding, and it definitely wasn’t THE GREATEST DISNEY MOVIE EVER MADE! I still fail to understand the absolutely ridiculous level of hype it gets.

The story actually has multiple major problems if you really think about it.
Why was the entire castle closed off after the childhood incident? Elsa was the only one who ‘needed’ to be secluded, there was absolutely no reason Anna needed shut away all her life as well.
Also, the central conflict of the plot was completely unnecessary. The running problem was that Anna mistook Elsa’s antisocial behavior as dislike of her. This was of course not the case, the exact opposite was in fact true, but there was never any effort made to clear the misunderstanding up, she just let her continue to think that. It would have been the easiest thing ever to simply say ‘It’s not that I don’t like you, I’m staying away for a different reason’ and that would have avoided pretty much any problem that came up since they all really stemmed from that.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Geez bookworm, let it go.
SirWhit
I'm finally a No0b

Post by SirWhit »

Communicate, communicate, Elsa open up your heart and (autocorrect is so dead) communicate! You gotta avert the events of Frozen before it's too late, so open up your heart and communicate!
Last edited by SirWhit on Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Mr. Whit's End wrote:Communicate, communicate, Elsa open up your heart andante communicate! You gotta avert the events of Frozen before it's too late, so open up your heart and communicate!
:lol: I enjoyed that a lot. I could even hear Whit in my head! \:D/

Bookworm, you're right that there are some things that are not super plausible that are needed to set up the movie, but I just like to let that stuff go (as per EK's suggestion) ;) and enjoy the rest of the movie. I know that some people can't really do that, as I remember every single time my brother and I watch a movie together and I get to hear his opinion about stuff that I am perfectly willing to gloss over so I can enjoy the movie more. ;) Frozen isn't the best Disney movie of ALL TIME for me, but I do really enjoy some of the songs, and the story is certainly better than some!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Oh, if I wasn’t clear in my post I was actually making two separate points. The implausibilities were not what made me dislike it (not that I really disliked it, I just didn’t like it an extraordinary amount), I realize that those had to take place or there would be no movie. That was a side thought.
Even accepting those, the movie still isn’t the overly spectacular spectacular everyone keeps clamoring that it is.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Okay, that makes sense. I thought the implausibilities were contributing to your thoughts on not loving the movie in a different way than you maybe meant it. Everybody likes different stuff. I reserve the right to not like stuff that other people like (or not like them the same amount), so other people get the same right. ;)
Jamesobie
Gold Member

Post by Jamesobie »

I do not like this movie. At all. Don't tell Belle. I don't like Olaf, and I don't like Let it Go.
-Trenton Landmark<><
P.S. The Bones rule, and the Israelites drool.
In memory of StrongNChrist, whom I never met.Image