Super Bowl XLVIII commercials

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Super Bowl XLVIII commercials

Post by bookworm »

30 seconds of commercial time this year cost $4 million, tying the record set last year.

Which were your favorites?

2011, 2012, 2013
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

I loved the "America the Beautiful" ad but then I went onto the internet and found out that only English-speaking caucasian people are allowed to love America. :(
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Aeva
Pretzel
Pretzel

Post by Aeva »

Yeah, one of my politically volatile, ultra-conservative Facebook friends was not happy about that one either. >_> I don't understand why people can't just lighten up.

I, for one, loved it. As a future translator/linguist, I think that commercial is perfect. :inlove:
But break my heart, for I must hold my tongue. --Hamlet.
StrongNChrist ~ Remembered Forever <3
Men who kill without reason cannot be reasoned with. --Stoic the Vast
Let's go down together for one more chance. The skeletons are screaming for one last dance. --Hawthorne Heights
Tell 'em turn it up 'til they can't no more. Let's get this thing shakin' like a disco ball. This is your last warning, a courtesy call. --TFK
You have nice manners for a thief and a liar. --Smaug
I know you mean well, but leave me be. Yes, I'm alone, but I'm alone and free. --Elsa
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I found this a very disappointing year in the commercial area. Just a few stuck out to me.

This one was my favorite; not surprising that it was from Doritos as they’ve been a star here for a while:

Also this one:

Others I liked:
This one made me laugh:

As did these:

And Tebow’s were funny:

Aeva
Pretzel
Pretzel

Post by Aeva »

Overall I agree that these definitely were not as good as in past years, but there were still some I really liked.

My two favorites were the "America the Beautiful" and the "British Villains Rendezvous." (I may or may not have squeaked repeatedly when I saw Tom Hiddleston. :- )

My other highlights:
Both Doritos commercials were good, I thought.

I confess I enjoyed the David Beckham commercial, and I had to laugh at the Oikos yogurt one. I'm not posting either of those, though lol.
But break my heart, for I must hold my tongue. --Hamlet.
StrongNChrist ~ Remembered Forever <3
Men who kill without reason cannot be reasoned with. --Stoic the Vast
Let's go down together for one more chance. The skeletons are screaming for one last dance. --Hawthorne Heights
Tell 'em turn it up 'til they can't no more. Let's get this thing shakin' like a disco ball. This is your last warning, a courtesy call. --TFK
You have nice manners for a thief and a liar. --Smaug
I know you mean well, but leave me be. Yes, I'm alone, but I'm alone and free. --Elsa
godisawesomeness99
Popsicle kid

Post by godisawesomeness99 »

Yeah doritos time machine was the best
Daniel- Seattle Pacific University '22
Music is how God speaks to me
I used to be here.... but now I'm probably not.... so yeah