The Amazing Spiderman 2

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

The Amazing Spiderman 2

Post by Termite »

So I went to see this the day after the night it came out (then saw Electro just yesterday as Mr. President in "White House Down"... weird.) and thought it was fairly cool. A bit more dramatic than the first one, but haha what else. I did like Peter Parker again.

I was super(hero-ically) mad at the ending though.

Biggest flaw: no Rear Window movie poster on the bedroom wall.
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Biggest flaw: it didn't have this.

Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I haven't seen it, but from what I've heard the only good part was the end... they actually got something right from the comics. \:D/
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I still haven't seen the first one :anxious: so I probably won't be seeing this one for a while. ;) I did just find out last week that Andrew Garfield is British! :shock: I did not know that.

And now that Top says that he hasn't seen the movie, I have no idea whether I really should make sure I see the first one and make sure I go see the sequel or not. :( Way to let down the people who depend on you, Top! :x
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Yeah, I don't REFUSE to see it or anything but there are a lot more interesting movies coming out. I hear there is some new film coming out this week about a radioactive dinosaur. Doesn't sound like something I'd be into but I might give it a watch.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

I saw this movie today and liked it.
I read that in the comics, Gwen dies exactly how she does in this movie, so I was kinda expecting it. Didn't make it any less heartbreaking (I cried).
I felt sorry for Max aka Electro, but I'm glad that Peter and Gwen figured out how to stop him.

It was good to see Peter finding out more about his father and what really happened, and seeing his friend Harry again (I liked their scenes, and I wish that Harry hadn't turned out the way he did, but I get where he was coming from, he didn't want to die like his father did, and he was desperate. He was mad that Spider Man wouldn't save him, but he when he found out that Peter was also Spider Man, he felt betrayed.
My question is did the Green Goblin suit cure him, or is it just a way of keeping him alive longer? He seemed like a good guy, conflicted, but good and it's a waste to see him turn to the dark side.

I'm glad Gwen's speech is what gave Peter hope in the end

Till the end of the line.
Aeva
Pretzel
Pretzel

Post by Aeva »

*minor bump* Yeah, I thought it was a decent movie, and Peter Parker is really cute, so that helps. \:D/
I actually thought her death scene was quite moving, even though I knew it was coming, and I have to credit the director/cinematography for that one. First, usually there's almost always a cheesy, last conversation right before the moment of death, and, instead of using that cliché, I think it's really cool that Peter and Gwen didn't get to talk to each other again. Second, I loved the way that scene was shot, and I morbidly enjoyed the fact that Peter's web latched onto her but was too late to prevent her from hitting the ground. Third, that little dribble of blood from her mouth was a great touch.

....Not sure why I enjoyed that scene so much, but for some reason it really intrigued and pleased me. :-
But break my heart, for I must hold my tongue. --Hamlet.
StrongNChrist ~ Remembered Forever <3
Men who kill without reason cannot be reasoned with. --Stoic the Vast
Let's go down together for one more chance. The skeletons are screaming for one last dance. --Hawthorne Heights
Tell 'em turn it up 'til they can't no more. Let's get this thing shakin' like a disco ball. This is your last warning, a courtesy call. --TFK
You have nice manners for a thief and a liar. --Smaug
I know you mean well, but leave me be. Yes, I'm alone, but I'm alone and free. --Elsa
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

I don't think she quite hit her head, although it was hard to tell... I think what happened is the whiplash from Spidey jerking her snapped her neck. That *is* what happened in the comics, and they seemed set on recreating that scene, and that is what I was expecting, so maybe I'm biased. >_> It really was hard to tell, though.

Anyway I finally saw it, and after hearing mostly negative things about it, I wasn't really looking forward to it anymore, but I ended up liking it. Maybe just due to low expectations. It wasn't the greatest movie ever but I thought it was better than the first Amazing (the Lizard is a classic villain but his motives on film are kind of dumb), and it handles comedy and dialogue better than the Raimi trilogy I think. They switched up the Goblin I assume just to stand out from the original series which is understandable, but man, having Norman Osborne or the Goblin not be Willem Dafoe is kind of sad. :(

EDIT: Is there not even a topic for X-men: Days of Future Past or Guardians of the Galaxy? WHAT KIND OF PLACE IS THIS!? :x
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

The Top Crusader wrote: EDIT: Is there not even a topic for X-men: Days of Future Past or Guardians of the Galaxy? WHAT KIND OF PLACE IS THIS!? :x
Are there not people who can read on the ToO? WHAT KIND OF PLACE IS THIS?! :x

Click for X-Men.

And it is your job to make the Guardians thread, Top. How am I supposed to know if I should see it if you don't post a review? :mad:
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Catspaw wrote:
The Top Crusader wrote: EDIT: Is there not even a topic for X-men: Days of Future Past or Guardians of the Galaxy? WHAT KIND OF PLACE IS THIS!? :x

Click for X-Men.

And it is your job to make the Guardians thread, Top. How am I supposed to know if I should see it if you don't post a review? :mad:
She made the X-men thread after my TIRADE! :noway:
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

The Top Crusader wrote:
Catspaw wrote:

Click for X-Men.

She made the X-men thread after my TIRADE! :noway:
I'm terribly sorry for not making it sooner, Top. Your tirade reminded me. Before that, I didn't realize how upset some people would be about it's absence

it's there now, so be happy :boohoo:

Till the end of the line.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

\:D/
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

I just saw this today. I loved it. It was such a spiderman movie. It had all the action and drama I anticipated. I don't know WHY it had such negative/lackluster reviews.
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Because it sucked. :x
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Jelly wrote:Because it sucked. :x
Go back to your Spider-man 3! :x
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

It is very disturbing to watch Jelly's avatar and the matching image in his post at the same time. They aren't quite in synch, and it is very disconcerting, but nearly impossible to look away from. ;)

I have finally seen the first Amazing Spiderman movie, but I didn't think that it was very good, so I was in no rush to see the second one. I'll probably do the same thing that I did with the first one - wait to watch it for free on Netflix. \:D/ That way I'm only wasting time, not money. ;)