Leonard Nimoy passed away at 83

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Leonard Nimoy passed away at 83

Post by bookworm »

He lived long and prospered.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Yeah. Sad he died but he had a long life. Alas no Shatner/Nimoy reunion in Star Trek 3. :(
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

My brother and I were discussing how they should address this in the next movie, since you can't just not mention Spock at all after making him a part of the new series and now suddenly not having him anymore.

He thinks they will find a way to digitally add him in a small part as a way to bring some kind of closure so it's not just left hanging.
I say that since they were considering putting Shatner in already, they should have original Kirk show up to inform new Kirk that they found another wormhole or whatever and brought Spock back. I think this is a pretty great idea, because it's a clean resolution all around. It closes Spock's story by getting him back home, a happy ending (if you stop to think about it, it's really bleak that he came through that time warp and is now stuck in this alternate timeline all alone), and it also appeases the people that complain about the 'help line' having old Spock in this story presents, because once he goes back there won't be any more time travel consultation.

If they were wanting to draw Shatner into a bigger part in the movie they can still do that around this idea too. He can come through looking for Spock to bring him back, and get involved with whatever is going on in this story while he's there, then the end is bringing Spock back home and wrapping up the time warp storyline. It served its purpose in the first movies, now this series can go forward on its own which is what people want; it's a win-win.

My brother said "Oh, so the new Star Trek 3 will be the old Star Trek 3: The Search For Spock? :P "
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Well... might as well since they already had Kahn do his thing in 2 like before.

I like that idea, though... much better than him just vanishing and a happier ending then, "Oh, he died."