Sherlock Holmes in the 22nd Century

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Sherlock Holmes in the 22nd Century

Post by bookworm »

ImageImageImage

I’m curious if anyone else has ever seen this show. I remembered catching a few episodes on tv years ago, so I looked it up and just finished watching the whole series. It’s exactly what the title says, Sherlock Holmes set in the future. But not like BBC’s Sherlock where it’s a reimagining of Holmes in the chosen time period, this is the real Sherlock Holmes brought into the future.

It’s a very fun take on the characters. Sherlock is the actual Holmes who has been brought back to life after his body had been cryogenically frozen. Watson is a robot who has taken on the personality of the original after reading Doyle’s actual Holmes stories, which since they are true in this world are not just stories but are the journals of Dr. John Watson, as they are literarily. Lestrade is a policewoman descended from the inspector of Sherlock’s time. Moriarty is a clone made from DNA taken from the original villain’s body which was preserved in ice after Reichenbach.

From the premise you’d expect the show to just be silly, but it’s actually quite well made. The stories are clever and the episodes are fun to watch. It’s very neat to see how they reinterpret Doyle’s stories and work various references in, because with 200 years between the settings you can’t exactly just drag and drop.
Aeva
Pretzel
Pretzel

Post by Aeva »

I really want to; I just haven't had the time. Hopefully over spring break I'll be able to check it out. \:D/
But break my heart, for I must hold my tongue. --Hamlet.
StrongNChrist ~ Remembered Forever <3
Men who kill without reason cannot be reasoned with. --Stoic the Vast
Let's go down together for one more chance. The skeletons are screaming for one last dance. --Hawthorne Heights
Tell 'em turn it up 'til they can't no more. Let's get this thing shakin' like a disco ball. This is your last warning, a courtesy call. --TFK
You have nice manners for a thief and a liar. --Smaug
I know you mean well, but leave me be. Yes, I'm alone, but I'm alone and free. --Elsa
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

All the episodes can be found on YouTube \:D/