Mockingjay Films

Part 1 and 2

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Couldn't agree more, KF. It seemed fairly accurate to the book, too.

everyone's acting was great, and near the end,
when Katniss is breaking down about Prim, I really started to cry
but then the epilogue was nice.

also, here's me as Cressida:

Till the end of the line.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I thought this one was fine, but again was not overly impressed. Catching Fire is definitely my favorite of the series. (Noting that I still haven't seen the first, so that may change, but what wouldn't change are these two not being my favorite.)

I did really like the focus on the propaganda aspect of war and rebellion rather than just 'here's another battle scene' that was a fresh way to do this kind of story. But once it got past that part I just didn't really connect with anything that was happening. I understood it, I just didn't 'care' for some reason.

The ending felt extremely anticlimactic to me after everything that had built up to it. It also really confused me.
It made no sense for the Capital to bomb the kids, so I immediately assumed that must have been a frame up, which was correct; but Snow later said he was about to surrender, so why did he call the kids there in the first place? That wasn't part of the frame, that was really the Capital, but what was the purpose if they were just giving up?
And I chuckled when they took a page from The Hobbit and had the hero black out at the climax of the final battle and wake up and just be told what happened.