Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian

Post by bookworm »

With the end of the trilogy about to hit theaters I want to know what people thought of the first sequel. There were lots of positive reactions to the first movie, but no thread was ever made on the second.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Why they ever made two other movies is beyond me. They should have stopped at the first. So I can't wait until they are done and forgotten.
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Because the concept is too great not to play around with!
It’s just like Jurassic Park; after the first one sets up the premise the others find new directions to take it. Of course they aren’t as ‘good’ but they’re just as fun. We got the initial waking of a nicely contained museum because at first there was a story to address, but after that the next logical steps are ‘Okay that was good, but we can have some real fun with it now. Let’s take this to the most famous museum in the country, then the most famous museum in the world.’
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

No. It's not fun. MAYBE they would have been better if it didn't look like they just threw the movies together with no real effort.

I find them very annoying. A movie I wouldn't mind walking out on at the theater.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

You’re just a grouch. :noway:

(And coincidentally, Oscar the Grouch was in this movie \:D/ )
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

WHATEVERRR, bookie. You're weird. :noway:
Graces4you
Love to love
Location: Somewhere in a Beautiful Valley That everyone ought a see.

Post by Graces4you »

*cough cough* The last movie is "Night in the Museum: Secret of the Tomb" Not Battle for the Smithsonian *cough cough*

Visit Sundays Emporium for all your gift giving needs!!! \:D/
Christian A.
Animatronic

Post by Christian A. »

Graces4you wrote:*cough cough* The last movie is "Night in the Museum: Secret of the Tomb" Not Battle for the Smithsonian *cough cough*
*cough-cough* That's why bookworm's talking about "the first sequel" not the second one. I thought it was pretty clear that he was talking about #2, not #3. =P
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I love this movie an equal amount as the first, and like the first I can watch this one any time. They are so fun.

This movie also has a special place with me because I had a very special experience with it. I actually saw this in the theater right before my family went on a trip to Washington D.C. The two events were not planned to coincide, the trip was in the works for a long time and the movie just happened to come along just then. I'm amazed how perfectly it worked out.

So I not only got to go see the places I just saw in the movie, but I saw stuff actually from the movie because they had special things around the museums for the release.

They had these banners and posters around, and a little shop in the Air and Space Museum:

And gave out this pamphlet that showed all the exhibits featured in the movie:

I found everything! (Except one picture that wasn't there while we were, so not my fault.)

Air and Space Museum:

Museum of American History:

Museum of Natural History:

National Portrait Gallery:

And in the Castle they had the actual pile of loot from the movie!

Kaida
Whale you be my friend?

Post by Kaida »

Heh. I rewatched this movie last week for the fun of it. I really liked the Night at the Museum movies. I didn't realize that the cupids in the movie were the Jonas Brothers. I found out while looking through the credits.
I like chocolate milk. - Cheese
#ForeverKitty
GJ
Pilgrim

Post by GJ »

I love all the movies. Yes, they're a bit goofy, though never intended to be serious. It's about fantasy, and the first one was magical to me as a wee thing. It's comedy, acted with a few very talented actors. And I love the references to history and art in Battle of the Smithsonian. The respect and honour shown to some people history has ignored...there's value there.
"To know whether truth is actually true or just an imposter, give it some licorice." -Wooton Basset
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

That's awesome, bookworm! That sounds like a lot of fun, and you got lots of great pictures. I loved seeing Oscar the Grouch in one of your pictures! \:D/ He's always been one of my favourites.

It looks like I didn't comment on this post previously - I scrolled up to see what I thought about the movie when I first posted, but apparently I didn't post. :lol: I remember liking it but not loving it. It's a fun movie and decent enough story for a sequel, but I can't remember the details. This makes me want to watch it again!