Mad Men

Duh-duh duh-duh duh-duh duh-duh

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Kairi
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Mad Men

Post by Kairi »

I can't be the only one who watches this perfect show.
*CAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW*
Kait
Feminazi Extraordinaire

Post by Kait »

I can only watch it in small doses, to be honest. It's a great show and I like it.

It's just that the sexism kills me every time. Makes me so angry. I can't take it for too long.
"Any aspect of your faith which you do not question, is the one which should be questioned most."
"I totally approve of toddlers getting married." -Continental Admiral (aka Baragon)
Kairi
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Kairi »

Ah, yes. I understand. I grew up around those sort of attitudes (and still live with people who profess some of them), so it doesn't bother me as much. It's just a not-so-lovely reminder of how far we haven't come. (Thanks, Moral Majority and the 80s!)

I find it interesting how it makes us stare it in the face, though. Good TV should always be staring back at us through our TVs and making us reflect--it's cool how this show uses the past to do that, as most of my favorite shows (Star Trek) use the future.
*CAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW*