Exodus: Gods and Kings

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Exodus: Gods and Kings

Post by bookworm »

The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

If this does well I hope we get a Leviticus movie.

It looks cool, though.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

This is going to be epic! (both in slang and literally literarily) I haven’t been this excited for a coming movie in a long time.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

This trailer does make it look potentially really, really good. I'm going to wait for a few reviews before I decide whether I want to see it in theatres or not (the slavery and plagues are not necessarily something that I am in favour of seeing depicted realistically) ;) but it does look like it should be a good movie.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

I hope they show the plague of the rock monsters to tie it into Noah and the Bible Cinematic Universe.
~JCGJ~
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Post by ~JCGJ~ »

The Top Crusader wrote:I hope they show the plague of the rock monsters to tie it into Noah and the Bible Cinematic Universe.
No, no, no. They're obviously going to have one Egyptian survive, and she has (a) baby(s... :- ) and Moses has to decide whether to kill it or not. And then the Ark's going to float by on top of the walls of water. :mrgreen:
They/Them
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

The Top Crusader wrote:I hope they show the plague of the rock monsters to tie it into Noah and the Bible Cinematic Universe.
+1
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

So much whitewashing, it's ridiculous.
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

So I never got to see this. :( My movie group was set to go, but they all got scared away by the negative reviews. I remained excited, but if it’s just me going I’m not driving to the next town to see it in their expensive theater. So I waited for it to come to the local one, but it never did. I’m very disappointed, I was seriously looking forward to this. I will be watching it on dvd eventually so I’ll at least get to see it, but I feel like this is a movie where you’re really going to miss out on an experience not seeing it on the big screen.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Yeah, it came to my town but only briefly and I missed out on seeing it. Now that it is available on DVD I'm going to try to watch it sooner than later, but I'd have rather seen it in theaters. I'm way behind on my movie watching. :(