War Room

Latest Kendrick Brothers Production

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

War Room

Post by The Kings Daughter »

I haven't seen it and probably won't until it comes out on DVD, but what did you all think of it?

Most of the reviews I've seen are from non-Christians, so they were less than enthusiastic. (Why they went to see it at all I'm not sure, but I guess it's not a bad thing! :- )

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
Pengwin
Penguin-tastic
Penguin-tastic

Post by Pengwin »

Looks pretty good! :) I probably won't see it in theaters either, but I would like to see it.
:wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky:
Blitz
Love to love

Post by Blitz »

I saw a Christian's review, and she said it was awesome.
Online family
Christian's nephew
Sammy's Bro and moderator between Sammy and Woody and her partner in randomnes
Woody's younger brother and best friend And married to Joy and forgot about it Dolls third cousin
Yes, since my sweetheart lives in the clouds
I must float on them. - Limerick

Blitz....do not flirt when you have a gf already!!!! Gahhhhhh..these tweens need to learn proper gentlemanly behaviour!!!
Blitz: I am a teen
* Black_Ghost buries the two peeps...err chicks...err dude and a chick
'Here lies blitz the dude, and IT the chick.
* IrishTiger is not being buried beside Blitz.
Doll knows everything about her sweet baboo
BECAUSE SHE STALKS HIM
Woody
Check out my blog by order of the king.
http://blitzkrieglight.blogspot.com/
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

We saw it in theaters on opening weekend. Technically speaking, everything was right on. The set design, costumes etc. were really great (better than Courageous, definitely). The acting was pretty good too. No cheesy lines stood out to me or anything :P

Story-wise it was good, but I felt like the script was less involved, than Courageous (as in, less sub-plots, less interconnected storylines - just generally more predictable). There was definitely some Kendrick humor thrown in, which was a hit with my family, and definitely some quotable lines that I keep hearing around here.

So yes, if you get the chance, give it a watch. I don't think you'll regret it :)
Christian A.
Animatronic

Post by Christian A. »

I liked it enough that I've already seen it twice. And my parents haven't even seen it yet. xD Oh, the freedom of being a young adult.

I understand why others may not like it, but I really loved it. More so than any of the previous ones, probably. And, yes, the humor is spot on. There are a couple of times the jokes aren't terribly funny (actually, all of said jokes are delivered by the comedian actor in the film, ironically enough), but there were so many times that the whole audience laughed out loud both times I watched it.

And I think the message of this one is more powerful, prominent, and provocative than in their other ones. It makes you leave wanting to make changes in your own life and thinking about how you might enact those changes. I haven't experience precisely that feeling after a movie before, and I've already heard from multiple other people who had the same reaction.

It's definitely worth seeing and supporting in theaters, if you can do that.
Dredge
Classic

Post by Dredge »

It was the best movie made since Night of the Hunter....
Great quote: "God done kicked your behind AGAIN, Satan!"
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not ignorance. It's that they know so much that isn't so." ---President Ronald Reagan
MericaBlog is the new joint Tumblr used by me and a couple friends.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Is this a sequel to War Games? Did Matthew Broderick hack into something again?
Dredge
Classic

Post by Dredge »

The Top Crusader wrote:Is this a sequel to War Games? Did Matthew Broderick hack into something again?
NO! It has absolutely nothing to do with that! Different setting, different people, different race, different everything!
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not ignorance. It's that they know so much that isn't so." ---President Ronald Reagan
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

SimplyDredge wrote:
The Top Crusader wrote:Is this a sequel to War Games? Did Matthew Broderick hack into something again?
NO! It has absolutely nothing to do with that! Different setting, different people, different race, different everything!
For some reason that makes me LOL.

My mom said it was good, which usually means it isn't, so I'm apprehensive.

Probably out of theaters here now regardless. :(
Christian A.
Animatronic

Post by Christian A. »

It's actually probably not out of theaters where you are. It's been surprisingly resilient over the last few weeks. It's going to pass God's Not Dead for overall gross soon, which I don't think anyone expected.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Yeah, someone told me it wasn't, but I checked and it actually still is. :shock:
Dredge
Classic

Post by Dredge »

The Top Crusader wrote:Yeah, someone told me it wasn't, but I checked and it actually still is. :shock:
Anyone remember TS3? I have a hard time remembering when it wasn't in theatres. Ah, good times...