Super Bowl XLVIII

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Super Bowl XLVIII

Post by bookworm »

ImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

Discussion thread for Super Bowl XLVIII, Denver Broncos vs. Seattle Seahawks!
(And obligatory posts from people who think football is overrated.)

I called this Super Bowl! From the very start of the season I said it would be Denver and Seattle! This is the first time I’ve ever done anything like that, I usually think predicting Super Bowl teams is dumb because anything could happen, but this season somehow I just knew this would be it. It wasn’t even ‘I think’ or ‘I would like’ these teams to be in, I knew this is what it’s going to be.

Since I knew it would be this, I’ve been thinking about it for a long time, pondering who to root for.
If anyone is new and doesn’t know this, I am proud to have an active streak going where every Super Bowl since I started following the NFL, which is eight now, the team I have rooted for has won. (As a side note, I created little animations of the postseason brackets for those years just for fun which can be seen in my gallery.)

I’ve risked the streak on occasion, such as taking the extreme underdog Giants both times against the Patriots, but I’ve always come out victorious. This season, to be true to myself, I have to gamble again.
The Seahawks are the popular pick, and if they win they deserve it, but I have to go for the Broncos. I like Peyton Manning and want him to get another ring.
E II
Animatronic
Post by E II »

Noooooooooooooo :( . So I guess that your streak ends this year. The Seahawks got robbed in Super Bowl 40 there is no way they are losing this time.
I am confused
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

bookworm wrote:The Seahawks are the popular pick, and if they win they deserve it, but I have to go for the Broncos. I like Peyton Manning and want him to get another ring.
Actually, the Seahawks are a 2 point underdog. ;)

We both called Broncos over Seahawks in the football pool.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

American Eagle wrote:Actually, the Seahawks are a 2 point underdog. ;)
I didn't mean betting wise (though two points isn't really a spread), just that all season they've been the overwhelmingly popular pick as the hot team.
E II
Animatronic
Post by E II »

Here in Washington I've heard a bunch of peeps on the radio saying Denver all year.
I am confused
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Of course, in the AFC.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

It's not football, it's American football. Silly 'Muricans. Football is the s-word. .because, you know, you actually use your feet when you play.

*vanishes*
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
E II
Animatronic
Post by E II »

You think you could run the ball with out feet :x
N not only to win afc but to win the whole thing. The reason people are picking the Seahawks is because they are a like able team and people like them. Everyone who actually looks at the game can see that Denver should win. But they won't.
I am confused
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

I am also rooting for the Broncos, because I currently hate the Seahawks for beating the 49ers. :p
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

I agree with bookworm, I'm rooting for Manning to get another ring.

OMAHA!
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
Doll
Found

Post by Doll »

I am rooting for the Broncos, simply because they're my home team. :P

But I also don't really care. :P
IT'S BELLE/DOLL/GG - I'M BAAAAAAACCCKK!
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

I haven't liked Manning since his Super Bowl win. That said Denver fans are a pain, but not nearly as much as Seattle fans can be. So... go Broncos.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
E II
Animatronic
Post by E II »

But... Seattle fans are awesome. Those 49ers fans are jerks though :( . One at my school is the biggest jerk / bully/ distraction their. He is really an young, and can't take losing to me. He ignored me on Facebook cuz I beat him in an argument :) Seattle will stay strong. Also I would like to point out that many many many other quarterback have used Omaha , albeit not as much as manning has the last couple of weeks.
I am confused
Woody

Post by Woody »

I haz been needed crying. *cries*

E II called me a jeeeeerk!!! *sobs*
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
E II
Animatronic
Post by E II »

I'm sorry Woody :( ](*,) :cry:
Only the 49er fans around here are jerks. My uncle lives there and Is a 9ers fan and he is awesome. I'm sure that you are not a jerk, and since posting that I kind hoped that no one would get offended by it and if you did I'm sorry.
Ps. Woody for most awesome member of Januarys?
I am confused
Woody

Post by Woody »

Nah, I was joking too. ;)

PS: YES. I SECOND THE MOTION!
E II
Animatronic
Post by E II »

The motion of woody for the most awesome member in Januarys is raised. All in favor say I?
I am confused
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Knight Fisher wrote:I haven't liked Manning since his Super Bowl win.
Can you explain that? :-k
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Super Bowl XLI was the Colts vs...
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.