Toy Story 4

This is not a joke...

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Wakko
Pilgrim

Toy Story 4

Post by Wakko »

Pixar has just announced Toy Story 4, and it's set for a 2017 release. I thought that Toy Story 3 ended perfectly, but they have to go and make another sequel. :boohoo: Hopefully it will be good. :pray:
lImage
Wakko's some old creepy guy from the 1900's. - Paula
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

"The studio wants more!
While they wait for Tom Hanks to make Toy Story 4!" ~ Muppets Most Wanted

If only they stuck with this attitude :boohoo:

Let's just hope they don't ruin me. I do trust John Lasseter, though.
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I feel like we all worried about Toy Story 3 a lot, and then it was totally awesome, so I'll wait before I get too worked up about the latest sequel. ;) Hopefully it will be excellent!
Pound Foolish
Tallying up

Post by Pound Foolish »

So, so far all we know is it will be a romantic comedy, it will be almost more of a spin off than a sequel starring the usual cast, and Bow Peep will return and we'll find out what the heck happened to her. (Was she sold, lost, given away, what?)
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

It's out.

Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I'm going to see it this weekend, and I'm looking forward to it! Toy Story movies always bring a great blend of fun, adventure, and more emotion than you expect to feel (I wasn't crying during Toy Story 3.... :sniff: ) so I'm hoping this is a great addition to the franchise.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I've heard it's very good and was definitely worth making, and it came from someone who was very skeptical about whether we needed this after the last one was a perfect close to the series, so that's good news!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

It is definitely worth watching! I really enjoyed it. They incorporated the good stuff about Toy Story into a great new story. I found it enjoyable, funny, and moving, just the way a Toy Story movie should be. :D
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Ummmmmmmmmm this was my favourite movie since Toy Story 3.

It's so good. I've been on a renewed Pixar obsession since seeing it two weeks ago. They just somehow make all other movies look.. kind of bad by comparison. :o
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

YES. Toy Story 3 made a huge impact on my life, and it ended the trilogy perfectly.

--and yet Toy Story 4 deserved to be made. I loved it. Woody's arc is just so much more satisfying now.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Personally, I liked Toy Story 3 more, if you want to compare. Toy Story 4 is definitely more of a spin-off than a continuation, which is something I didn't like, because I feel like they could have done more with the story. That aside though, it was about what I expected it to be, and I still really enjoyed seeing it, I saw it the day it came out! Wearing the most fitting attire! \:D/

*Possible spoiler*
I felt very dissatisfied with the end.. it seemed somewhat out of character for Woody..? I dunno, it just didn't sit well with me. I also didn't like that the other characters weren't in it very much. :( And Buzz seemed a little too dumb. BUT, I loved seeing Bo appear again, she was a character I really missed in the 3rd movie. :(
Also, it was cool seeing the animation get EVEN BETTER.

For me, Toy Story 3 will forever be the end of the Toy Story.. Story <3
Last edited by snubs on Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I think I was maybe even too old when the first one came out for me to have a super special place in my heart for the series, but I've seen them all once and they are fine. I liked Toy Story 4 but remember basically nothing from the rest of the series. My daughter is obsessed with Forky now, though. So I guess Disney wins? :noway:
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Beware Disney. They always win. ;) Forky was definitely a highlight of the movie! :lol: