Ant Man

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I think I'd summarize it as it was exactly what I thought it would be. I was sort of hoping to be impressed or surprised but it was just sort of what it was. Which isn't a bad thing, I enjoyed it, but I didn't feel really excited about it, either.

I actually felt similarly after the first time I saw Age of Ultron, and liked it better on a second viewing, so maybe that will happen here as well.

It was certainly better than the latest Fantastic Four is, apparently! \:D/
Pound Foolish
Tallying up

Post by Pound Foolish »

Absolutely agree with Christian. (Did I just say...?) Funny and good characters and visuals, definitely.; Above all for me though, different. This film is a risk just by being an Ant Man film and it takes even more than it needs to. It doesn't take itself seriously, it's visually and thematically creative, along with some marvelously original action sequences. (At last! Action sequences that are more than punching each other and smashing through buildings.) And finally, a super hero movie where the whole stinking world isn't being actively destroyed. (Or a bunch of worlds in the Thor sequel. Ooh, even better.) It's always nice to see a studio take a risk and sad if they're not rewarded, which it didn't last I heard. It's a wonderful reminder that franchises can still be creative and risky, and that Disney is still an entrepreneur.
Last edited by Pound Foolish on Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paula
insert dash here

Post by Paula »

My family doesn't go to movie theaters too often, but I'm going to convince them to take us =P my cousin told us that we should watch it if we want to continue on with the Marvel movies (which we better...) sooo...We might go sometime \:D/ But speaking of my cousin...He was in a small town, and he passed one of the movie theaters and this girl was taking down the big movie poster. He asked what they do with them, and she was like "Uhhh...We throw them away", so he asked her if he could have it, and he got it! So now he has a legit Ant Man movie poster in his possession \:D/
Fast & Jelly are at it again. This time they face the evil fast clickers. Can fast be faster? Is Jelly too slow to turn them into jelly? Find out this week on Fast & Jelly! --> Penguin
#pPodPartnersWithPenguin