Jurassic Park

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Jurassic Park

Post by bookworm »

The movie that started the sensation! Do you agree it’s a classic or just think it’s kind of silly?
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

It's definitely a classic. I love it a lot and I've seen it a million times :)

Till the end of the line.
LIGHTNING
Pilgrim

Post by LIGHTNING »

Was not too bad.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I love this movie, and the whole franchise, a lot. It's one of my favorites. This first film in particular, because of how well it sets everything up.
It's a groundbreaking cinematic classic of course, but even taking away the technical achievements it's famous for it would still be classic because it's simply a great movie.

The premise of 'let's bring back the dinosaurs' is awesome for a movie, but has potential to become something ridiculous. This movie kept it serious and managed to make a dinosaur theme park a believable idea. You buy into the premise, so when it gets to the real point of making the movie, the dinos rampaging, you don't think 'this is just silly' you think 'yeah this is what happens when that idea goes wrong'.

I like the real world elements they put into the story, like the legal issues of opening the park, and the corporate espionage of rival scientific organizations. They could have just gone 'here's the park, now the dinosaurs break out' but they didn't, they fleshed out the setting. It makes it more than just a gimmick movie 'dinosaurs, because awesome' and puts a good story behind the action.