Godzilla Final Wars

...and Godzilla/kaiju discussion in general

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Godzilla Final Wars

Post by The Top Crusader »

...am I the only person here who has seen this movie? :) I am assuming so... but figured I'd just check. I saw it today for the first time... although a subtitled or dubbed version isn't out yet (well, actually there is, supposedly, but I couldn't get my hands on it), so anyway, I didn't understand much of the dialogue.

It was a fun movie, though... I officially recommend everyone to see it when it gets a stateside release... though it likely will be straight to DVD. :(

Feel free to turn this topic into Godzilla discussion in general... :)

**expects this thread to die a quick death**
Samwise
Love to love

Post by Samwise »

I've watched it in Japanese the old ones from the 1960s.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Ah yes... the glorious 60's! :D

Those are my favorites... Ghidrah: The Three Headed Monster... Destroy All Monsters... Monster Zero... the Sea Monster ah, lovely. They sure liked using Monster in the titles back then... (although to be fair, the Sea Monster was only the US title, I think. Japanese title was Ebirah: Horror of the Deep, or some such thing)

I like the 70's movies pretty well, too. I haven't cared so much for most of the newer ones. :(
Manda
Someone's favorite

Post by Manda »

My brother owns all of the old ones.
Elf of Rivendell
random passerby elf
random passerby elf

Post by Elf of Rivendell »

I don't like the newer ones either. Especially "Godzilla VS Destroyer" or something like that. I guess I just don't like the entire nuclear meltdown concept. I felt sorry for both Godzilla and Junior in that one, though...
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Elf of Rivendell wrote:I don't like the newer ones either. Especially "Godzilla VS Destroyer" or something like that. I guess I just don't like the entire nuclear meltdown concept. I felt sorry for both Godzilla and Junior in that one, though...
Yeah. I think the Japanese title was Godzilla VS Destroyer... if I'm correct (and we know the odds of that :( ) the US title was Godzilla VS Destroyah, because Toho couldn't copyright "Destroyer" in the United States! :) I always thought that was funny... :-# Anyway, I actually liked that one a little better than some of the other new ones, but the ending was rather sad. Most of the ones made in the 2000's are even worse than the 90's, though, IMO... except "Godzilla, Mothra, King Ghidorah: All-Out Monster Attack" or whatever it's called.

*Salutes Monday's brother*

It was a happy day when I finally completed my collection, and could move on to Gamera films. :)
Elf of Rivendell
random passerby elf
random passerby elf

Post by Elf of Rivendell »

Oh well...at least Junior resurrected. I didn't exactly understand that part, however- was it because of all the radiation from Godzilla's body?

It's interesting, though- every time we go down to Tokyo on the expressway, we pass near the building Destroyer first infested. And we also get to see the building the "UFO" landed on in another episode to hack the computers.
Larry The Pickle
If posts were pigs...
Location: An uncharted Island, thought to exist only in myth.

Post by Larry The Pickle »

Godzilla is so stupid! (no offense intended to anyone who likes it)
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

How many of the films have you seen?
Larry The Pickle
If posts were pigs...

Commercials, movie box covers, posters. Those are the type of old horror movies you watch just so you can laugh at the pathetic.... ness:-s of them. :yes: Like Killer Tomatoes Attack, and Killer Clowns From Outer Space.
Lucy Pevensie
sn33ky hobbitses
sn33ky hobbitses

Post by Lucy Pevensie »

Ray wrote:I've watched it in Japanese the old ones from the 1960s.
Same here, they were so funny. And cool. :P Godzilla is so cute.
I don't like the newer ones either. Especially "Godzilla VS Destroyer" or something like that. I guess I just don't like the entire nuclear meltdown concept. I felt sorry for both Godzilla and Junior in that one, though...
Me neither. Poor Junior!!! And POOOR Gozilla! (I speeell it that way since I don't like how it says "GODzilla"... In Japanese, it doesn't even mean that. It's a mix of "GORILLA" and "WHALE" in Japanese..
Need a nice signature/avatar set? Take a look at my shop! :)
All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out. John 6:37
Lucy is my twin Laura Ingalls = l33t ~*Robin Baggins/Respectahobbit*~
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

The One Hobbit wrote:
Ray wrote:I've watched it in Japanese the old ones from the 1960s.
Same here, they were so funny. And cool. :P Godzilla is so cute.
Me neither. Poor Junior!!! And POOOR Gozilla! (I speeell it that way since I don't like how it says "GODzilla"... In Japanese, it doesn't even mean that. It's a mix of "GORILLA" and "WHALE" in Japanese..
Yes... good old GOJIRA. :D
Jman 009 wrote:Commercials, movie box covers, posters. Those are the type of old horror movies you watch just so you can laugh at the pathetic.... ness:-s of them. Like Killer Tomatoes Attack, and Killer Clowns From Outer Space.
I admit enjoying some moments for their silliness... but in no way are they comparable to Killer Tomatoes or Clowns. :) Those are made with the intention of being bad, and have a totally different sense of humor.

Really, I don't think you can judge them without ever seeing one out of the 20-some that have been made. The newer ones are pretty "hi-tech" or whatever and don't even have the same... goofiness... as the older ones. :)
Larry The Pickle
If posts were pigs...

That's another thing! There are waaaaaaaaay too many of them!!!! :mad:
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Well, that's certainly a good reason not to like James Bond as well, then. :)
Last edited by The Top Crusader on Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Larry The Pickle
If posts were pigs...

#-o

EDIT: vvvvv look at my awesome sigy! vvvvv
Evolution is a faith, not a science!