Robin Williams Dead at 63

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
AIOCREFan
Gold Member

Robin Williams Dead at 63

Post by AIOCREFan »

Robin Williams died today at his home in California. Early reports say it was a suicide, after a period of severe depression.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/1 ... 70050.html
I actually haven't seen hardly any of his movies, but what I saw was hilarious and his death certainly came as a shock. And the sadness of his death is only compounded by the fact that he was not a Christian, going out of his way to make fun of Christianity.

What was your favorite Robin Williams movie or tv show?
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

It would certainly be sad if he died suddenly of natural causes, but it being a suicide (apparently) makes it all the more sad. :(

I watched Mork & Mindy all the time as a kid. I've seen tons of his movies and stuff he did voice work in, I don't know that I necessarily have a favorite. I always enjoyed when he was a guest on The Tonight Show and such. :(
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

This is definitely sad news. :( I know that statistically suicides often go up after a high profile case like this one apparently seems to be, so I hope that people are getting help if they need it.

I think Hook was the first Robin Williams movie I ever saw, but I also enjoyed his role in the Night at the Museum movies. He was just generally very likeable.
godisawesomeness99
Popsicle kid

Post by godisawesomeness99 »

That's really sad..... he will be missed very much
Daniel- Seattle Pacific University '22
Music is how God speaks to me
I used to be here.... but now I'm probably not.... so yeah
Peachey Keen
Smile for the camera
Post by Peachey Keen »

I was hoping it was a hoax when I first heard the news. He was an incredibly funny man. The first thing I remember seeing him was Aladdin. The Genie still make me laugh!
EvangelineWalker
I'm a teapot

Post by EvangelineWalker »

I think Aladdin was the first movie I 'saw' him in as well. My friend said Robin Williams is in this movie and I had no idea who that was. :) The next one was Hook, and though I never owned that movie, I always looked forward to seeing it when I got the chance. Then we got Jumanji and my sisters and I watched that a lot.
I didn't remember he was in Night at the Museum but now I remember he was President Teddy Roosevelt. Perfect for that role.

I was so sad when I heard the news. More than I probably ever cried at a celebrity's death, perhaps because of how it happened.