Twin Peaks

early 90's show

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
EvangelineWalker
I'm a teapot

Twin Peaks

Post by EvangelineWalker »

Has anyone seen this? It's a show that David Lynch directed from 1990-1991. Alas, they canceled it after 2 seasons, and on a cliffhanger no less. But it's a good show--quirky, atmospheric supernatural murder mystery in a small town in the Pacific Northwest. Kimmy Robertson (Penny Wise) plays a character in it.

And then there's FBI Special Agent Dale Cooper. <3

And the Log Lady.

And the realllly weird Black Lodge sequences.....
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Me and my sister are watching this show now. We started it weeks (months?) ago and we thought it was okay at first, then it definitely got better by the end of season 1. I do love Agent Cooper as well, and I hope I like the rest of season 2

Till the end of the line.
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

I watched a few episodes of it a couple years ago, but I thought it was creepy and just never really got into it.
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Huge fan of Lynch, but for some reason I've never gotten around to finishing this series! Thanks for this thread. Now I'm inspired to do so. \:D/
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I've heard of the show but never watched it at all. It's nice to see what other people have to say about it. Maybe one day I'll get around to watching a few episodes and seeing if I want to continue. It doesn't quite sound like my kind of show, but you never know!
EvangelineWalker
I'm a teapot

Post by EvangelineWalker »

Jelly wrote:Huge fan of Lynch, but for some reason I've never gotten around to finishing this series! Thanks for this thread. Now I'm inspired to do so. \:D/
Yay! \:D/

You guys who just start the series are in luck. You don't have to wait 25 or so years for the third season. They've just renewed the next season for 2016!

at first I thought it was another hoax but no, it seems it's real.
So, I would think, the cliffhanger would be resolved.
I wonder if Lynch planned this from the beginning..... The new episode will air on June 10, 2016. 25 years to the day that the last episode aired(there was a part of the show--I don't remember the specifics--that said something would happen in 25 years...)
http://youtu.be/nNHsA4WIFvc
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

I'm half way through the first season! \:D/ Since news of the third season broke, now everyone is watching it on Netflix. I love how early 90's it feels!
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait