Jurassic Park III

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Jurassic Park III

Post by bookworm »

People really seem to dislike this one. Do you think it’s bad or is the negativity too harsh?
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

It's nice to see Sam Neil in this one, but overall this is the weakest of the existing trilogy.

Till the end of the line.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Yeah, it was fine. Didn't offer anything new, so it's easily my least favorite, but there isn't anything "bad" about it.
LIGHTNING
Pilgrim

Post by LIGHTNING »

An unwanted sequel...
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I can somewhat understand the hate this one gets, but I don't agree with it. I really think the criticism it gets is too harsh. I can see how it could be somewhat disappointing, but that doesn't make it a complete disaster as some people say it is. While I recognize that it may be the 'weakest' installment, I personally enjoy it just as much as the others. It's not as solid a premise, story wise, but as a fun journey back into that world it's fine for what it is. Like the first sequel this one is finding ways to continue having fun with the story while avoiding just being the same thing over and over.

To some this movie might get into the unnecessary rehash area, and that's probably why some people don't like it. The second movie had a clearer reason for being made; there was more of the story to tell. The first movie was the story of the project under Hammond's vision, then Ingen took over and we saw what happened with their ideas in the next. This one doesn't have a 'big picture' purpose like that really, but I think that's the wrong way to look at it.
This movie is about just having fun with the premise now. We've messed around with different settings for the dinosaur mayhem, now let's get some different kinds of it. We haven't had any flying or swimming dinosaurs yet, so put some in! It gives a fun new angle to the escapades. We have this great story established that gives us opportunity to reasonably use dinosaurs, definitely make the most of it. If there's an idea that hasn't been done yet in the series do it.