What Not to Watch

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

What Not to Watch

Post by jelly »

The book burning thread needed a silver screen companion. \:D/ Seen a movie you thought was so terrible that you feel compelled to warn everyone else about it? Share your concerns here!
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Petrichor
Popsicle kid

Post by Petrichor »

1. The Master
2. Brave
3. Safety Not Guaranteed
4. Moonrise Kingdom
5. Ruby Sparks
6. Life of Pi
7. Blue Like Jazz
8. Cloud Atlas
9. The Perks of Being a Wallflower
10. The Words
11. Sinister

:x
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

I knew I should have just waited for someone else to start this thread. :(
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Sparrow
Processing

Post by Sparrow »

Anything Roger Ebert ever enjoyed is generally not to be recommended. :noway:
IrishTiger
IrishTiger
IrishTiger

Post by IrishTiger »

The Last Mimzy.
Eragon. (if you've read the book)
The Last Days of Frank and Jesse James.
~IrishTiger

2 Corinthians 12:10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on. ~Robert Frost
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~Philo of Alexandria
Joshua 1:9
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Petrichor wrote:9. The Perks of Being a Wallflower
Don't even read the book :(
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Citizen Kane
Gone with the Wind
Toy Story
The Wizard of Oz
It's A Wonderful Life
Weekend at Bernie's 2
IrishTiger
IrishTiger
IrishTiger

Post by IrishTiger »

The Top Crusader wrote: Gone with the Wind
Toy Story
The Wizard of Oz
It's A Wonderful Life
*blinks* Why? :-s
~IrishTiger

2 Corinthians 12:10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on. ~Robert Frost
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~Philo of Alexandria
Joshua 1:9
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

It should go without saying that everything Kirk Cameron has loaned his "talents" to should be avoided. That and anything that says "Sherwood" and isn't referring to Robin Hood should be thrown on the floor, as you run screaming in the other direction.

Also, the first Hunger Games was pretty bad.
he/him | a little stinker.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

IrishTiger wrote:
The Top Crusader wrote: Gone with the Wind
Toy Story
The Wizard of Oz
It's A Wonderful Life
*blinks* Why? :-s
Top is possibly at least somewhat kidding, but I actually totally agree on "Gone with the Wind." I only saw it once, and it was years ago. My sister and I had it on a list of classics that we hadn't seen but wanted to, and when we finally watched it, we wished that we hadn't. :anxious: I expected a little more happiness and positive character growth. I wasn't familiar with the story, so I understand that a big part of the problem was that my expectations and what the movie actually is did not match, but I did not enjoy it at all, and have no desire to watch it again to give it another chance. Now my expectations would be a lot more accurate, but I already know that I would not like all the same things, so I have no interest in wasting my time. I know that there are people out there who love the movie and think it is amazing, and you can disagree with me....but I will won't watch it again voluntarily, at least not in the foreseeable future. ;)
Metal15
Tallying up

Post by Metal15 »

Eragon. (if you've read the book)
*Shivers* Amen. The books were awesome, but the movie sucked massively.
Aeva
Pretzel
Pretzel

Post by Aeva »

Scott Pilgrim vs. The World

I wasted 112 precious minutes of my life on possibly the most useless film ever made.
But break my heart, for I must hold my tongue. --Hamlet.
StrongNChrist ~ Remembered Forever <3
Men who kill without reason cannot be reasoned with. --Stoic the Vast
Let's go down together for one more chance. The skeletons are screaming for one last dance. --Hawthorne Heights
Tell 'em turn it up 'til they can't no more. Let's get this thing shakin' like a disco ball. This is your last warning, a courtesy call. --TFK
You have nice manners for a thief and a liar. --Smaug
I know you mean well, but leave me be. Yes, I'm alone, but I'm alone and free. --Elsa
Pound Foolish
Tallying up

Post by Pound Foolish »

Petrichor wrote: 2. Brave
What? That's a surprise. Why in the name of all that's holy could anyone blashpeme such a charming, ambitiously formula breaking, breathtakingly animated, with such a gorgeous score and... Anyhow, I'll stop.
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Pound Foolish wrote:
What? That's a surprise. Why in the name of all that's holy could anyone blashpeme such a charming, ambitiously formula breaking, breathtakingly animated, with such a gorgeous score and... Anyhow, I'll stop.
My new favorite person on the ToO. \:D/
Petrichor
Popsicle kid

Post by Petrichor »

Pound Foolish wrote:
I like Brave. It is also the only movie I have seen out of the 11 that I posted here. Coincidentally, Jelly has elsewhere stated that he likes all those movies. \:D/
Last edited by Petrichor on Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

The only ones that come to mind at the moment are Life of Pi and The Notebook. I did not enjoy those movies at all.
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Life of Pi is pretty incredible actually. I'm with you on The Notebook. ;)

Also, Scott Pilgrim is far from useless. At the very least, it's highly entertaining.
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

Jelly wrote:Life of Pi is pretty incredible actually.
It just wasn't my kind of film. I got extremely bored watching it. The visual effects and cinematography, however, were amazing!
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

The Last Airbender is possibly the worst movie I've ever seen, though I admit that much of my disdain for it stems from the fact that I enjoyed the cartoon so much. It didn't resemble the original show at all, and the best that can be said for it is that the comments on the play at the end of "The Ember Island Players" describe the movie perfectly (though with the exception of the effects being decent).
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Aeva
Pretzel
Pretzel

Post by Aeva »

Jelly wrote:Also, Scott Pilgrim is far from useless. At the very least, it's highly entertaining.
To each his own. :p I definitely wouldn't use the words "highly entertaining" to describe that film.
But break my heart, for I must hold my tongue. --Hamlet.
StrongNChrist ~ Remembered Forever <3
Men who kill without reason cannot be reasoned with. --Stoic the Vast
Let's go down together for one more chance. The skeletons are screaming for one last dance. --Hawthorne Heights
Tell 'em turn it up 'til they can't no more. Let's get this thing shakin' like a disco ball. This is your last warning, a courtesy call. --TFK
You have nice manners for a thief and a liar. --Smaug
I know you mean well, but leave me be. Yes, I'm alone, but I'm alone and free. --Elsa