Inside Out

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Pound Foolish
Tallying up

Post by Pound Foolish »

Well, people were a little more split last year. Basically, there was no Pixar movie and so there was room for opinion. :P

Personally, while I feel The Lego movie was superior to The Boxtrolls, I can't think of any films on there that were actually bad and needed to removed. And again, I'd like to see more lesser known films. The Oscars shouldn't be a popularity contest. Lego Movie was a very popular, mainstream film. People make a big deal about those films, but hardly ever others. I'm glad the lesser known Song of the Sea and Princess Kaguya were there that year, both excellent. Song of the Sea in particular was easily a match for the Lego movie.
Last edited by Pound Foolish on Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

bookworm wrote:
Pound Foolish wrote:It was kind of a given IO would win.
It certainly was not a given after the Lego joke last year.
I'm still miffed that The LEGO Movie didn't even get nominated last year. :x
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
Pound Foolish
Tallying up

Post by Pound Foolish »

Do you disagree the films were a match for Lego?
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I finally bought this! \:D/ Long overdue, but I was waiting to see if they were going to redo the cover to mention Academy Award winner because I really wanted that. But I saw it brand new on eBay for a price I couldn't pass up.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Fun! Some movies are like that - you want to own them, but still at the right price. ;) I should watch it again some time soon!