The Biggest Doctor Who Spoiler EVER

Proceed only if you've seen the 50th Anniversary episode

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

The Biggest Doctor Who Spoiler EVER

Post by Amethystic »

GALLIFREY FALLS NO MORE!!! :mad: My brain is exploding with disbelief and indescribable joy and excitement. And that final shot, the one with all the Doctors? Ahhhh!
Joy
Lucid and deductive

Post by Joy »

Oh man. I just finished watching it (interwebz for the win) and near the end I started giggling crazily, aaand I can't stop (or won't stop). It was AMAZING! There are no words to describe what I just saw. No words. Ohhhh wow.
Tennant saying "I don't wanna go" just about made my day. And just everything about the episode....wow.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

I literally had to stifle screams... I didn't want any of my neighbors knocking on my door worried. :-
Just everything. The thirteen Doctors, the big red button xD, the stinking REGRETS and FORGETS. Wowzas. Gallifrey. Which makes absolute sense WHY the Master was able to bring it back in The End of Time 1&2, because it really wasn't gone! Ten just didn't remember!

Oh my word. John Hurt. I expected him to be gruff and cruel, but he WAS still the Doctor! They just made him out to be demonic in their memory- when he really was just as hurt as they were.

YOU KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS. Modern technology now gets to make Gallifrey shine. It was amazing-looking in the Classic; now in the reboot?! GAH!

I got so scared Matty was going to regenerate. xD I almost started crying. And then Tom Baker. BOOM. No scarf, though. :( I was kind of hoping he'd say he needed to look for it and something about some girl having sneaked it out of the vault- I don't know.

HEY HEY HEY! On the name board for the school Clara teaches at, the headmaster is 'I. Chesterton'. FIRST COMPANION. I almost cried I got so happy. <3

And I'm super happy Billie Piper wasn't really Rose Tyler. :P It was a good nod to her, but I would've been REEEEALLY annoyed had she been.

Oh my word. "Thank you for letting me be the Doctor." Tears. Seriously.

PETER CAPALDI PETER CAPALDI PETER CAPALDI HIS EYES HIS EYES HIS EYES!

The Daleks blowing themselves up. xD Stupid Daleks.

Oh my goodness. I'm still in utter shock.
Good thing is, I had to buy this off iTunes in order to see it. It's now mine forever and I can watch it whenever I choose to do so. \:D/
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

Am I the only person disappointed that Gallifrey wasn't destroyed? Seriously. I get that they did "the right thing" but... that is suuuuuch a cop-out. The whole episode was really funny overall. I loved all the references to the past. It was epic. \:D/
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel

Post by Amethystic »

YES. Yes you are. I cannot adequately express how much joy that Gallifrey's return has brought me--I've always wanted the Time Lords to make a comeback. Speaking of which:

a.) The footage from the Time War might have had more impact on me than any other war scene I've seen in a movie. It was literally total war--the planet was in flames and there was nowhere to run, nowhere to hide. I've never been so terrified of the Daleks in my life.

b.) Can I just say how much I love traditional Time Lord attire? They all look so good in that shade of red. :yes:
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

a) I know, Amy... I wanted to CRY. :( It was awful. 2.47 billion children.

b) Yes yes yes. I love the red. \:D/
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Yeah I would agree WW. Gallifrey burned. It was horrible. And the fact they took it so lightly to change that destroys all of Nine's character. If they didn't want Gallifrey destroyed they shouldn't have done it in the first place. But the decision to do it has defined New Who. He had to live with the fact that he destroyed it all. Countless innocents to save countless more. To give him a cop out makes the sacrifice worthless.
With that said I did like the episode. And the Five(ish) Doctors was even better.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel

Post by Amethystic »

It didn't destroy Nine's character--as far as Nine can remember, he did destroy the Time Lords. And while I do understand some people's displeasure with the retconning, I think that restoring Gallifrey adds way more than what it takes away. After all, we've had the Doctor running away from everything (namely, his death(s)) for so long now, it will be an interesting change to see him running to something, searching for the home (and maybe the family?) he thought he lost all those years ago. Instead of trying to hold on to the bits and pieces of optimism he has left, the Doctor has finally, truly been given a new hope.

You know, in light of this recent revelation, I wonder how this is going to affect what Peter Capaldi's Doctor is going to be like. After all, he'll be a Doctor that's not always trying to forget and compensate for the destruction of his own people. Like the War Doctor pointed out, both Tennant and Smith are, to him, absurdly flamboyant, perhaps as a coping mechanism for all the hardships they've had to face. Perhaps this new Doctor won't feel the need to distract himself from everything, like he does now? Perhaps the Doctor is finally ready to grow up.
Pirate Oriana
laugh with the wind
laugh with the wind

Post by Pirate Oriana »

Whitty Whit wrote:
Am I the only person disappointed that Gallifrey wasn't destroyed? Seriously. I get that they did "the right thing" but... that is suuuuuch a cop-out. The whole episode was really funny overall. I loved all the references to the past. It was epic. \:D/
Actually, no, despite what Amy says, you're not the only one. I'm kind of torn about the whole thing, not only because it changes the whole premise of the show in the future, but (for me at least) it really changes the premise of the show in the past. The very dark side of the Doctor that showed itself every time people needed to remember that he was not a perfect hero, the deadly part of the Doctor that he taps into during the grimmest scenes of the show come from that moment. It would have been awesome if they had somehow figured out how to have this happen, without the Doctor being responsible. It is an exciting development, I just don't like that it takes away a lot of the Doctor fallibility.

In other news: "We're confusing the polarity." Made me very happy.
"Same software, different case." Was also awesome, (both in relation to the screwdriver and the Doctor)
DAVID TENNANT IN A FEZ!
There was much awesomeness in the show. \:D/
AMDG

I started a comic. \:D/ "And there's no one to stand around looking impressed"....seriously "what is the point of having you all." :x ;-)
NOW AT: https://www.facebook.com/randompiratecomic
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

AHHHHHH I JUST GOT TO SEE IT IN THEATERS!
I am a bit torn about how saving Gallifrey changes the Doctor, but I think it makes it more bittersweet since he can't remember it. Also, I was a bit sad that Rose didn't interact with 10/11....but they knew she was there because John Hurt said Bad Wolf.

AND DAVID TENNANT SAID "I DON'T WANT TO GO" :( ALL THE FEEEEEEELS

ifoifidfififdfsfdfdkkdkkajfdkajfdkljfkjfkd I can't anymore.
so. much. awesome.

Till the end of the line.
Astronomer
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Astronomer »

My wonder is this: What about the 'End of Time'? Will this mean that the Time Lords are still trying to destroy the universe? Or because they escaped (and the Daleks are dead) they won't be trying to enact the whatever it was they were trying to enact?
My blog: http://www.jessericebooks.blogspot.com Where I talk about stuff and the book(s) I've published.
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel

Post by Amethystic »

I don't remember them wanting to destroy the universe, I just thought that bringing back Gallifrey within close proximity would destroy Earth. :-k
Astronomer
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Astronomer »

Amethystic wrote:
I don't remember them wanting to destroy the universe, I just thought that bringing back Gallifrey within close proximity would destroy Earth. :-k
As I remember it (which could be wrong) the Timelords were trying to destroy all physical beings and turn themselves into spirits who would live on past the end of the universe and that was why the Doctor had to destroy them. The question is whether they will continue with that thread now that the war is over (though, in my understanding, they were still trying to destroy the universe even after the Master had kind of freed them).
My blog: http://www.jessericebooks.blogspot.com Where I talk about stuff and the book(s) I've published.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

So now there can be even more epic stories with the Doctor trying to save the universe AND restore the Time Lords to their former glory. \:D/

BTW.... the Christmas special is called "The Time of the Doctor". :mecry:
Love you always, SnC
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel

Post by Amethystic »

Astronomer wrote:
Amethystic wrote:
As I remember it (which could be wrong) the Timelords were trying to destroy all physical beings and turn themselves into spirits who would live on past the end of the universe and that was why the Doctor had to destroy them. The question is whether they will continue with that thread now that the war is over (though, in my understanding, they were still trying to destroy the universe even after the Master had kind of freed them).
I would re-watch the episode in order to confirm or deny it, but that would involve watching David Tennant die all over again. :mecry:
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Amethystic wrote:
Astronomer wrote:
Amethystic wrote:
I would re-watch the episode in order to confirm or deny it, but that would involve watching David Tennant die all over again. :mecry:
exactly...and I cannot take that. I could barely take it when he said "I don't want to go" this time, much less that first time :(

it hurts me.

Aeva
Pretzel
Pretzel

Post by Aeva »

So the 50th anniversary special was beyond fabulous. \:D/ Ten and Eleven are comedy gold.

"What you get up to in your regeneration is your business. .... I'm not judging you." :lol:
But break my heart, for I must hold my tongue. --Hamlet.
StrongNChrist ~ Remembered Forever <3
Men who kill without reason cannot be reasoned with. --Stoic the Vast
Let's go down together for one more chance. The skeletons are screaming for one last dance. --Hawthorne Heights
Tell 'em turn it up 'til they can't no more. Let's get this thing shakin' like a disco ball. This is your last warning, a courtesy call. --TFK
You have nice manners for a thief and a liar. --Smaug
I know you mean well, but leave me be. Yes, I'm alone, but I'm alone and free. --Elsa
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

I laughed. I cried. I squealed. I screamed.

It was amazing.

MY BABY DAVID.
*insert provocative quote here*
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel

Post by Amethystic »

Aeva, you combo breaker. :x

And don't you mean Queen Elizabeth's baby David, Musical Shutterbug? :-
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

nah, she most definitely means her baby ;)

It hurts that Ten never saw Rose/BadWolf/The Moment, but at least he heard Bad Wolf. I bought this on itunes so could have it forever; worth every penny
I sort of thought that the other two Doctors would see her at the end or something, but nope :(