GRITTY REBOOT

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

GRITTY REBOOT

Post by Woody »

For the Muppet Show! \:D/
It's happening! ABC has greenlit a reboot of The Muppet Show as a primetime series for the network. As we heard previously, the show will be a "more adult" show shot in a mockumentary style à la The Office.

ABC has released the first official photo along with a synopsis:
"The Muppets" return to prime time with a contemporary, documentary-style show that, for the first time ever, will explore the Muppets’ personal lives and relationships, both at home and at work, as well as romances, break-ups, achievements, disappointments, wants and desires; a more adult Muppet show, for kids of all ages.
The original Muppet Show was a mix of comedy-variety and behind-the-scenes sketches that ran for five seasons from 1976–1981. The Muppets have been enjoying something of a revival since Jason Segel's 2011 Muppets movie, which played heavily on the Muppets long absence. (Let's just acknowledge Muppets Most Wanted was a thing that happened and move on.) The new Muppet Show will be written by Bill Prady (The Big Bang Theory) and Bob Kushell (Anger Management) who will serve as executive producers. No word on when the show will premiere.
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I hope that it will be good! \:D/ I will definitely watch the first few episodes and decide whether I deem it worthy of my time or not. ;)
Doll
Found

Post by Doll »

Right after I heard this news, which I am super excited for, I also saw that the Muppets released a video with Josh Groban and Lindsey Stirling:

I can't wait to see more from the muppets! :D
IT'S BELLE/DOLL/GG - I'M BAAAAAAACCCKK!